EPISODE 4: ON A RAIL

Sign in to follow this  

That was beautiful man. Is there any way I can download a copy of episode 4? Or are there copywright laws that follow? either way, I'm getting awfully anxious to see future episodes, Keep it up.

Calix: I plan on employing more help, especially now that I realize I'll probably need more people than I'll think to account for some getting too busy or bailing during the process. The thing is, you still have to be understanding with this, since it is volunteer work, it's not like I can pay anybody anything.

Anonymous dude: Yeah, the high quality link should be off to the right. You can get it off Filefront. Anybody can download this, I just can't sell anything, then I'd get in trouble.

Hey man, I went back and watched your older episodes and realized you used a lot of Fallout 2 music, awesome man I love those games! Amazing classics, where did you ever pick up the soundtracks?

I love the build up to the end bit lol... i almost coughed up my lungs

So do u have an ETA on Episode 5 after 4 cant wait til 5.

-VandaL

Yesterday, I downloaded and watched all 4 episodes.

WOW.

The writing and acting are just top-shelf here. I really was belly-laughing when the scanner finally whacked itself in the tunnel. And the Ninja business in "Friday" - phenomenal.

The "problem" I see in machinima right now is the same one that existed in sf/action gaming for a long time - everybody thinks they can write, or think the story is unimportant as long as you put enough explosions on screen. (Also sounds like Hollywood, doesn't it?) You, sir, have managed to bridge both gaps, but I sense a level of frustration with the technical side. As good as you are, I hope you can get some help there, not for improvement's sake, but so you can focus on what seems your core talent, and the core of any story: the writing. And let's be honest, this show would be great if it was done with StickMan Animation.

I'd really like to see more and more people get to their core talent and work together to bring more ideas to machinima. As you point out, it's frustrating to spend a month or more to get a few minutes on 'film'. Me, I'd rather spend the time writing and editing, or even just doing titles. (Huh. I love to do titles, for some reason.)

Well, great stuff. I hope to see more "Friday" episodes; that's going to be a great recurring gag.

Oh, I was going to suggest that, until you get a team that can cut back on your production time, don't worry about new maps and such. These guys are going to be funny no matter where you plop 'em down. Headcrab-catching detail in Breen's office comes to mind....heheheee.

stormtrooper: I downloaded them off Interplay's site a couple years ago

gary: yeah, I like how I got to mislead people with the music for the end

inspectah deck: Ah, you can figure it out.

anonymous dude: No, the series is on hold until after I research different techniques for making this.

robert: Wow, thanks man. I've had similar thoughts, but it means nothing coming from myself since every machinima maker tends to think their own stuff is good. And yeah, my favorite part of this is in writing/editing. I am frustrated by the technical end; I'm convinced you have to have obsessive-compulsive disorder to enjoy animating (which I do not unfortunately). I really do have some ideas to expediate the process and I hope to get even more help from others when I start the next episode. Oh and don't worry, I eventually have plans for a "Next Friday".

"Next Friday" woohoo!

I hope you're taking notes on what you figure out as you attempt to speed up and smooth out the process, because I'm right with you on the technical side of this.

Well, FacePoser's decided it just wants to crash today, so I dunno...argh.

Very nice episode. Whilst shorter than the others and with less dialogue, the train ride was very well done. I especially liked how the whole ride takes you past all the scenes played out in HL2.

Ross, please be advised that your edu email account appears to be bouncing...

*boing* *boing* *boing*

anonymous dude: Sorry, I haven't made subtitles as of yet. That takes a couple hours and some guy was contributing them for me on his own, but he hasn't sent any for this one.

robert: Great, that's just what I need. Is anybody else having their email bounced back to them? You can try [email protected], but I'm trying to abandon it because it's getting overrun by spam mail. What was the message it gave you? Also, were you trying to send an attachment? I have very little room in any of my email accounts.

Im currently downloading epi. 4, but I have to say that the moment I watched number 1, I was hooked. Watching these is just hilarious. As well as produced nicely. And actually it finished downloading now.

Definately worth watching these a few times and nice job. [:

ahahahahaha f*cking hilarious! nice job!

My god, it was amazing!

Love the ep. But is anyone else having trouble downloading Ep 4? I keep getting server errors.

So hilarious. Not even joking. Make more please. Mike and Dave are great. Especially Dave.

very cool. worth the wait. i'll keep checkin back for the next one.

Production and camera are awesome. Can you tell me how you can control the game like that and how you start the train. My email is [email protected]
This was very good man!