NEW VIDEO: STRANGER IN NEED

Sign in to follow this  

Good movie. I've seen similar, but this is definitely the best of the ones I've seen like this.

Also, I loled at Grigori just showing up in the back seat... Almost expected by me. (I always check the back seat in my real car every time I get in, just in case there's a ninja there)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Though I don't usually like "special videos" because they always mean one thing, and one thing only; delayed FM, this was gooood. :-) Too much random for me, but a good atmosphere. After all these years, I'm gettin used to not having FM every two weeks, so maybe I'll be more able to enjoy other stuff from Ross. I might add that Ross is creating someting special and original, and now it's getting its own shape already.

Good movie. I've seen similar, but this is definitely the best of the ones I've seen like this.

Also, I loled at Grigori just showing up in the back seat... Almost expected by me. (I always check the back seat in my real car every time I get in, just in case there's a ninja there)

Now you'll have to check for a random Grigori appearance, too. :)

He is getting ready to spit out a whole new set of FM. He is working on the next one right now.

Well, I've heard this sentence multiply times. :-)) (I don't mean nothing bad by this)

GordonFreeman:

Something REALLY screwed up when I tried to reply on the forum and I accidentally deleted your post. Sorry about that. I even had a reply to you, you were asking about the Skyrim COPS video asking why they were able to submit that. My answer: I guess Machinima lied to me?

Ross, what do you think about closed captions on YouTube?

I want to get as many up as possible, but I have to go through Machinima to do it. In the past the mistakes made in the typos kind of discouraged me since they weren't 100% accurate, although they were very close. I'm thinking my perfectionist attitude about it is holding things up, so I may just see about getting a bunch up soon out of the existing ones and call them the official ones. It's just another entry on my giant "to do" list.

Have you used unreal engine enough to get an understanding of how much easier/quicker making videos will be? Will it essentially be the same "look" as your source videos, or is there a noticeable difference in graphics?

Yes, I have used it. As for it being faster and quicker, for most things it's not that it's necessarily a lot faster or quicker under ideal circumstances, but the difference is more like between a really reliable car v. one that breaks down every 3rd time you use the brakes. As for the look, it will be different because it's a different engine, however I promise not to use the tinting, desaturating, and overblooming crap that plagues so many Unreal 3 engine games. I'm also going to make sure I have high quality antialiasing on UDK videos.

But how did that guy get in to his car at the end?

I thought about that while working on the video, and hey, the driver does exit his vehicle multiple times. Grigori could be proactive with his hitchhiking.

There's a tool called subedit which can show you the waveform from the video and you can line up subtitles with the audio. I use it. In order to generate a waveform, VLC media player is an installation that is required.

-Tons of formats supported such as *.srt

Still a shame that so much efforts are spent in terms of animation. Well I guess that makes you spend time by yourself though, which in return may be facilitating of creativeness-oriented mind processes.

EDIT: Even if that didn't cut it for the win, I felt it was better than the content that did, actually, win.

I definitely enjoyed this video. You should do more like this when you can, Ross! :)

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

God those ninjas. They get you every time!

"I am Captain Gordon Freeman of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes ordering you to open!"