Penumbra series

Yeah, I've played these games too. My god, were these messed up. Scared me pretty good too. Parts of it were dry in the pacing though, but they made up for that amnesia. That game is the only game i'm afraid to play at all, and i'm one of those people who can sit through the exorcist and not get scared whatsoever.

I spent the entire review crying about no weapons yet now it's about no immersion

Just say you don't like it.

Alyxx, you like to smash stuff and shot everywhere. I can see you don't like it. In amnesia you don't use any weapons and you can only run.

BTW I was looking for the Amnsia Topic, but I coulnd't find it. Should I create one?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

It's my favourite horror game trilogy. Though I prefer Overture because I'm actually able to fight back. I think it's kinda dumb that I can't even swing or throw a piece of lead to whack the monsters. I really wish the games were longer than they actually are.

It was a Saturday five years ago not too different from this one. I was gathered together with about ten of my friends for a LAN party in one of their basements. In the late hours of the night when the Mountain Dew and Red Bull had started to run dry, the pizza and Chinese got cold, and most people had started to doze off when I found it. A CD-RW sitting in a case covered in dust with the words Penumbra writing on it. Eerily not even the owner of the house had any knowledge of the disc.

So the four other brave souls and I who were still up gathered around the soft glow of a computer monitor in the dark basement. With bated breath we installed the game and began our journey into Penumbra. My friend bravely took control wandered the lost silent halls gathering what items he could find. We watched as he wandered up to a locked door, placed a stick of dynamite in front of the door in hopes of unlocking it, and blow himself up. After that we just wondered off to bed.

I have since picked it up and would say it’s worth playing if you like survival horror games.

The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars. -- Carl Sagan

The first two games are probably the scariest gaming experience I've ever had. Black plague is the only game ever that literally made me jump (Amnesia never did it to me). Requiem crashes all the time, so i Can't speak about that.