Communication achieved sort of

About goddamned time, boss. I was about to just hire a chopper and go personally ask those clowns over there at your snuff film what's up, with the business-end of my crowbar.

(I mean, heck, Gordon has all this money all over the place, he could probably buy a chopper ride! And the above was in-character btw. Real-me is perfectly prepared to wait!)

What I don't understand is why you need Machinima in the first place. Clearly they are not a reliable venue in which to distribute your work. At this point I'd reason that going independent is a preferable course of action. It really wouldn't be too hard to pull off considering you already have a rather large following and a central source(this website) to distribute your work.

Plus, Accursed Farms could be used to publish other machinimators as well.

Just my two cents. But I'm sure there's a good reason you haven't done this already.

What I don't understand is why you need Machinima in the first place.

For the nth time now: They pay him and take care of the "not-so-sexy" work of gaining money out of internet videos (resolve copyright issues, etc...).

I realize that Machinima pays him. It's kind of obvious really. My point is this isn't 2007 anymore. Machinima isn't the only venue out there that does this stuff. And in light of their lack of professionalism, alternatives need to be at least considered before ending up at the short end of the corporate stick.

This is just a quick update to let people know I have finally had some real communication with Machinima.com and I THINK something is going to be able to be worked out so I can have more Freeman's Mind episodes out as soon as possible (assuming this post doesn't jinx everything). Besides trying to get ahead on FM episodes I'm also working on a side project that is directly related to Freeman's Mind (and no, it's not a different series) that I'll announce later.

I find this odd, or atleast it sounds odd. Like Machinima.com finally got in contact with you but didn't actually say anything. This would be like if I called you and only said "PREPARE" before hanging up, leaving you wondering what to prepare for

(secneuqesnoC neeserofnU)

But, atleast its a start. If you haven't already, remember to ask them why the hell this took so long.

For trouble. Make it double.

I realize that Machinima pays him. It's kind of obvious really. My point is this isn't 2007 anymore. Machinima isn't the only venue out there that does this stuff. And in light of their lack of professionalism, alternatives need to be at least considered before ending up at the short end of the corporate stick.

I LOVE when people here advise on things that THEY KNOW SO SUPERFICIALLY THAT IT MAKES THEM AN ABSOLUTE EXPERT :roll: Listen pal, you may believe me or not, but I'm Ross girlfriend and I'm sick of reading these advices on and on.

I know how it has been with Machinima from the very close and probably I'm the first person who would bomb their facility and everything in 10km radius.

So please, please people, stop giving advices and just trust Ross on what he's doing. He is very smart, talented man and he's been dealing with all that shit very wisely and bravely. He does what he thinks is the best in the situation. All he really needs is some support from his fans.

If I offended anyone, i'm sorry. LAst three months has been playing on my nerves as well and I'm just sick and tired of it...

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

That response is out of line. I'm not afraid to call you out on that. Like it or not, people giving advice is a sign of the communities' support. It's not anything but support. If the advice isn't helpful, so be it. Nothing changes. We just want to see things work out one way or the other.

But you coming in and throwing your weight around like that is immature and disrespectful.

I'm done here. I've said what I wanted to.

I know how it has been with Machinima from the very close and probably I'm the first person who would bomb their facility and everything in 10km radius.

I'd join you and carry the explosives.

I'm sick of how they are treating him but I trust his decisions and that he knows what he's doing.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'm sick of how they are treating him but I trust his decisions and that he knows what he's doing.

LOL, thanks! :mrgreen: But it looks like we gonna have to show our patirnce with Machinima... Sometimes I think that company is run by a madman only partially knowing what he's doing and partially playing hide-and-seek with the staff and affiliates in any given time...

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

LOL, thanks! :mrgreen: But it looks like we gonna have to show our patirnce with Machinima... Some times I think that company is run by a madman only partially knowing what he's doing in given time...

Hl princess, I just gotta say one thing. Just cause your Ross's girl doesnt mean you call call us all out. I cant wait for FM, but It's just not right.

Hl princess, I just gotta say one thing. Just cause your Ross's girl doesnt mean you call call us all out. I cant wait for FM, but It's just not right.

I kept quiet for a long time but it was just too much of a repeating subject. The forum is not really for asking the same questions over and over and over again. I explained my reasons, I apologized if enyone feels offended.

I'm a fan like everyone here, but I have an insight on this case on EVERYDAY basis since before Christmas. It has driven me nuts. You are just talking about a show you love and I'm talking about my life. So yeah, I can go too far sometimes. I hope you can understand.

Sorry if anyone got offended. I will shut up for a while and wait.

I'm kind of hoping the timing works out so that once I'm done with all my school work there's a flood of Freeman's Mind videos.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Is Machinima evil enough to prevent Freeman's Mind from being made or released, or are they stupid enough to have no idea what they're doing and completely forget about their obligations? Because it's got to be one or the other.

As with anything, it's probably a little of both. Besides, i can't decide whether I want to call them evil or stupid. So why not both!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

I guess this thread could change into infinite Machinima complaints string.... I wish I could tell you all the insane Machinima "interactions" I've witnessed over the months, but I can't (for obvious reasons) I'm sure Ross's timeline will give you a good picture on that. If someone would treat me like that, I'd flip out after two weeks! :PRoss has an infinite patience gene

What I don't understand is why you need Machinima in the first place.
It's a complicated issue. I really can't go into detail on it because of the contract, but here's the simple version of it:

Machinima wants to change the terms of the contract. I need certain assurances before I can agree to it. If those can be met, great. If not, then I guess I will have to leave. Either way, I need communication with them. If I just leave without some sort of resolution with them, it could cause a whole extra level of problems that will make my life worse all round. I really do wish this could be happening faster, it's driving me nuts.

I guess this thread could change into infinite Machinima complaints string.... I wish I could tell you all the insane Machinima "interactions" I've witnessed over the months, but I can't (for obvious reasons) I'm sure Ross's timeline will give you a good picture on that. If someone would treat me like that, I'd flip out after two weeks! :PRoss has an infinite patience gene

I am tempted to lock the topic since we're not really doing anything else. But I guess it's best to leave it open.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com