Your Most Anticipated Games of 2013

Sign in to follow this  

EDIT: I fixed my malware problem, it seems.

ORIGINAL POST:

I did a search, so don't blame me if this is a duplicate thread.

Anywho, with that out of the way, 2012 is coming to a close, so what games are you looking forward to in the new year?

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (February;PS3, Xbox360, possibly PC at some point) seems amazing, despite having a terrible title (because it's not a "Metal Gear" game, in the traditional sense, and "Revengeance" isn't even a fucking word). The Free Cut mechanic seems freakin' sweet! Sure, you can play the whole thing without killing anyone, but with that mechanic? Heads will roll. As will all other body parts.

Killzone: Mercenary (TBD; PS Vita) also seems cool. Now, most of you are probably PC gamers, so I doubt you care about a Sony exclusive franchise coming to a Sony handheld, but I got a Vita for Christmas and I want this game. It's being developed by Guerilla Cambridge as opposed to being directly from Guerilla Games, so we'll see how well that works. But at least it's not being developed by Nihilistic like two other miserable Vita FPS games. As for the game itself, it offers a new perspective, casting the player as a mercenary (hence the tilte, duh) rather than as ISA or Helghast. From the very brief bits of game-play seen at GamesCom, it looks like a proper Killzone game, unlike Killzone: Liberation on PSP. Now, Liberation was fun, but it was a top-down shooter, a design choice made due to the PSP's crippling lack of a second analog stick. Mercenary will hopefully be the FPS the Vita's been waiting for.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Don't see any Sony links so it's most likely just malware.

Anyway, Killzone: Mercenary seems like a cool title I'd really could see myself getting a Vita for as I've always been interested in the Killzone games.

Personally, my most anticipated game is probably Aliens: Colonial Marines. I've already preordered the Collector's Edition so needless to say, I am pretty hyped. It seems to be a pretty solid FPS from Gearbox, who's one of my favourite devs atm. Otherwise, I am curious about the upcoming Tomb Raider game but I wouldn't say I am hyped about it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I fixed my maleware problem, it seems.

Isn't that a bit too personal to be discussed publicly?

Any ways, I hope Doom 4 gets a good acceleration in 2013, maybe not its release but at least some media releases.

I've watched some Dead Space 3 videos and all I can say is meh. There is nothing left of the magic of the first game, now it is just constant, non-stop action and noise. I liked walking slowly, exploring the Ishimura without being attacked all the time. Hell I think the number of big actiony bits in Dead Space 1 can be counted with my fingers.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Metal_Gear_Solid_Ground_Zeroes.jpg

Really looking forward to this game, the actual real next installment in the MGS series. Despite a lot of people's opinions, I really enjoyed Peace Walker for what it was, and Ground Zeroes looks freaking amazing. Totally cannot wait for this game.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix

kingdom.jpg

I've been a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series since I was six years old when it first came out almost eleven years ago. Recently I was pretty upset that Final Mix wasn't released in the US or Europe. Now that it (better fucking be) is, along with HD graphics and slight gameplay changes, I can't wait to see what they have done. They haven't officially said it'll come out outside Japan, but they'd be pretty stupid not to.

Ace Attorney 5

Ace-Attorney-5-reveal-600x300.jpg

Still playing this series through but I've absolutely fell in love with it. Love the gameplay, characters, and especially the music. Hope this game will deliver again.

The Walking Dead: The Game Season 2

The-Walking-Dead-Game.jpg

Just recently got into this series. Again, loved pretty much everything about it. The choices, the twists and turns, utterly horrible things that happened, this game really hit me hard when it came to just how terribly low it can go to get its point across. Not sure if this game comes out 2013, but can't wait for it nevertheless.

The Last of Us

Blog_TheLastOfUsReleaseDate_EN.jpg

Only one real reason this game appeals to me - the AI. It seems Naughty Dog has really fleshed out it's AI to the point of making as real-acting as possible people in this game. I don't care about the story or the characters, just that this game delivers on making me feel like I'm fighting real living assholes. Not just pixels programmed to shoot more pixels at me.

Sly Cooper 4

250px-Sly_Cooper_-_Thieves_in_Time_Cover_Art.jpg

Been with this series since it started, so like KH, it's got major nostalgia running through it for me. Looks pretty good from gameplay videos. Can't wait to see what it offers.

