Videos on hold

I'm sure we've still got those pitchforks lying around somewhere...

Got mine right here. Is it time lay siege on Machinima again? Just give the word.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

The episode is finished? And we can't see it because of Machinima? Kill them! Kill them with fire! And bullets! Kill them with fire bullets!

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

The episode is finished? And we can't see it because of Machinima? Kill them! Kill them with fire! And bullets! Kill them with fire bullets!

We've got a long way to go before incendiary ammo. We can have arrows on fire, however...

Another great producer Machinima ran into the ground due to their unfair contract terms... So many stories are coming out from the "evil Machinima overlord", and it's sad, because Machinima used to be good a few years back. I know this is out of question, but you should check out TGS Ross, they are a much better and friendly community / orgonization.

What ever happens, good luck :)

Well in the event that you may part ways with machimina, don't forget that you have a big fan base behind you. You can start an entire youtube channel and people will spread the word.

Also you may want to consider contacting a lawyer if your legal thinges are serious and machimina has gone evil and wants to take your IP's away from you.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

I can't imagine it would be anything serious
I can't reply to a lot of the other comments here, but I can say that this is serious. The main question is how serious this is going to become. I'm optimistic about the long term, but for the near future I'm really hoping things don't escalate to the point where I need legal help. It's not at that phase right now, but I don't know where it's going since I haven't been able to get much clear communication from them over the past week or so and they're all gone until January.

As silly as this may sound, Ross, ever looked at TGS? They're kinda the same type of group as Machinima (both groups are comprised of game-related content-makers), but they seem to have a fair amount of legal latitude, plus, some of their partners are very popular (TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox in particular).

Not that I expect you to make that jump, but the way you phrased this post is...well, worrying.

I was hoping my next post on here would be a new episode, but unfortunately that's not happening. Last week I found out by accident that Machinima.com is planning to change the terms of their contract with me. This may jeopardize every video I've released so far and all future ones. Or it may not. I've been finding it difficult to get an answer either way and the only thing I know right now is that I won't have an answer before the start of 2013 at the earliest. I can't give any more specifics than this because of contract reasons, but this situation has been frustrating the hell out of me, because until I have this resolved, I can't release any more videos and I'm sure people are waiting on more.

Just so you know, episode 45 of Freeman's Mind is DONE. I'll probably be done with episode 46 before I hear anything from Machinima.com again. I promise I'll do everything I can to get these out as soon as I can without having legal action taken against me or losing all rights to the videos. I'm sorry about the delay with this, it caught me completely by surprise.

I got an idea....if the terms and service does change, you can go to Blip.tv, they have a very lax terms of service and machinima including freemans mind is allowed, probably because you can easily call it a 'lets play'.

*shrug* just a thought

I seriously doubt that a judge would uphold a suit to stop Ross from producing a series that's most basically playing a game and putting his voice over it, but I don't know if Ross would be able to take it that far.

i think valve overall has the final word on that.

I seriously doubt that a judge would uphold a suit to stop Ross from producing a series that's most basically playing a game and putting his voice over it, but I don't know if Ross would be able to take it that far.

And Valve seems to be pretty good about not being complete dicks, as far as I can tell.

Unlike Machinima

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

And Valve seems to be pretty good about not being complete dicks, as far as I can tell.

Unlike Machinima

yeah, they tend to be pretty cool as long as you are seriously arent stealing or ripping people off........(like machinima)

I'm optimistic about the long term, but for the near future I'm really hoping things don't escalate to the point where I need legal help.

Say you start a legal fund on Kickstarter; I know people would contribute. The resentment against Machinima alone would be enough to garner you a couple thousand.

Not that I'm suggesting that you do this, mind you. IANAL and TINLA, etc..

In a worse case scenario you could make a "spiritual sequel" on another non-machina platform... You have the fanbase, and a rose by any other name.... is Trigun Maximum.

In a worse case scenario you could make a "spiritual sequel" on another non-machina platform... You have the fanbase, and a rose by any other name.... is Trigun Maximum.

...Anime commentaries? Or some sort of shonen-esque machinima series?

Neither are ideas I'm big on, but Ross does a variety of stuff, so...

Machinima. What are you doing? You already have enough money.

This is machinima, you can never have enough money :| .