Post what you're doing right now

Writing a little short story. :3

didnt know you wrote short stories

Having finished Ratchet & Clank 3, and thus the original trilogy, I'm now pondering why I still prefer the first game. It can't be nostalgia, as I used to think it was. I don't claim to be an expert on writing and such, but the original alwasy felt very coherent, whereas the sequels feel very contrived by comparison. I remember, 10 years ago, thinking the exact same thing, but not with those words.

Critics disagree with me, and yes, while there was certainly a lot more to do in the sequels, I felt like there was a lot less 'charm' to it.

I may be entirely misguided about this, but the world building in the first game vastly outshone that of the two sequels. In my opinion.

I always loved going commando for the title and some of the crazy guns but nothing beats ratchets standard blaster and wrench

OT: watching Linkara

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Oh geez, I write so many stories. XD

Short, long, comedy, horror, mystery, aaaanything! And I'm almost done with my novel... almost got that happy conclusion, yesss... just need to add a few twists here and there, finish it up and it'll officially be the longest thing I've ever written. My goal was 40,000 words... it's almost double that. o.O

4E56fgB.png

OT: Eating some lunch, then will probably play some games or something.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

well one of these days I think one of us should make a Short Story thread Jeb, only because I too write alot of short stories but I used to write alot of mine in high school, havent finished the ones I have been working on, I usually try and have them at least 5 pages so I know I have done well with them, they usually are like Dr Hunter S Thompsons Gonzo Journalistic style but the past few I have been doing have been omniscient with first person elements here and there and also with some humor to some degree, right now I am trying to pen something up for Ross, for well his movie and I have a few other things I got cooking up but not much else

OT: Drinking Pepsi and watching Survivor

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

Well I'm just going to warn you now, I write way too much romance. XD I mean, if somebody told me to write a horror story, I'd write one. But by default, if I'm going to write a short story, I'm gonna melt some hearts. XP

OT: Playing PayDay 2.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

About to watch The Babadook because why not.

Now that you'll have seen it when you read this, it probably didn't blow your mind. However it wasn't a bad film. But I'd say it suffered a bit from "wait, how do we finish this?" which utterly destroyed 'Knowing'.

----

Getting some food down me.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I was going to watch Castle in the Sky, but my internet is CRAZY slow right now.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

About to watch The Babadook because why not.

Now that you'll have seen it when you read this, it probably didn't blow your mind. However it wasn't a bad film. But I'd say it suffered a bit from "wait, how do we finish this?" which utterly destroyed 'Knowing'.

It did have that feeling. I will give them points for originality since I don't think I've seen a movie end itself like that before.

OT: Eating breakfast.

Retired Forum Moderator

I feel like... if you can barely keep your eyes open, and they hurt if you try, that's a good sign you should get some more sleep.

Sooo...

OT: Gonna have a nap before my eyes explode. X3

-------

I had that working at Blizzcon. Day 3, 2 hours into the 8 hour shift my eyes got that fire feeling when open. That was my least favorite day lol.

OT: watching Gassy Mexican's youtube playlist of Don't Starve Together and marveling at how the game world generator keeps handing them ideal situations yet they all screw it up worse than I do solo and I barely just started. XD

Retired Forum Moderator

XD Yeah... working whilst tired is absolute bollocks.

OT: Watching grass grow? I mean, almost! :D

7UDvXjK.jpg

My beautiful flower bloomed in just a mere 24 hours. X3 Plants are freaky cool. You'd think it'd take longer for it to do that, but nope! So pretty... I've been caring for these flowers as if they were my children. XD

-------

Awww! Such a pretty lily! She seems to like you, Jeb - all opening up for you, happy under your motherly care. :D

Oh, you can make a gif animation out of this - that would look nice, I think :-)

OT: Fiddling with a DSLR when I should be getting ready for work instead...

Regards

Well I'm just going to warn you now, I write way too much romance. XD I mean, if somebody told me to write a horror story, I'd write one. But by default, if I'm going to write a short story, I'm gonna melt some hearts. XP

OT: Playing PayDay 2.

fair warning im writing stuff that is usually sounds like fanfiction lol only because i get inspired by films

OT: meeting Major Tom because im a snake thats solid and very naked and i eat snakes too

Playing Bloodborne again and surprising myself that I' m not only holding my own in a defiled chalice dungeon but even managed to down a boss only dying once. (defiled dungeons have special enemies that are harder to fight and your health is cut in half.)

it's an exercise in patience if ever there was one.

Retired Forum Moderator

@Vappybear: A gif? Hmmm... I would... I might... but if I'm going to make a gif, I'm going to try and make it as still as possible. No weird jumps where the flower is one corner, then in the next frame, it's in another corner. I have another one of those flowers about to bloom, so I'll see if I can try and get some good rhythm going. :3 Then I'll make a gif from that.

@Rarity: How do you even have fun with that? XD If I'm playing a game, I want to make it piss easy for me so I can relax and enjoy it. :P

OT: Currently taking a break from drawing before my hand falls off. :D

-------

@Rarity: How do you even have fun with that? XD If I'm playing a game, I want to make it piss easy for me so I can relax and enjoy it. :P

My brother's 5 years older than me and I grew up under the mindset that I had to match or be better than him at everything so as a result I'm highly competitive in a chaotic sense(I hate the slow, structured approach competitive modes in games take. If I'm gonna beat someone at something, I'm gonna do it my way) and constantly looking for anything that'll let me get better.

it's more than just games, I'm like this in a bunch of things. I'm never satisfied with where I'm at in anything. In a sense I can't enjoy myself unless I'm putting myself to the test.

That and when you finally beat that one boss that's been kicking your ass for 3 hours you feel invincible.

OT: trying to get Just Cause 3's graphical problems to go away. yet again I apparently need to update my drivers to the now released but formerly beta drivers. This is getting old, frankly.

Edit: So the BETA drivers from November 14(15.11) have no graphical problems but the official release from 2 days ago(15.12) have horrible graphics bugs. AMD... what the fuck?

Retired Forum Moderator

just dealing with the fallout from a movie i saw tonight about a galaxy far far far away

Logged onto a forum i haven't been on in a very long time, seeing whats new.

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.