Communication achieved sort of

Well I've been offered a contract and while I can't reveal anything in it here, all I can say is there's no way I can sign it in its current form. I submitted a list of revisions needed, I'm really hoping things can come to a sane solution.

Welp, shit.

He who fights drummers

Well I've been offered a contract and while I can't reveal anything in it here, all I can say is there's no way I can sign it in its current form. I submitted a list of revisions needed, I'm really hoping things can come to a sane solution.

Ass-Slappage.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Bad news always seems to beat the Good.

Oh headcrab-infested barnacle!

Best insult since "Blue-blistering barnacles!"

Ass-Slappage.

You know, the original script for that episode included another, more emphasized "Slappage..." line after that. Twas then cut just before release. Just a Fun-Fact I know you guys like.

Truly baffling. I can not imagine what they were so unhappy with in the first place that they needed to change it that drastically.

I realize that Machinima pays him. It's kind of obvious really. My point is this isn't 2007 anymore. Machinima isn't the only venue out there that does this stuff. And in light of their lack of professionalism, alternatives need to be at least considered before ending up at the short end of the corporate stick.

True and commendable, but even if you take out the source of income and complications of the contract itself, the bottom line is that Machinima.com is the only venue that makes it on the top five most popular YouTube channels every year, so that's still a very valuable option and is always significant to remember. There are alternatives, yes, but competitors like Gametrailers, ScrewAttack, RoosterTeeth or Destructoid (to name a few) won't quite have the same mixture of publicity, control or even Google investment as Machinima does. They also have to be interested in actually paying for the type of machinima shorts that Ross creates.

Sorry if anyone got offended. I will shut up for a while and wait.

Oh no, please don't shut up. I agree with the fact that there's kind of too much advise on what everyone thinks the next course of action should be. I do actually appreciate and share the thoughtful support everyone's giving to Ross, but it's just one of those things where you have to know the situation first.

Ross has an infinite patience gene

Hey cool, I have one of those but I think it makes me really psychotic after a while. Plus I'm more inclined to just give up and sulk rather than flip out at anyone. It's a shame someone like him can't be the managing director of Machinima.com. Well, it'd be better if every single employee was like him... in the world.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Heres to hoping that they find your revisions completely agreeable.

If it were me, I would of demanded access to no less that 45% of the company's collective bio-mass.

Completely reasonable,if you don't think about it.

ᛞᛂᛂᛔ ᛁᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚼᛆᛚᛚᛋ ᚫᚠ ᛑᛆᚡᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᛋᚢᚿᚴᛂᚿ ᚫᚿᛂ ᚡᛆᛏᛍᚼᛂᛋ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚡᚫᚱᛚᛑ ᛆᛒᚫᚡᛂ ᛆᚿᛑ ᚡᛆᛁᛏᛋ: ᛔᚱᛆᚤ ᚼᛂ ᛑᚫᛂᛋ ᚿᚫᛏ ᛋᛂᛂ ᚤᚫᚢ:

At this rate Valve will have time to release Ep3 before Ross finishes HL 1

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

At this rate Valve will have time to release Ep3 before Ross finishes HL 1

Heh, Ross DID actually say in some old interview he believed he would finish HL 1 before Ep. 3 (HL 3 as it is now considered but whatever) was released, didn't he?

Hey, do you remember MACHINIMA made an (awkward) interview with Ross back in the beginning of 2011!

and now they have been treating him with almost no respect whatosever! :/

I won't write what kind of words come on my mind now, yet it seems that all the good people were fired and most of the workers that are left or newly hired are either TOTALLY ncompetent (or stupid) or have much too much work for just one person. Well, Ross decides what he does but still I have this inner feeling I want to kick ass of Machinima's CEO :D Damn, I would do a better job than some of the people he contacted last 3 months...

I even got impression that corporations make people dumb and cause overall drop of IQ, or just make things look like this.... :P which is funny many times to observe..... and utterly frustrating most of times

Blah!

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I even got impression that corporations make people dumb and cause overall drop of IQ, or just make things look like this.... :P which is funny many times to observe..... and utterly frustrating most of times

Blah!

It certainly seems like it...

Oh no, please don't shut up. I agree with the fact that there's kind of too much advise on what everyone thinks the next course of action should be. I do actually appreciate and share the thoughtful support everyone's giving to Ross, but it's just one of those things where you have to know the situation first..

Agreed. It's fine that people wanna give advice but giving advice based on assumptions is just not working.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I don't think the problem is that mashinima sucks or is evil, I think it's that they probably have a small overworked underpaid legal department and Ross gets lost in the shit storm there.

non-euclidean fuck machine

It seems like Mashitima made first contact regarding this FreemanGate. So.. to be honest, doubt it.

Also, question here: Why cant you reveal details of a contract you say you have no intention of signing?

Also, question here: Why cant you reveal details of a contract you say you have no intention of signing?
It might piss them off? It is generally not a good idea to piss off people you want something from.

Especially if the people you may potentially piss off have more leverage

Because it's a business contract and every business, big or small wants to keep its tactics and especially prices/payments a secret to protectthemselves against competition, and also protect against jurnalists and too eager fans, even if they are so huge as Machinima.

I'm kinda surprised you're not familiar with this basic rule in business.

Machinima doesn't want to reveal their contract making policy of "eat alphabet soup and shit out a contract"

I've been told today (Mar. 22nd) that there should be an agreement proposal sometime by the end of next week. While I can't discuss specifics, I'll keep making timetable updates as I get them

---One 'End of Next Week' Later---

Any news as of yet? Or are we still waiting on them to make up their damn minds.

ᛞᛂᛂᛔ ᛁᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚼᛆᛚᛚᛋ ᚫᚠ ᛑᛆᚡᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᛋᚢᚿᚴᛂᚿ ᚫᚿᛂ ᚡᛆᛏᛍᚼᛂᛋ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚡᚫᚱᛚᛑ ᛆᛒᚫᚡᛂ ᛆᚿᛑ ᚡᛆᛁᛏᛋ: ᛔᚱᛆᚤ ᚼᛂ ᛑᚫᛂᛋ ᚿᚫᛏ ᛋᛂᛂ ᚤᚫᚢ:

It sounds like they did offer him a contract, but one he cannot sign in its current form. Sounds like he's in negotiation. Hope it won't take too long. :)

Yeah, we're waiting. Easter just a bit less spoiled by Machinima, comparing to Christmas "we're changing rules of our cooperation, oh someone forgot to tell you a month ago? oops!" :P