Videos on hold

I was hoping my next post on here would be a new episode, but unfortunately that's not happening. Last week I found out by accident that Machinima.com is planning to change the terms of their contract with me. This may jeopardize every video I've released so far and all future ones. Or it may not. I've been finding it difficult to get an answer either way and the only thing I know right now is that I won't have an answer before the start of 2013 at the earliest. I can't give any more specifics than this because of contract reasons, but this situation has been frustrating the hell out of me, because until I have this resolved, I can't release any more videos and I'm sure people are waiting on more.

Just so you know, episode 45 of Freeman's Mind is DONE. I'll probably be done with episode 46 before I hear anything from Machinima.com again. I promise I'll do everything I can to get these out as soon as I can without having legal action taken against me or losing all rights to the videos. I'm sorry about the delay with this, it caught me completely by surprise.

Is that a near implication that they might be trying to do to you what Facebook is doing to it's users?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh, great timing, Machinima.

Yeah, isn't it? :cry:

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Have you considered trying to go it alone as a Youtube partner? Or is this not legally possible due to the fact you're using content from Valve's games in your videos? Or would this not be financially sustainable regardless? I actually have a feeling you may have mentioned this in a prior blog post or forum post ages back so I may have to try and look that up.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Mind telling us what it is as long as it doesn't breach the contract?
I can't give any more specifics than this because of contract reasons

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Rage against the Machinima.

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I can't imagine it would be anything serious, but if it is, it would be an absolutely poor judgment call on their part. I have heard so many people say that Freeman's Mind is one of the few good series that Machinima has to offer.

The guy who does the Arby n the Chief series had this exact same issue. His videos get about a fourth as much traffic as Freeman's Mind does and they didn't drop him, so I think you'll be safe Ross. From what I've heard they're just trying to smack people into releasing things on a regular schedule even if it kills them.

If you lost your rights to these movies and everything went down the sh*tter, metaphorically speaking, I think me and a whole army of your fans would back you up as well as we could.

But I hope for the best and I hope we will see more of Freeman's Mind in the future.

And Merry Christmas, Ross. I hope you'll be able to relax and enjoy yourself until January.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

"Nice videos you have there, Mr. Scott. It would be a shame if something were to happen to them."

If you lost your rights to these movies and everything went down the sh*tter, metaphorically speaking, I think me and a whole army of your fans would back you up as well as we could.

I'm sure we've still got those pitchforks lying around somewhere...

Let's just hope Machinima doesn't do anything stupid. I hate to ask, but will you be finishing the downloadable versions of FM 43 and 44 soon or are those lower priority now? I can only feel happy if my FM collection is complete, you see...

Anyway, I hope you'll have an enjoyable holiday and here's hoping that there's still much to come in 2013.

Wow, they can actually take away your rights to the videos? As in, Civil Protection, Freeman's Mind, all of it, it's no longer legally yours and you can't produce them anymore?

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I seriously doubt that a judge would uphold a suit to stop Ross from producing a series that's most basically playing a game and putting his voice over it, but I don't know if Ross would be able to take it that far.

Wow, I've heard some bad things from other Machinima directors about them in the past, but if they were ever to drop you or your show, they would have some serious backfire. I can't even imagine what this is going to do to you financially, I just hope everything works out for you in the end. And if not, I can at least hope that things get sorted out in the end...