Post what you're doing right now

Guys, I'm really getting tired of this. And we've seriously de-railed this thread.

Oh, and pest? Using blatant abrahamic religious symbolism to combat a creature that (in-universe, of course) created all abrahamic religions just doesn't feel right. SCP-001 and SCP-343 couldn't exist in the same universe as the Elder God because part of the Elder God's backstory is completely fabricating the things they're based on as a scheme for the enslavement of mortals. The Elder God is a metaphor for the real-life human creators of the abrahamic religions, hence how it shares their greed, their lust for power, their obsession with control, their fondness for slavery, their support of rape, their violence, their bigotry, their misogyny, their selfishness, their lack of morals or even ethics, and their fondness of deception. Even its power and the extreme difficulty of ever truly killing it are a metaphor for religion's persistent and obstinate nature, as even if individual religions die off new religions are always arising to take their place.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Trying not to post on just how uninformed the previous poster is in regards to the religions he's referring to.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Trying not to post on just how uninformed the previous poster is in regards to the religions he's referring to.

I think he's spot on.

OT: Trying desperately not to scream at you.

Seriously, BTG. Have you READ any of those books? The Torah, Bible, Qu'ran and Book of Mormon are all filled to the brim with support for the most heinous things humans are capable of. Including rape, infanticide, genocide and slavery. They're all also EXTREMELY misogynistic, homophobic, racist and internally inconsistent. And NONE of these things can be denied if you actually read the damned things.

You're lumping them all together, not taking them each separate. The bible does not condone any of the above. (read it again, the old testament is basically just a historical book so you can see where it originated, the new testament is where the ideals come from)

The Torah and Qur'an are derivatives of the old testament, and were originally made by a guy that disliked the Jews.

The book of Mormon isn't really related to anything, much less something that should be lumped together with the other you mentioned.

OT: Waiting for my brother to get here.

You're lumping them all together, not taking them each separate. The bible does not condone any of the above.

If I recall, there were plenty of massacres throughout the Bible against non Christians, and God almighty destroys Babylon because they aren't Christian.

The Torah and Qur'an are derivatives of the old testament, and were originally made by a guy that disliked the Jews.

This proves you only care about upholding Christian imagery; you didn't even try to defend the other religions.

You're lumping them all together, not taking them each separate. The bible does not condone any of the above. (read it again, the old testament is basically just a historical book so you can see where it originated, the new testament is where the ideals come from)

The book of Mormon isn't really related to anything, much less something that should be lumped together with the other you mentioned.

OT: Waiting for my brother to get here.

1. The old testament of the bible is still valid, the new testament outright says so. ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Matthew 5: 17-19, Luke 16:17, 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 20-21, John 1:17 and John 7:19 for examples.

2. Not only that, Jesus reinforces the most heinous rules of the old testament: mandatory infanticide. Mark 7:9-13, Matthew 15:4-7.

3. Need I actually quote the passages of the bible concerning slavery? Because it's a HUGE part of the bible. Even in the new testament they are in full support of it. Why yes, it is praised less, only three times instead of four! Oh my, such a fucking improvement. Don't believe me? Of course not, you're retarded. Esphesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2 and Luke 12:47-48 all condone slavery. That's JUST the new testament. The old testament you want Leviticus 25:44-46, Exodus 21:2-6, Exodus 21:7-11 and Exodus 21:20-21.

4. For rape, why no, it isn't mentioned or condoned in the new testament, but the old testament STILL APPLIES. Even the old testament only condones it by blaming the victim, making her marry her rapist, and basically absolving the rapist of all fault as long as the victim is not married. Here, the bibles rules on slavery are laid out in: Deuteronomy 22:23-24, Deuteronomy 22:28-29, Deuteronomy 20:10-14, Judges 5:30 and possibly the sex slaves thing above in Exodus 21:7-11, depending on your definition of rape. As for individual instances where rape was demanded, look to Numbers 31:7-18 and Zechariah 14:1-2.

5. Want something especially sick I found while finding the passage numbers for #4? Here. 2 Samuel 12:11-14. God gives rape victims to their rapist, then MURDERS AN INNOCENT CHILD WHO HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

6. Moving on to another sick thing, we have the bible's love for murder. Deuteronomy 17:12 (murder anybody who questions), 2 Chronicles 15:12-13 (murder non-believers), Zechariah 13:3, Deuteronomy 13:1-5 and Deuteronomy 18:20-22 (murder... prophets? Really?), Exodus 22:19, Deuteronomy 13:7-12 and Deuteronomy 17:2-5 (murder heathens), Leviticus 24:10-16 (murder blasphemers), Exodus 22:17 and Leviticus 20:27 (murder witches), Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:24-32 (murder homosexuals), Leviticus 20:10 (murder adulterers), Deuteronomy 13:13-19 (murder entire towns if even ONE person is a heathen), Deuteronomy 22:20-21 (murder promiscuous women), Numbers 1:48-51 (that had better be one important tabernacle if you murder any man, woman or child who goes too close to it), 1 Samuel 6:19-20 (murdered for curiosity), 1 Kings 20:35-36 (murdered a man for not hitting a prophet when commanded), 2 Samuel 6:3-7 (murdering the good samaritan), Ezekiel 21:33-37 (murdering the ammonites), Exodus 31:12-15 (and murdering people for picking up sticks on Sunday).

