Video Game That Would Make Great Movies

Sign in to follow this  

I think a Uncharted movie would be cool... wait what's that? There is one! And it's starring Nathan Fillion?!... WHAT?! IT WAS GOING TO HAVE NATHAN FILIION BUT NOW THEY'RE STARRING MARC KILGOUR!!!! AND IT'S ABOUT AND ANTIQUE MAFIA???!!! WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyway, have you seen this?

:Beyond Black Mesa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrH5tfWorg

It's a fan-made mini-film about Shepard's actions during the Combine Invasion. I thought it was pretty cool.

I wasn't too impressed with BBM. It was really over hyped for a 15 minute movie, and they ruined the half life zombies in it...

they ruined the half life zombies in it...

Yeah, they really did... Still, quite good for a $1200 budget.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Brink Anyone?

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Starcraft might just have some good movie material. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVsTrLW_04U

Man I used to love those StarCraft 1 Cutscenes..

"Ice Cold Fusion" Hehe

I would think Condemned Criminal Origins would be interesting if it was a movie.

But most theatrical transformations didn't work to well. Hitman, Max Payne, FarCry, Doom, Alone in the Dark.. just to name a few.

Red Faction would be interesting if it was made into a movie; it does have a great story.

I think there is just a fine line between surreal and real. Once you put in real people into the game (imagine your favorite actor or actress in the game), it doesn't have that gamey feeling to it anymore.. (YOU know, like Duck or Vension)?

they ruined the half life zombies in it...

Yeah, they really did... Still, quite good for a $1200 budget.

I'll admit the missing headcrabs kinda upset me. But hey, for a film with minimal budget you gotta give them credit for it

Call me crazy, but I think that Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee would make a great movie. If you put aside the cartoony humor, it has a very serious plot.

I still wanna see a Duke Nukem movie. It would make all my fantasies come true.

GAH! That's the one I forgot to add. I knew I was missing one. xD

Shadow of the Colossus. I realize they're considering and perhaps already making this, but it's unfortunately probably going to be a pile of hollywood crap.

My idea of the perfect SotC movie.

1. Computer animated. Not anime, or anything like that, but hyper-real Blur Studio quality animation befitting cutscenes from a next-next-next generation game. I think live action would look awkward in such a fantastical setting, and computer animation would allow the director free range to make the best looking movie possible.

2. Sticks to the mood of the original. The plot would remain as mysterious as it was in the game, with only enough added to fill a movie storyline. I imagine a lengthy prequel act showing the sacrifice of Mono, Wander stealing the sword, ect.

3. Use the fictional language. The fictional language designed for the games is one of the things that gives the game it's special flavor.

4. Not much dialogue, story told visually and musically. SotC was a visually beautiful game, so a storytelling style reminiscent of 2001: A Space Odyssey might be warranted.

5. Music by Koh Otani. Otani's music from the game was one of the more amazing parts of the experience, and that would have to be carried over.

6. No changing the ending. The ending of SotC was amazing, and while it might not be very concusive or hollywood, it should remain the way it was, perhaps with a nod to the future events of Ico.

7. No colossus montage. I know there are 16 of them, but perhaps just skip most, only including 3, 5, 9, 16, and the other more epic ones.

1. Computer animated. Not anime, or anything like that, but hyper-real Blur Studio quality animation befitting cutscenes from a next-next-next generation game. I think live action would look awkward in such a fantastical setting, and computer animation would allow the director free range to make the best looking movie possible.

You mean like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

eedobaba, I read an interview somewhere, and it said something about the movie being sort of like the first half of Wall-E, that is, no or almost no dialog at all. And by the description of what the most important details where, it seemed they were actually on the right track. So not all hope is lost. I'll try to find that interview

You mean like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within?

Looked that up. Not really. Kind of like the Assassin's Creed 2 E3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkCPNECud8

The main weakness in realistic human animation is human characters, but of course, SotC is based very little around humans, and more around the amazing environments and colossi.

Here is my take on Game based Movies. I do not like them they never follow the storyline of the game its based off of. Take a look at the Max Payne movie, from start to end it was derailed if anyone remembers the movie was a box office flop. I just think they should leave games be games. Do not try to make movies out of them.

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Here is my take on Game based Movies. I do not like them they never follow the storyline of the game its based off of. Take a look at the Max Payne movie, from start to end it was derailed if anyone remembers the movie was a box office flop. I just think they should leave games be games. Do not try to make movies out of them.

Well I don't think Movies based on Games should follow said Game's plot. The Game already does it and usually does it better too. Movies based on Games should take the universe and style of a game and introduce a new story. I think MboG(I'm gonna shorten it down ;) ) usually haven't done very good because they are seen as a way to make a quick buck based on an established gaming franchise(same with Games based on Movies).

On a side note: I am in fact still waiting on News on that Bioshock movie that should be made a couple of years ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd like to see a Star Wars: The Force Unleashed movie. Just because the room for character development is perfect for film.

Definitely agree that a movie based on a game shouldn't be a direct translation of the said game, rather it should be based on the universe it's set in whilst keeping the atmosphere of the original. For that reason, I think the best candidates would be open world RPGs with well established lores, namely:

Mass Effect

Elder Scrolls

Fallout

But none of them should be based directly on the plot of the individual games. Mass Effect could be based on the First Contact war and the discovery of the Mass Relays. Not too sure about Elder Scrolls (I'm not familiar enough with the lore). Fallout, I think, should be either set just before the Great War or when the first Vaults opens (NOT vault 13!)

And for the love of God, get the original writers involved! They don't have to come up with the scripts personally, but they should at least act as close advisers.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!