EPISODE 4: ON A RAIL

Sign in to follow this  

everybody: thanks again

kbcool: Well no worries, I intend for Mike and Dave to be in every episode idea I've had so far.

isaac: Don't bother, the series is on hold at the moment. If you want, just email me and I can include you in a mass email I send to people when the episode is completed.

caslav: I use the Source SDK and really just look up any tutorial on using trains in Hammer, it will tell you how to do it.

Anyone ever tell you that Dave sounds exactly like Guybrush Threepwood from the Curse of Monkey Island? S'true, especially when he sings in episode 3, it's uncanny.

I actually think he sounds a lot like Ray Romano Which is absolutely great

Ross Scott//Well...

I'm korean..

and I'm poor at english..

So I can't understand without subtitle...

I hope that someone could make a subtitle quickly...

[sorry for my english..]

Stormtrooper: I think their voices sound pretty different, but it's been a while since I've played that game. I remember Elaine Marley had a cool British accent which I thought was pretty hot.

anonymous Korean dude: Sorry man, I don't have the subtitles. Give me an email though and I can send you the script, hopefully that can help you follow the episode.

I said earlier that i thought Dave sounds like Ray Romano. I wanted to say Mike . I mean you, Ross

Although the voice for Mike is not my normal voice, though it gets close towards the end of Episode 1. Neither is the vortigaunt's for that matter.

Ah, a couple more comments: one thing I believe is that comedy is universal, so I sent my sister (knows nothing of HL) a link to "Friday" - she said it was funny (and well done).

Then, after reading some more around here, I learned "Friday" won Best In Show at Machinimasia (that Kung Fu gimmick's a show-stopper). So.....I looked around at the bigger machinima sites and hunted down a handful of 'big' machinimas. "Meh" is all I've got to say. (Maybe avante-garde bs isn't my cup of tea).

Anyway, it's good to see the quality stuff rising to the top in a sea of frag-monkey videos.

Love your work, Ross. You are one of the reasons we got into machinima. I feel bad that I didn't get around to this message sooner. Plus, I tried to leave a nice review on machinima.com but the stupid thing wouldn't work or now you have six of the same message.

Anyway, I think your work is better than Rooster Teeth's and have always enjoyed the series. I wish more people appreciated how much effort you put into it. I hope to see more!

Kim

Ross I have a question...

What does 'Nutjob' mean?

Plus, I don't know what

'Moo Goo Gai Pan and Teriyaki'

means...

After watching your videos i have decided that you guys need to make a userbar for civil protection. Just using your main icon and adding Civil Protection as text i think would look amazing. Thanks

Anonymous dude 1: nutjob is a slang term for someone who has mental problems, moo goo gai pan and teriyaki are Chinese food dishes, though I think the former was actually popularized in America

Anonymous dude 2: Here's a signature I use, I could come up with something bigger if you need it:

http://www.radford.edu/~rscott31/sig.png

Thanks for the quick reply ross. But the signature is too big as it is now. I would love to make a Civil Protection userbar, using all the colors and making it look nice, but i thought i would atleast bring it to your attention. Userbars are great to use since they are smaller and still have graphic effects. We can talk about this more over email if you wish.

avienrandelor at gmail.com

So did you find a solution? Or is it still on hold?

I watched the episode on youtube, and it was amazing.

one thing though: I wanted to put it on my iPod, and I can't seem to download it. FileFront gives me a 404 each time. Or am I just being stupid?

avien: I guess I don't really understand what userbars are

d.ex: still on hold plus I'm having additional problems with time/future finances so I may have even less time for this.

dr. shmiko: I don't know, I just switched to Filefront because I was running out of space to host it. You can try the machinima.com or Creative Movies websites as well to see if it works.

Damn Hope this isn't the end

For your concerns of this taking so long.

This one took along time because you had lots of background and fancy camera angles. I can see you saved some time by using a few sections from the Campaign, but if you could get the help of someone who's good at the actually map making, it would go a lot faster. I love making towns, especially urban areas, with the editor for Morrowind, and I can be bored, and by the end of the night be done with a cool little town which I never do anything with again. That's a long winded way to say, get someone who likes doing it and is skilled(or can get more goodlier)for some help and the episode production will be a lot shorter.

The animation problems and longness was because it was small details, and I'm guessing it's hard to make a guy stand still on a moving objects, and making his actions noticeable on a moving and color-changing background.

And I forgot what I was going to say...

Pretend I said something really smart after this.

DAmn you are grat!!! You are doing a very good work!!!!! Now i'm attendig the 5th episode!!1 Good job man!!!