This isn't even CLOSE to all of the murders in the bible. I don't have that kind of time.

7. Sickest of all, the bible loves murder even more when they're murdering CHILDREN. Exodus 21:15, Proverbs 20:20 and Leviticus 20:9 (mandatory infanticide), 2 Kings 2:23-24 (god murders FORTY TWO children for mocking a prophet), Isaiah 14:21 and Leviticus 26:21-22 (murder children if their fathers commit sins), Hosea 9:11-16 (murdering the children of Israel), Ezekiel 9:5-7 (murder everyone, even children), Exodus 12:29-30 (god murders ALL the firstborn sons of Egypt, including those of the slaves he's supposedly trying to free, over the actions of the pharoah), Jeremiah 51:20-26 (god promises a great slaughter, including all the little children of their enemies because he's FUCKING EVIL, but then fails to deliver, so much for being all-powerful), Isaiah 13:15-18 (and a demand to murder all, especially children, most of this is demanding the murder of children).

THE BIBLE SUPPORTS THE MURDER OF CHILDREN. ANYTHING THAT SUPPORTS THE MURDER OF CHILDREN IS AUTOMATICALLY EVIL. THE BIBLE IS EVIL. THERE IS NOTHING MORE EVIL IN THIS WORLD.

8. Human sacrifice! Yes, the bible is in favour of it. Here, take a few examples: Judges 11:29-40 (infanticide again, as a ritual sacrifice, WITH FIRE to appease the lord), Joshua 7:15 (once more, sacrifice the sinner WITH FIRE to appease the lord), 1 Kings 13:1-2 and 2 Kings 23:20-25 (sacrifice the priests of other religions WITH FIRE to appease the lord), Wisdom 3:5-7 (more human sacrifice to appease the lord) Wisdom 14:21-23 (sacrificing CHILDREN to appease the lord), Deuteronomy 13:13-19 (sacrifice an entire town, WITH FIRE, to appease the lord). And I bet you thought human sacrifice was only for those "dirty" pagans, didn't you? But no, this is a feature of your religion just as much as it is any other.

As for the rest of your ignorant statement: While sure, the Book of Mormon is a load of shit made by a charismatic idiot who wanted to justify his actions, but then again, SO IS THE BIBLE. AND the Qu'ran. AND the Torah. AND the Talmud. Especially the Qu'ran, actually, as it was made by Muhammad during the period where he was FUCKING A NINE YEAR OLD, and he set himself up as a prophet to defend that action. But none of this is unusual. That's the ENTIRE POINT of religion: To justify the most heinous actions of leaders, be they the writers of the religion or those who use the religion after their deaths, the bible, like any religious text, is designed so no leader cannot turn to his priests at any time and say "Hey, find something that says god is in favour of this. Lie if you have to, the peasants can't read." That is all religion is, ever was or ever will be. And THAT is why I'm an atheist.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I prefer to go after the religions themselves, not their followers, but yes, that's a factor as well.

How little you understand. And you both took it completely off topic for no other reason than to post hate about some religions. (and in one case the followers of the religions)

OT: Going to bed. (after I finish posting here)

BTG, you are about to defend an evil religion that condones slavery and rape, and demands the murder of children. Think about that before one more word comes out of your retarded mouth.

Again, going off topic to do nothing other than to post hate about a religion you obviously don't understand.

OT: Still trying to go to bed.

"You don't understand!" Is NOT a defence. It is NEVER a defence. It's a desperate cry of somebody unable to defend their beliefs. It's the cry of the religious, the racist, the sexist, the homophobes, rapists, murderers and paedophiles. It's the cry of the emo kid begging for sympathy when they have no real problems, the mother who murders her child, and those who kill their fellow men in the name of god. It has no basis, no meaning, no rationale. All it really means is that you know I'm right, but aren't willing to admit it and lack the intelligence to make something up.

And looks like Seattleite forgot to mention that plenty of far-right Christians still use the old testament (namely the book of Leviticus) when it comes strictly to things they don't like. The bible isn't the only evil, the people who use it as their personal weapon fit well under that category as well.

OT: Looking back on that post I made in the vent thread and realizing it would've been better suited for this thread.

I smell a potential shitstorm.

the name's riley

(Sorry, never intended it to come up here. It just did.)

Trying to stop shaking. I feel really wrong right now, I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with something.

Well, I haven't slept in a couple days now, so it might just be that. I think I last slept before I brought up the Elder God the first time, and that was what? Three days ago? Four? I don't know, when you don't sleep the days kinda blur together. (I fucking hate insomnia.)

Speaking of which, I'm going to try sleeping again. Anybody got any tips, preferably that I won't have already tried?

I mean, uncommon things that most people don't know. Because I'm a chronic insomniac, so I've heard a LOT of different "tips" and clearly they either don't work or at least don't work very well or at this moment as I'm still awake. So unique things. Family secrets, personal discoveries. That kind of thing. But it doesn't matter, I'll sleep eventually. Maybe not right now, maybe not for a while, maybe not today, but I'll fall asleep eventually.