Post what you're doing right now

I mean, uncommon things that most people don't know. Because I'm a chronic insomniac, so I've heard a LOT of different "tips" and clearly they either don't work or at least don't work very well or at this moment as I'm still awake. So unique things. Family secrets, personal discoveries. That kind of thing. But it doesn't matter, I'll sleep eventually. Maybe not right now, maybe not for a while, maybe not today, but I'll fall asleep eventually.

Yeah, you're most likely feeling like shit due to lack of sleep...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I just get back up and do things instead of just laying in bed unable to sleep. Sometimes I end up falling asleep in my chair though.

I forget things a lot and I like chumtoads.

Speaking of sleep methods... I lay in bed, eyes closed, and build a story universe, then when I start to feel a bit tired I just stop thinking for a few seconds to see if I fall asleep. If I do not fall asleep, I return to the point that I left off in the universe. Rinse and repeat. I also tend to do better when I have music playing softly while I'm trying to go to sleep. (the soundtrack for the movie "Moon" is perfect for this)

OT: Deciding whether to play games, or watch a movie/TV series...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Speaking of sleep methods... I lay in bed, eyes closed, and build a story universe, then when I start to feel a bit tired I just stop thinking for a few seconds to see if I fall asleep. If I do not fall asleep, I return to the point that I left off in the universe. Rinse and repeat. I also tend to do better when I have music playing softly while I'm trying to go to sleep. (the soundtrack for the movie "Moon" is perfect for this)

OT: Deciding whether to play games, or watch a movie/TV series...

I sort of do this when I have trouble sleeping. I just create a mental character, give him a situation and see how it plays out. I do this until I realize that I can't remember what I was thinking about mere seconds after I think it because that happens a couple minutes before I fall asleep.

OT: Eating icecream at 5 AM while mentally planning my day. I might just work ahead of what I have to for the week so I can relax a bit next week. I've been needlessly stressing over my senior thesis project.

Retired Forum Moderator

Messing with my little character's hair in Skyrim. (HEAVILY modded, not the point.) I've been doing this for half an hour, trying to get her hair to look pretty, reflect her character, not get in her eyes and be the right colour. I finally found one that looked pretty and fit her character, although it was a bit too long and the wrong colour, then threw ALL that out because the hair in the front irked me by not moving when she ran. (It was hanging suspended in mid-air. Like it was draping over the breasts she doesn't have yet.) I eventually ended up with something that didn't quite fit her character, but didn't block her eyesight, was the right colour, looked pretty and didn't have any weird physical anomalies. I guess I can write off it not fitting her character as "she let daddy do her hair". (Because, you know, she kinda did.) Of course, then I found out it meshed through her amour... Ugh. I'll be at this for ages.

I think there might be something wrong with me.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Eating cookies at 5 AM while mentally planning my day. I seem to be developing a trend

Retired Forum Moderator

Working on those video games I keep mentioning in the Chat thread. Got a lot to do.

Retired Forum Moderator

Baking a cake. Strawberry, with Duff brand white frosting. No occasion, just felt like eating a lie.

You're been doing that for a long time. (Apply cold water to the burned area...)

Just waking up.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Getting ready to go over to my brother's and help clean his house. (he keeps all sorts of garbage, sorta like a packrat that isn't really attached to what he keeps)

Preparing for my Programming for Mobile Apps class. I'd be a lot more keen on the idea of making games for phones if only phones weren't so special needs when it comes to programming.

Retired Forum Moderator

All mobile devices. iPhone, android, tablets, etc. It's kinda frustrating because mobile devices don't really like code that was designed to make a programmers job easier so a lot of what I would do with 1-2 lines now needs whole functions and error checks just to work at a "low cost" to the devices resources. Let's just say if I was making this for consoles or PC I'd already be programming the creep waves and tower upgrade scripts. As it stands I'm still trying to get my towers to work properly. :S

Anywho, OT: yeah I'm doing that. Programming towers for defense.

It's funny now that I think about it, I'm making 3 games this quarter and will be finishing 2 of them next. No wonder I have almost no time to relax. :S

Retired Forum Moderator