Freeman's Mind 2

True, but he should change a bit after the supernatural experience in the Zen :S

No he shouldn't. He shouldn't change at all. Not even mature. That's not the Freeman we know! I know what you're getting at, but if he were to change, it wouldn't be Freeman's Mind! Like I said before, Freeman would probably have joined CP if they weren't trying to kill him. In Half Life 2, joining the rebels is like just trying to survive for him, which is gonna cause him to complain and scream more about how he didn't do anything wrong. One thing I'm wondering is how he's going to treat Alyx. Be kinda've funny if she likes him, but he just acts like a douche to her. Then again, Alyx isn't bad looking, and Freeman obviously likes women...hmm...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm not saying I want him to act differently, I'm just saying that it would be the most natural thing to happen. It would be understandable for him to not be surprised by most things this time around.

Why are we blathering about FM2 while the main priority should be getting FM1 done first?

Why are we blathering about FM2 while the main priority should be getting FM1 done first?

Because we're not the ones making it?

I would honestly wonder what Ross would do for that beginning part of HL2, where the CP knocks off a can off the trashcan, and tells Freeman to pick it up... I have a felling he wouldn't do it, but what would he do/scream when the CP comes chasing after him with the stunstick?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I would honestly wonder what Ross would do for that beginning part of HL2, where the CP knocks off a can off the trashcan, and tells Freeman to pick it up... I have a feeling he wouldn't do it, but what would he do/scream when the CP comes chasing after him with the stunstick?

Well, if there's a "punch" swep with citizen arms, he could get angry and try to beat down the cop. He then gets stunned, yelling something along the lines of "Yo, don't taze me, Bro" (or not), then cuss at him for a bit and go on his merry way, stealing a food pack from the dispenser as he goes.

Or...Oh! How about this- Gordon snags the CP's stunstick and beats down the cop successfully. Then, before going on a rampage and fighting his way through the level, he mentions to the comatose cop, "who is ninja now, eh?" (an allusion to 'Friday" of CP, of course)

I figure he will throw the can at the cop, possibly accidently, run away as he chases him, and then later assume that he's being shot at and stuff (in the roof part) because he threw the can at him.

That's what I see, anyway...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Well... i think there are too many ways to deal with the story and events on the game itself, because of it i have no idea what to expect from FM2, though some ideas you guys mentioned were good and felt like FM material.

Besides FM1 is still far from finished, perhaps we may have a better idea about what to expect by the end of it.

Or...Oh! How about this- Gordon snags the CP's stunstick and beats down the cop successfully. Then, before going on a rampage and fighting his way through the level, he mentions to the comatose cop, "who is ninja now, eh?" (an allusion to 'Friday" of CP, of course)

That would be really funny, i'd like to see a FM-CP crossover, I don't mean to have Mike and Dave fight freeman but more like Freeman fooling them while on guard duty, but perhaps it would be deviating too much from the original storyline...

I would honestly wonder what Ross would do for that beginning part of HL2, where the CP knocks off a can off the trashcan, and tells Freeman to pick it up... I have a felling he wouldn't do it, but what would he do/scream when the CP comes chasing after him with the stunstick?

I did. ^_^

Well... i think there are too many ways to deal with the story and events on the game itself, because of it i have no idea what to expect from FM2, though some ideas you guys mentioned were good and felt like FM material.

Besides FM1 is still far from finished, perhaps we may have a better idea about what to expect by the end of it.

That would be really funny, i'd like to see a FM-CP crossover, I don't mean to have Mike and Dave fight freeman but more like Freeman fooling them while on guard duty, but perhaps it would be deviating too much from the original storyline...

Freeman's Mind is far from being finished, but it doesn't hurt to speculate the future does it?

Freeman's Mind is far from being finished, but it doesn't hurt to speculate the future does it?

Well it wont hurt..but it could get itchy

Don't get me wrong i like this thread, some of the ideas here are great, but at least i will wait until FM1 is close to be finished to start speculating about FM2 (or at least until i can't resist speculating anymore )

Don't get me wrong i like this thread, some of the ideas here are great, but at least i will wait until FM1 is close to be finished to start speculating about FM2 (or at least until i can't resist speculating anymore )

Imagine someone hypnotizing you... You hypnotized yet? Ok, keep imagining until you are hypnotized.

Now that you're hypnotized, you will no longer be able to resist the urge to speculate about a Freeman's Mind 2. You will also send me $10000... A check that won't bounce, or a pile of prepaid credit cards will do just fine.

1... 2... 3... *SNAP*

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I certainly think Ross should do Half-Life 2 if he feels like it. Maybe even Episodes 1 and 2 if he really wants to...and we all know we want him to.

He said he'd continue the series if people want it, and...clearly people want it.

I certainly think Ross should do Half-Life 2 if he feels like it. Maybe even Episodes 1 and 2 if he really wants to...and we all know we want him to.

He said he'd continue the series if people want it, and...clearly people want it.

That's good I'd be very happier if Ross finish making Freeman's Mind in HL1 - that's all I need right now. I love Freenam's Mind

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I know this has been asked a lot, but I wanted to know what fans have to say about the possibility of an FM sequel series. (or Season 2 in light of Machinima)

After playing through HL2 for the umpteenth time, I could see a lot of potential for a Freemans mind in HL2. But if you look at all the more recent posts Ross has made, I wouldn't want him to do so.

Well, if you listen to one of his interviews (the podcast one I think) Ross says that when he came up for the idea for Freeman's Mind, he was originally going to start in Half-Life 2 because there was a lot more he could interact with. But didn't because he felt starting in the sequel would be weird.

I wouldn't want him to do another FM series because he wants to do machinima's with other games/sources. He says so in most of his announcements. But if he does, that'd be sweet.