Post what you're doing right now

Waiting for my new cell phone to arrive... If it doesn't arrive today, I get to contact the seller and ask why the tracking number still doesn't work for my $280 phone that was supposed to be at my door by today.

Oh, and being tired, and taking care of my mom since she had two teeth pulled.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Welp, Sonic Boom sucks ass.

How so?

General lack of polish, a lot of the animations feel unfinished, the graphics are incredibly muddy and the whole game feels rushed out the door. Only positive I can think is that the writing and dialogue are better than usual, probably having to do with the fact that this game was written by the same people who are making the TV show. So, actual writers.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Just finished troubleshooting a problem with my Dad's computer... His monitor has failed. In the process of finding a new monitor for him.

Contemplating whether I'm a terrible person or not...

I have these two Aussie friends who have the same love of dragons as me. And they've gone ahead and started planning out a whole game to make. Now usually I'd be cheering them on. But... I'm ALSO making a dragon game. XD Aaaand... they're being ambitious as f***. NEITHER of them have any programming knowledge. They just know how to draw and play Minecraft and make maps in Minecraft. That's about it. I asked what they will do and they said they're going to start learning it next year at school. I kinda laughed at it. It's kinda stupid. Unless they pay some programmer a good sum of money, I doubt they're going to get anywhere. X3 So yah, I've been contemplating if it makes me a terrible person for thinking this. I mean, my game won't be as great as theirs. It's just a simple point and click and dungeon RPG game. That's all I know, so that's all I'll limit myself to. Meanwhile, they're talking about 3-D s*** and how big it will be and how open world it will be. X3 Hmmm...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

You know, if your gameplay turns out better than theirs, (if they actually manage to do it) you will still have a much more successful game. There's a reason that Rogue is a benchmark for many RPGs...

OT: Going to bed.

Silently lamenting all the online stories that could have been really touching, exciting, and/or well written but fell victim to smut because the authors couldn't see past their crotch.

And also reading the ones that are well written. Because I ran out of books on my shelf. Never thought that would happen.

Retired Forum Moderator

Silently lamenting all the online stories that could have been really touching, exciting, and/or well written but fell victim to smut because the authors couldn't see past their crotch.

And also reading the ones that are well written. Because I ran out of books on my shelf. Never thought that would happen.

There are some that I've read that start as 'smut' but turned into a really great story... The truly great authors end up with that happening since they have to put in a believable story in everything they write. (and smut is almost never realistically believable as a complete story)

OT: Nothing until my parents get home with groceries, then I make food, and watch more Star Trek.

Well, I WAS gonna start the polishing/finishing part of my level in cryengine. Have to wait for the patch to finish. -.-

Pros of Steam-based game engines:

-latest version on release

-subscription can be canceled any time

-cheaper monthly than most pay MMO's

Cons:

-HAVE to do the update.

So now I'm listening to music and will probably continue to do so for the next 3 hours it takes to finish this download. :S

Retired Forum Moderator

trying to stay awake after the 2 hours of sleep i got last night

fucking civ5

the name's riley

Eating breakfast while waiting for the Bathroom Thief to finally get out of there so I can shower.

Retired Forum Moderator

Trying to decide between eating breakfast, then showering, or showering, then eating breakfast.

Well im sitting on my ass doing nothing and have been doing so for 2 weeks, just waiting for the snow to fall...

Guess i shouldn´t complain, not evryone gets paid for doing nothing... But i can tell you people right now it gets old fast...

Just finished my History exam. Eeeeaaassy. Tomorrow, English and Science!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Listening to music and letting my stomach settle after eating too much.

Mentally organizing today's work before I start on finalizing my CryENGINE level. My friend gave me an idea that while it's a lot of work to make this change, it'll change how the game plays astronomically. "Dude, make it night time and add fires."

Retired Forum Moderator