Video Game That Would Make Great Movies

Sign in to follow this  

If they announced an Unreal movie I'd probably ruin a good pair of underpants.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Syberia can be a good base for a movie...

Also, the original DOOM (the fist episode) can be made into a hell of a movie (pun?).

Some notes on already released movies based on other games mentioned:

L4D - Zombieland, quite a good fun.

HL2 - Children Of Men, obviously inspired by the game, a must see.

Dark Space - animated films, Downfall and Aftermath, did not watch them myself yet.

Silent Hill - Silent Hill, quite OK IMHO.

Regards

HL2 - Children Of Men, obviously inspired by the game, a must see.

...what? Children of Men is based on a novel by the same name released in 1992, that's six years before HL 1 came out. Why would you say it's based on HL2 anyway? Because it's about infertility? That wasn't exactly the defining feature HL2 to begin with, really.

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

that's six years before HL 1 came out.

But the film came out in 2006.

Just watch it - arrival at Bexhill assylum, Syd-the-cop (as a corrupt Barney), the uprising fighting sequence, the rebels clothes. It's full of references to the game. In the absence of an official licensed HL2 action movie this comes as close as it can get.

Just look at this sequence alone:

CiyA70jAL14

Regards

Precisely, the parts you pointed out are all cliches, they're commonly found in pretty much any film that involves insurgency against a tyrannical authority. If anything, I never thought that was particularly original in HL2, but what made HL2 memorable is how well it was presented.

Put it this way: the 2004 Battlestar Galactica features the plot of humanity's fight for survival against machines, the TV series also had cylons that can disguise as humans. Would you say that's inspired by Terminator?

COURIER'S MIND: RISE OF NEW VEGAS

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2181

http://www.youtube.com/user/101Phase?feature=mhee

SEASON 5 WILL AIR IN SUMMER 2013!

It may be a total coincidence but such coincidence would be more surprising and unlikely than if Alfonso Cuaron was simply influenced by Half-Life 2 - only he can say which was it.

Either way, CoM still remains the movie closest to HL2, visually and plot-wise, at least to me.

Regards

I think if it was done the right way a skyrim movie (or any other elder scrolls game) could be great. Other RPG games could also work, but not all of them have very strong stories that would work well in a movie.

I have seen it already, I think Dovahkiin needed to be more buff and the environment should have looked more like it did in the game. Like I said, if enough time is spent ( I don't think they had a lot of time to make that commercial) then it has a potential to be great.

Red dead revolver + redemption, Command and Conquer, Gun (ps2 and xbox), maybe some of the Goldeneye's(the first, rogue agent, etc.).Mafia could be a good one, wolfenstein, doom. I would say assassains creed, but it's too good to be made into a movie, it'd dissappoint alot of fans. Which brings me to another point. Most games being made into movies are like books. There made in the hopes of getting more sales. Also, the difference in games is that it's visual, which allows players to connect and visualize it. Then when they goto the movie, it'd be like watching it again which, is really boring. Max payne is an excellant example. The game was fantastic, the movie, not so much. They had max willingly inject himself with valkyr. See?

Can anyone confirm that there making a Halo movie?

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

Can anyone confirm that there making a Halo movie?

The script is written, but disagreements over distribution rights have repeatedly sent this project in and out of pre-production. Some of those involved have said the project is "dead", but Peter Jackson, the executive producer, continues to claim that this film will get made. In other words it's on hold.

There are currently rumors of Steven Spielberg being in negotiations to take the reins of the Halo movie, but there are few details.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I think any good game has the potential to be turned into a good movie. That doesn't mean anyone will step up and do the game the justice it deserves on the big screen, though, as quite a few films have sorely demonstrated. There's always potential, whether in remakes, movies based on books, TV shows, video games, et cetera, but most, if not all of it, will likely be squandered when transferred to the cinema.

I actually would like to see a TV show based in one of the Fallout universes (or periods of time, however you wish to spin the thought), maybe a mini series with hour-long episodes. I could kind of imagine it being like a mix between Heroes and The Road or The Book of Eli.

Bioshock was the first game I've ever played that made me think "this should just be a movie." Even though it was already mentioned, I still think that's a great idea. I also agree that Duke Nukem, Half-Life, and Amnesia would all make awesome movies. However, as much as I love Halo, I don't think that the movie could possibly live up to my expectations. I do think some good ones would be Resident Evil (yes I know they already have those, but I'm talking about ones that actually follow the games, rather than coming up with their own plot), and one based off of Modern Warfare. However, I'm not sure how exactly it would work, because I doubt anyone who's not a fan of the games would go see a movie based on it; and anyone who's a fan of it already would know the story.

"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, EVERYONE DIES!" - Gordon Freeman