Iraq War

Could the Iraq war been won?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Could the Iraq war been won?

• Yes
    • No

Sign in to follow this  

Right... So, no before numbers? All you're showing is a steady decrease in body count since they started counting...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Right... So, no before numbers? All you're showing is a steady decrease in body count since they started counting...

As long as it happens, it's a problem, and where the hell did you find a DECREASE in numbers?

According to The Obama Administration, we now need EVEN MORE AND STRONGER anti-terrorist measures.

Fixed that for you.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

According to The Obama Administration, we now need EVEN MORE AND STRONGER anti-terrorist measures.

Fixed that for you.

Thanks I guess? Do you have an opinion on Iraq becoming Yugoslavia (ethnic civil war)?

Fixed that for you.

Thanks I guess? Do you have an opinion on Iraq becoming Yugoslavia (ethnic civil war)?

See my most recent posts on the Syria situation.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

As long as it happens, it's a problem, and where the hell did you find a DECREASE in numbers?

Did you not even read the page you linked to?

Did you not even read the page you linked to?

Well I sure as hell didn't find the areas that talked about a decrease in death.

What is your basis for the assumption that it's temporary?

True, the killings are a problem, but not that out of line for that level of population density at that amount of population. (the yearly killing rates are lower than those of some "first-world" cities)

What is your basis for the assumption that it's temporary?

True, the killings are a problem, but not that out of line for that level of population density at that amount of population. (the yearly killing rates are lower than those of some "first-world" cities)

Temporary as in an agreement between ethnic groups has been reached, but they may attack each other again at a later date (rising tension).

And what is your basis for that? I'm interested in getting as much info as possible, and shooting down anything that is false. I like facts when possible, and showing everyone the truth.

And what is your basis for that? I'm interested in getting as much info as possible, and shooting down anything that is false. I like facts when possible, and showing everyone the truth.

Pure human nature. A civil war is going to break out, no matter what happens. Look at Syria. At first, people were fighting against an oppressive totalitarian regime, now it's just a Sunni-Shi'ite war. Point is, people with different beliefs are going to clash.

Hmm... The USA isn't in a civil war, and we've had a lot more reasons to start one than most other countries... How does that factor in?

Hmm... The USA isn't in a civil war, and we've had a lot more reasons to start one than most other countries... How does that factor in?

Fair democracy, the opportunity to work things out, having a voice, etc. Riots and protests count as people with different beliefs clashing too.

Just a side track from this, the USA isn't a democracy, it's a republic. The electoral college is the one that elects the president, and they don't give a shit what the people want. (Obama's second term proved that)

As for the opportunity to work things out, everyone has that, they just don't take the opportunity most of the time.

I can understand why riots would be in with the killing, but why protests? Protests are when people demonstrate their disagreement without violence...

Just a side track from this, the USA isn't a democracy, it's a republic. The electoral college is the one that elects the president, and they don't give a shit what the people want. (Obama's second term proved that)

As for the opportunity to work things out, everyone has that, they just don't take the opportunity most of the time.

I can understand why riots would be in with the killing, but why protests? Protests are when people demonstrate their disagreement without violence...

Errrrrr.........yeah I probably shouldn't have counted protests.

So... They don't take the opportunity to work things out, (or protest instead of riot) but we do... (usually) How does that factor in to this?

So... They don't take the opportunity to work things out, (or protest instead of riot) but we do... (usually) How does that factor in to this?

It means we are more civilized, but in any case, I don't think being ruled by a dictator for most of their life compels them to use democracy now.

Yes, but being monitored by us could be a deciding factor with helping them overcome that issue. Bear in mind that for a long time the people were asking us for help to be rid of the dictators so they wouldn't be faced with the kill-or-be-killed issue.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.