Hopefully 2013 will be a better gaming year for me than 2012.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I fixed my maleware problem, it seems.

Isn't that a bit too personal to be discussed publicly?

Bahahaha I meant MALware :shock: My maleware is fine. But there was something on my computer that turned product and brand-names into links.

Anywho, MGS: Ground Zeroes does look awesome. And it's a proper MGS game to appease the people Rising pissed off.

I haven't heard of "The Last of Us" 'til now, but it seems interesting and I know Naughty Dog is a great developer. I've played every single Uncharted game, and they were all great. This should be worth checking out.

EDIT: I looked at some gameplay of The Last of Us. First impression was that this is what I Am Alive should have been, but wasn't. Like Naughty Dog saw that game and said "Shit, we can do way better than that."

I'm surprised you've played all the Uncharted games but haven't heard of The Last of Us. *I* haven't even played all the Uncharted games save for the second one. Really, a lot of it reminds me of The Walking Dead. If it can even keep up with a fraction of what TWD did with at it's emotional peaks, I will be satisfied with the story. Until then, the game only catches my interest in the gameplay department.

As for MGS, I'm indifferent to Rising. Don't care much for it, but I'll probably play it when it comes out. Ground Zeroes is what I'm really rooting for.

Well, I've heard of it now and it looks freakin' fantastic! Suck I'll have to wait 'til May though. And at least you've played Uncharted 2, that's the best one IMO. U3 would be, but they got rid of the cheat menu that was so fun to mess around with.

Also, I haven't played The Walking Dead Season 1 yet, but with all the buzz I'm betting season two will be good as well.

And this coming summer will be the first in a while where I haven't had summer reading out the ass, and with all these great games, my wallet will pay the price for that.

The Last of Us looks pretty darn cool. But I try to not get excited about it, since it will be a PS3 exclusive anyway so I will most likely never play it.

As for me, I am mostly looking for Bioshock: Infinite(not a big surprise on that one) and Metro: Last Light. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of 2033 and hope that Last Light can deliver in that department as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been hearing about Infinite a lot lately, not really sure why, though. I realize the Bioshock series is popular but I didn't think Infinite would really garner as much attention as it's getting. All in all, though, I'm optimistic the game will at least be enjoyable.

Well the original was a critical success so even outside of the fanbase the game was known in a, for the most part, positive light. Also many critics and journalists seem to be hyping the game(Infinite, that is) and giving a positive view of it which helps. Lastly Irrational/2K seemed to have kicked the marketing in a higher gear(again) so that probably makes up a good chunk of the hype as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well the original was a critical success so even outside of the fanbase the game was known in a, for the most part, positive light. Also many critics and journalists seem to be hyping the game(Infinite, that is) and giving a positive view of it which helps. Lastly Irrational/2K seemed to have kicked the marketing in a higher gear(again) so that probably makes up a good chunk of the hype as well.

I wish they'd do that for Bioshock Vita, but now they're not even sure they'll make that.

I'd have to say Heart of the Swarm is my most anticipated...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I was thrilled for Command & Conquer Generals 2 until EA decided to be a fucktard and make it non-canon FTP garbage.

Same. It would've been an awesome game if they had just continued where Generals left off, added a bunch of units, and updated the GFX.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I was thrilled for Command & Conquer Generals 2 until EA decided to be a fucktard and make it non-canon FTP garbage.

Same. It would've been an awesome game if they had just continued where Generals left off, added a bunch of units, and updated the GFX.

ditto

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hands down at the moment for me is definitely BioShock: Infinite. I've pre-ordered the Ultimate Songbird Edition and have a nice reserved space on my shelf for the massive Songbird figure :D

After that, it'd be The Last of Us, Crysis 3, GTA V, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and even South Park: The Stick of Truth. I know that one will probably be shit, but hey, I don't care :P

http://steamcommunity.com/id/djhoneybadger/

I am one of 12 Jedi in the whole galaxy on the Jedi Council and today it's my job to get the pizza. Sure, yeah my parents, they're very proud.

- Aliens: colonial marines (pre-ordered)

- DayZ Standalone

- And this little game called "Outlast". The trailer at least looks sweet.

2GPf3MdVOKI

Probably going to end up buying it anyway. Because zombies.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc