Half-Life or Half-Life 2?

Half-Life or Half-Life 2?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sign in to follow this  

Wow, HL1 has 8 while HL2 has 16.

Meaning HL2 has double the amount of votes.

I guess most people just like it because it is well, newer.

It's all about the people who don't really know better. Just look at the professional reviews of MW2 compared to the reviews from everyone else... The pros all rated it as barely making the mediocre level, and everyone else made it look like the best game ever released. It's all in how many noobs vote.

BGT, it has nothing to do with how much of a "noob" you are. There are many valid points in this topic in why they preferred HL2.

I admit, though, that if I were to judge the games based on comparison with what was out at the time, I'd say HL1 gets the prize, because it inspired many future games. But in this topic we discuss the game that WE liked the most, and I felt better playing HL2 than HL1.

BGT, it has nothing to do with how much of a "noob" you are. There are many valid points in this topic in why they preferred HL2.

I admit, though, that if I were to judge the games based on comparison with what was out at the time, I'd say HL1 gets the prize, because it inspired many future games. But in this topic we discuss the game that WE liked the most, and I felt better playing HL2 than HL1.

And that's your opinion, and I never said you were a noob, just that polls on opinions are always going to be completely inaccurate when you expect the people voting to know anything about what the topic is about.

I like the fact that HL2 has a more in-depth story and more characters, but the original is just awesome. It was amazing when it first came out; I remember being five or six and playing it while sitting on my dad's lap.

I'd have to go with the second, though, even if I hate to choose one over the other. Simply because I'd rather play the second currently.

I was also going to make fun of her for pointing that out, but I was afraid she would give me -rep too.

Its just the internets dont be afraid,and i was just quoting "the social network",and you still worried about reputation? You have -84

I was half joking and half worried. No I don't really care, has some people decided to completely ruin my rep... It actually makes me feel special. In the not retarded way.

I was half joking and half worried. No I don't really care, has some people decided to completely ruin my rep... It actually makes me feel special. In the not retarded way.

So you really do like your -85 rep then... lol

Half-Life 1 because I hate that messianic position put on Gordon Freeman and I think the HECU are more challenging. Plus, I like that aliens are the most common enemies. One grows so tired of UU soldiers.