Will the real Ross Scott please stand up?

Hey everyone, I have some news to bring up. There's a user on Youtube that's been hosting copies of the Freeman's Mind videos without permission with the user name "FreemanMind." Just so everyone knows, this is not me. While I can live with a doppleganger of myself floating around, what I have a problem with is apparently he's been sending out this email to his subscribers:

"

If you want to see more episodes please donate some money to develop the channel

WEBMONEY: wmid: 997662107645 OR Z404399251838

PAYPAL: email: [email protected]

"

THIS IS A SCAM

I can only hope no one has been tricked by this, but with about 7500 subscribers to his channel, I'm sure someone has. I have never asked for money from viewers, I'm happy people even watch the videos. I have set up the donation page because I had so many requests for it, but even on that I clearly state there is no obligation to donate, that money is going towards helping the movie project along. If my situation ever got so dire that I wasn't able to keep up with food and rent, the most I would ask from anyone would be for room and board from somebody. I'm sure at least one of you has a farm. I can chop wood and dig ditches and stuff.

Anyway, I'm going to try to shut this guy down since this is just scamming people in my name, I just wanted make an announcement in the meantime.

Also in other news, the mystery video I think will be going up on Monday and I'll begin working on the next FM episode tomorrow.

EDIT:

Machinima.com has since taken down this guy on Youtube.

I have my legal bulldogs on it.

That gave me a mental image of bulldogs in suits mauling some guy. Which is what should totally happen to this scammer guy.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

That bastard. You take him down Ross! That guy has no right to scam people like that especially, if you're getting the blame for it, I wouldn't be surprised if some people realized it wasn't you just from getting such an email, since we all know you've never pressured us for money. Anyway, glad the Mystery video is coming out soon and I'm glad you caught up on you're sleep.

Now I want to own a farm just so I could chop wood with you.

Anyhow, kill the scammer, purge the unclean.

And please, don't overwork yourself. Your loyal fans are patient.

When fortune is blind, be a guide-dog.

Do the same things to this guy you'd do to a Drunken Whaler.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

This guy is officially on the list

(Serious bit here: If he was just posting your videos and not being grade-A fucktard scamzor, would you be upset?

THIS IS A SCAM

This sucks. I would never patronize someone if I don't know that I'm getting directly from the source.

Also in other news, the mystery video I think will be going up on Monday and I'll begin working on the next FM episode tomorrow.

My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574400-320-319.png

This guy is officially on the list

(Serious bit here: If he was just posting your videos and not being grade-A fucktard scamzor, would you be upset?

Considering the large amount of people who re-post FM episodes, as well as fake ones, I don't think he cares about that. But scamming people out of money ie a serious issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I have my legal bulldogs on it.

release_the_hounds.gif

Oh yes.

Sadly, such scum exist. Lets hope that anyone who has donated (there's bound to be some) who discover this can claw their money back.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Hey everyone, I have some news to bring up. There's a user on Youtube that's been hosting copies of the Freeman's Mind videos without permission with the user name "FreemanMind." Just so everyone knows, this is not me.

A simple solution would be to add a warning after the intro title of your videos. It should be concise, for example: "watch only on channel x, donate only on website y, report scammers", you get the idea. I assume a lot of the dopplegangers won't take the time to edit out the warning and thus they will lose some audience.

I'm curious about what you were able to accomplish with SFM. I've been hoping to contradict you on some of the things you said about it but I'm still not done with the SDK and won't be able to express a competent opinion until next year.

Little Freemans - Episodes 1-5

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD714E092FC2A2A1

Malf Hockery - Episodes 1-5

Hey everyone, I have some news to bring up. There's a user on Youtube that's been hosting copies of the Freeman's Mind videos without permission with the user name "FreemanMind." Just so everyone knows, this is not me.

A simple solution would be to add a warning after the intro title of your videos. It should be concise, for example: "watch only on channel x, donate only on website y, report scammers", you get the idea. I assume a lot of the dopplegangers won't take the time to edit out the warning and thus they will lose some audience.

What if they REPLACE the warning with an identical one listing their channel and their website? :0

What if they REPLACE the warning with an identical one listing their channel and their website? :0

Good point. I think the best way is not to suggest anything to potential scammers. Machinima and lawers take care of such bastards. Internet users do what they can on his account as well. :twisted:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Good point. I think the best way is not to suggest anything to potential scammers. Machinima and lawers take care of such bastards. Internet users do what they can on his account as well. :twisted:

Oh boy... a million angry Ross Scott fans coming to his account... this is gonna be fun!

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com