Post what you're doing right now

Installing pirated GTA V.

because with you, "pirated" is a very important detail

seriously, buy something for once, devs and publishers appreciate that sort of thing.

the name's riley

As a designer myself constantly having to hear about games being pirated is frustrating. Especially since most of the reasons aren't even good ones.

OT: Playing Dark Souls 3.

Retired Forum Moderator

As a designer myself constantly having to hear about games being pirated is frustrating. Especially since most of the reasons aren't even good ones.

OT: Playing Dark Souls 3.

I'm a designer too. If I found my game pirated I dunno if I would feel honored or just disgusted that someone honestly didn't find my product worth buying...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I mean, you're basically doing this when you pirate games:

-Yg557I4crQ

OT: Surfing the web before heading to work.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I've never pirated a game. i feel like it's sort of a pure art form. i mean i'll steal music or whatever, but i just don't feel right about pirating games. especially since the developer gets like maybe 15% of the sale. then there's gamestop which basically bypasses the developer with used game sales. it's sort of a kicked around art form i think.

OT: ordering food and thinking about gaming.

Thinking about taking a nap. Though knowing me, that nap will be 12+ hours long.

Retired Forum Moderator

Sitting on the bus back to Devonport. Thank the Lord!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Reading before going to bed. Never did get that nap, just an ill timed internet crash. <_

Retired Forum Moderator

I've never pirated a game. i feel like it's sort of a pure art form. i mean i'll steal music or whatever, but i just don't feel right about pirating games. especially since the developer gets like maybe 15% of the sale. then there's gamestop which basically bypasses the developer with used game sales. it's sort of a kicked around art form i think.

OT: ordering food and thinking about gaming.

I used to pirate games a lot back when I had no income to speak of. Nowadays I don't think there's much of an excuse to unless your income is absolutely non-existent.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Trying to think of something I'll claim to be doing so I can post it on here.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

seriously, buy something for once, devs and publishers appreciate that sort of thing.

I buy things when I have money for them. If you look at my Steam games list, there are over 350 paid for games there... That doesn't include the hundreds I have that don't run through Steam.

Mind saying which reasons you're talking about, specifically?

I'm a designer too. If I found my game pirated I dunno if I would feel honored or just disgusted that someone honestly didn't find my product worth buying...

If it was pirated by me, feel honored... I only pirate things I'm considering buying. (if it's not total crap, I put it on my list of 'to be purchased' items, and I do eventually buy them)

I mean, you're basically doing this when you pirate games:

And what is that video supposed to be depicting? If you're trying to imply that pirates repost something, claiming it is their original idea, you're very sadly mistaken.

I've never pirated a game. i feel like it's sort of a pure art form.

Name any other art form apart from AAA film that you have to pay $60 to see if it's as good as its trailer.

I used to pirate games a lot back when I had no income to speak of. Nowadays I don't think there's much of an excuse to unless your income is absolutely non-existent.

My total income for the past year: $20. (try buying any new, or under 3 year old, AAA title for that)

OT: Looking into the reason why the propaganda against pirating is working better in the last couple years...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Not a debate thread, take it to the proper section please.

OT: trying to watch youtube videos but finding it very hard to listen to over my coughing fits. Fucking asthma ignoring the meds.

Retired Forum Moderator

Not a debate thread, take it to the proper section please.

Then why did you go to the trouble to post what you did? You were one of the ones that helped start this.

OT: Also looking into hypocrisy. (I'm not being condescending, I am actually looking up some of the world's biggest hypocrites, just because)

It's a simple reactionary post to something said earlier. What you're trying to do with the one above is cite an argument (argument being the true definition as a clash of differentiating view points, not the fighting kind everyone considers it now) which is better left to the debate section since the scale is getting too large.

And if you want some delicious hypocrisy look up the flat earth society and how they conduct themselves. Especially the parts about requiring evidence, questioning what we see, and being brainwashed.

OT: drinking hot tea. It's really helping with the coughing.

Retired Forum Moderator

Already perused the FES, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

Also, I was doing the same thing, reacting to what was posted before. That's how it works... You can't have just one reaction, and not another.

OT: Trying to find one of my Queen CDs...

trying this new thing to get 7 hours of sleep. turning the lights off, ignoring the color blue, stopped drinking caffeine 2 hours ago, and trying to feel bored and not start another youtube marathon. I can tell it's not going to work though. i really feel like i'm doomed to less than optimal sleep for the rest of my life. sure glad i work with missiles for a living...

Why ignore the colour blue? Wouldn't the colour blue make you feel down and sleepy? o.O

OT: Having a really pointless conversation with someone... Why did I start this, pass me a gun, please. XD What have I done...

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Not sure about the color but I do know blue light does things to the mind. http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/blue-light-has-a-dark-side

"Blue wavelengths—which are beneficial during daylight hours because they boost attention, reaction times, and mood—seem to be the most disruptive at night."

OT: Reading that article now. Brain, why u weird.

Retired Forum Moderator

OT: Reading that article now. Brain, why u weird.

Brains can be creepy too. Some brains want to know what other brains taste like...

OT: Trying to do shit on my computer, but the internet keeps on acting up.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA