Ross for hire

30ihx90.png

Depending on donations or not, you take this 30 and do stuff with it. I don't require any sort of voice acting to be done and, living in the Netherlands, them t-shirts have some shipping costs to 'm. And the almost 6 hours of Freeman's Mind content you've created is worth the 30 bucks (well it's worth a lot more than that, especially since I've re-watched it countless times, but hey).

wow you're so generous!!! $3000 for ross wow i wish i had that kind of money :)

30ihx90.png

Depending on donations or not, you take this 30 and do stuff with it. I don't require any sort of voice acting to be done and, living in the Netherlands, them t-shirts have some shipping costs to 'm. And the almost 6 hours of Freeman's Mind content you've created is worth the 30 bucks (well it's worth a lot more than that, especially since I've re-watched it countless times, but hey).

wow you're so generous!!! $3000 for ross wow i wish i had that kind of money :)

MjoMQJf5vKI

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

What the hell guys? Never seen a fu**ing comma used instead of a decimal point? If I were Demorid I'd feel humiliated from your pathetic comments...

Back on topic: how long are we fans going to put up with these malevolent broken business models which waste digital artists' invaluable time and energy?

Maybe it's time to think seriously about creating long-term support structures, to keep Accursed Farms going. I'm barely surviving on part-time work and teaching, so I can't do more than spread the word. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

BURN MACHIN- Oh wait, you probably want helpful thoughts or suggestions. No, sorry, fresh out.

Dammit, I'm pissed off right now. Not at Ross, but at machinima. When I heard about the status of freeman's mind, and of Ross's dilemma, it literally ruined my night. Ross Scott put hours of time into each episode, and if machinima deprives him of the rights to what he's done, or what he's trying to do, I will literally unsubscribe from machinima. That will be the first thing i do. So while I cannot donate money, I wish luck to Ross and hope everything works out. And with a big fat middle finger to machinima, I end this message.

I'd be happy to hire Ross for a voice acting role in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgP5nDgTfU0. There are still a few to fill. The problem is, production got to 85% complete and then went on hold last August, because of crazy time committments I have had to make to my main job (artificial intelligence software for investment banking applications). Sincerely hope to resume production soon...

Rock Paper Shotgun mentioned this article today, which talks about the recent contract issues with Machinima. If Ross is in a similar situation, it does sound quite bad.

I mentioned that article earlier on. From what Ross has said on the forums it seems his issue is trying to get a response from Machinima.

It may be jumping on the bandwagon, but perhaps a Kickstater would help. I don't know if he has enough people that would consider backing though.

For those of you who don't want to/have time to read the article, this picture featured in the article sums it up nicely.

machinima-maker-studios-youtube.8476440.40.jpg

Rock Paper Shotgun mentioned this article today, which talks about the recent contract issues with Machinima. If Ross is in a similar situation, it does sound quite bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBN5zZ5mnOk

This guy's creative life was basically destroyed and devastated by machinima. They've turned into a controlling company that deviously tricks film-maker's with potential and hopeful futures and screws them over.

Fuck Machinima.

If you go to machinima.com, they have this nifty little box at the bottom of the page:

[attachment=0]contact them.jpg[/attachment]

I am all about sending (polite) complaint letters. I know that it won't have a great effect, but at least it's something.

I'd be happy to hire Ross for a voice acting role in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgP5nDgTfU0. There are still a few to fill. The problem is, production got to 85% complete and then went on hold last August, because of crazy time committments I have had to make to my main job (artificial intelligence software for investment banking applications). Sincerely hope to resume production soon...

I saw the video you posted for this game, and actually have high hopes for it. I hope you succeed, I like the simplistic graphics attached with what seems like a wide open island sky and epic battles. Kudos!

I've got a plan for you, Ross. Been waiting out for so long by this pipe entrance got me thinking. So here's what you do. First, delete this post after you read it if you agree. Then, write up a news article for a video you would make that is not FM, do not upload it on youtube, but host it. Then, make the link equal the new episode. That way, Machinima's robots wont find out, and we can continue with the mess of a job.

As if some snitchy troll wouldn't rat Ross out. Stop encouraging Ross to do stupid things that'll get him in trouble and start figuring out how to actually take down Machinima.