Post what you're doing right now

Trying to figure out what the hell "I guess something along the lines of... Sort of steampunk fantasy, borderline sci-fi." is supposed to mean.

Trying to figure out what the hell "I guess something along the lines of... Sort of steampunk fantasy, borderline sci-fi." is supposed to mean.

Where did you read that?

OT: Still trying to decide if I want to play either Killzone: Shadow Fall or Infamous: Second Son. Got both of them today with christmas giftcards.

Retired Forum Moderator

Where did you read that?

OT: Still trying to decide if I want to play either Killzone: Shadow Fall or Infamous: Second Son. Got both of them today with christmas giftcards.

I'm working on a project that'll be for a group of friends and I asked one of them what his favorite fictional setting is. That's the answer he gave. I still don't know what it means or what to do with that information.

Where did you read that?

I'm working on a project that'll be for a group of friends and I asked one of them what his favorite fictional setting is. That's the answer he gave. I still don't know what it means or what to do with that information.

See - Dishonored. Steam punk sort of game that is borderline sci-fi.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Could also be a variation of Shadowrun...

OT: Heading to bed. Not going to sleep for a while, but it'll make my Mom happy that I'm in the location.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Streaming an old Yu-Gi-Oh game. Come and watch if you'd like:http://www.twitch.tv/k4_kydure Do let me know if there are any problems.

Edit: Stream ended because of getting stuck.

Probably Bioshock as well. That would probably qualify.

Steampunk and Sci-fi often go hand in hand. It's like a version of Retro Futurism, but even more retro. Basically, the fashions and means by which technologies are operated is very primitive, but the technology itself is very advanced. Often certain kinds of technology are more advanced than others, kind of like if you're playing Civ 5 and you go hardcore on one specific technology string. I've had playthroughs where I had refrigeration and radios, but my soldiers were still fighting with swords. There's also very often a certain level of magic involved in these kinds of settings, which is where that fantasy element your friend was talking about comes in. Looking at Dishonored, they use whale oil to power everything, but they can power forcefields and vaporizing grids with it. Likewise, Corvo receives magical powers that allow him to disappear and run around undetected.

Anyways, on topic, I'm gonna go follow up on a bunch of applications today. :D

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Playing Infamous: Second Son. Final boss on hardest difficulty. Going better than final boss on normal. O_o Just gotta wait for this cutscene to end. -.-

It also helps I grabbed a ton of blast shards before hand to fully upgrade the concrete abilities I got from the fight

Retired Forum Moderator

Mentally planning out a work schedule for actually getting some work done on a few personal projects so I can actually make my portfolio good enough to land me a job. Once I know what I should be doing I'll start putting it in writing and begin work. I know I'm at least gonna start in earnest in February since later this month is an event I need to plan for.

Retired Forum Moderator

Talking with friends on facebook. Never really got the appeal of that site much until I graduated and realized that I'd probably lose contact with a lot of really cool people if I didn't. I'm also creating a word document with a list of things I want to learn now that I have time.

Retired Forum Moderator

Preparing to go take a shower, then probably game some.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Drinking tea and reading. I have life to attend to eventually but I'll be damned if it happens before I finish this.

Retired Forum Moderator