Post what you're doing right now

Making and uploading this video, just so I can have it somewhere besides a 10-15 year old CD and my PC.

DI469NWc4Go

If anyone can find this band, or any info on them, (not one of the numerous others that have a similar name) please contact me.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Fell out of a cable car in Kharkiv. Broke my thumb.

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Playing Town of Salem

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

A homework assignment.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Working on a random Java project. Eclipse is chucking a royal shit right now.

EDIT: 20 minutes of squabbling around trying to figure out why my boundaries weren't being set. All because I missed typing the line; "setLayour(null);"

*Bangs head against desk*

I hate my life. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Working on a random Java project. Eclipse is chucking a royal shit right now.

EDIT: 20 minutes of squabbling around trying to figure out why my boundaries weren't being set. All because I missed typing the line; "setLayour(null);"

*Bangs head against desk*

I hate my life. XD

What's that, you want me to run setLayour(null);? Okay, here's a fat stack of null reference errors coming your way and I'm not going to tell anything about them.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I get similar moments like that in unity as well. I'll get a null reference error and spend half an hour checking the code. Everything will check out, it'll even function properly but the error is still there.

Then a couple hours later I'll find I accidentally duplicated it and never set the parameters for the duplicate and that was where the error was coming from. <_<

OT: Watching youtube videos. Bunch of my subscriptions just released a truck load of videos seemingly out of nowhere.

Retired Forum Moderator

Building a unique tabletop RPG based off a universe I came up with a few years back. One of the more common enemies is a "Himeorct". (High-me-orc-t: looks kinda like an Orc from D&D, but functions like an animal similar to a gorilla) A much rarer animal is the Forge Serpent. (a 'magically' created snake species whose only differences from a normal garden snake is that its body temp is 900°f, it likes living among coals in a stone depression, and it eats soot)

I already have the general mechanics designed for it. (there are two versions of the mechanics, one is complex for greater precision, the other is simpler for easier adaption from D&D players to the new universe)

I'll be posting a full description of the game later, and asking for help naming things or making short stories for inclusion in the 'flavor panels'.

Still writing down my game design...

The mechanics involved are a bit more realistic than the standard D&D fare, and the HP pool base value is going to be 100. Weapons do a static damage value, and damage is locational. Different wound depths determine various different negative effects and HP decreases, and almost all wounds that aren't "superficial" or "light" require bandaging to prevent bleeding out. (bleed out doesn't have any negative effects for 10 turns, then you lose 50% of all stats, 2 turns later you faint, 8 turns later you die)

All weapons are custom and random based on categories, so you can have any weapon you want within certain stats ranges, and it might even be significantly better than you're trying for. Weapons that use a sharp edge do require sharpening periodically, and all metal weapons require cleaning/polishing to prevent oxidation. (occurs automatically if you have the supplies with you, or if you're in a town with facilities)

I plan on making a character creator/manager program for the PC and possibly Android before releasing the game, but I need to get the basics written down first.

Felt like doubleposting because reasons...

I just finished rebuilding the left-click Omron switch in my G700 because I was getting pissed at the double clicking, and inability to drag anything. (frustration-turned-rage is the primary motivation behind all my mechanical repairs of electronics) After breaking (but not destroying) 2 of the components of the 4 component switch, it's clicking like it did when it was brand new. Now to go through some old mice, and find some replacement components for the switch for when it needs to be repaired next.

Edit button... Your posts are only several hours apart.

OT: Watching video's while enjoying my morning tea. Don't really want to be awake by now but waking up at 1 AM again is not appealing so I'm sticking out the day awake.

Retired Forum Moderator

trying to relax and destress

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."