What was your first Valve game?

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as..

... Half-Life!

And morning soup can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as..

... Half-Life!

John's got brewers droop he gets intimidated by the dirty pigeons, they love a bit of it

... Half-Life!

Who's that gut lord marching, you should cut down on your porklife mate, get some exercise!

ALL THE PEOPLE

SO MANY PEOPLE

THEY ALL GO HAND IN HAND

HAND IN HAND THROUGH THEIR

HALF-LIFE

(sorry, I figured there would be a lot of similar answers, so I had to tard mine up a bit. ;))

My first Valve game was probably Half Life 2. Though I'm pretty sure I watched my brother play Portal before that... He bought The Orange Box (Xbox 360 ver) when he was still in high school and I played that pretty much every chance I got.

That was after I first started watching Freeman's Mind, but very very close. I've played a little bit of TF2, but never with anyone. I've played a lot of Portal (I pre-ordered Portal 2 I loved it so much) and some Left 4 Dead (1 & 2).

Oh, I watched my brother play a lot of Counterstrike and Left 4 Dead on the PC when I was bored long before Freeman's Mind.

Half-Life 2 in the late 2000's. I originally got The Orange Box on 360, but then I decided to try out Steam and suddenly my life was complete.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I started back in 2011 when I got a copy of L4D2, played it for weeks before finding out that TF2 was F2P and then CS:S,HL2 and so on.

Fun Fact: I spotted TF2 in 2007, I was young then, so I don't know what it was, I thought it was a terrorist game as everyone had huge guns and shit.

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.

- Karl Pilkington

Mine was Half life 1 on the pc, it was one of my favorite games, but I did get scared of Blue Shift at my first playthrough, the haundeye's and the headcrabs were what scared me right after you exit the broken elevator, But after I got Half life 1, my dad bought me half life 2, the wrong one though , (it was the french edition, and I don't speak french), anyway that's my experience with my first Valve game.

Half Life 1, when I was 5 or 6.

This.

Though maybe a bit older because I remember thinking of the Facehugger

parasites, and I'm sure I wasn't allowed to see the Alien films when I was six.

Half-Life E3 1997 demo.

You Are God. The most Ancient and Privileged of us all.

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as..

... Half-Life!

And morning soup can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as..

... Half-Life!

John's got brewers droop he gets intimidated by the dirty pigeons, they love a bit of it

... Half-Life!

Who's that gut lord marching, you should cut down on your porklife mate, get some exercise!

ALL THE PEOPLE

SO MANY PEOPLE

THEY ALL GO HAND IN HAND

HAND IN HAND THROUGH THEIR

HALF-LIFE

(sorry, I figured there would be a lot of similar answers, so I had to tard mine up a bit. ;))

What what?

Left 4 Dead. I started playing it back in 2008, lost interest for a bit, then started playing again last year. I don't think I'll ever play a Valve game for as long as I've played TF2, though.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

It was the PS2 port of HL1 when I was 10 or 11 years old. That one came with Decay as well. The game belonged to one of my older brothers and I used to think they were crazy because they used a keyboard peripheral to play it.

Half-Life, I finally noted it in a shop after seeing someone play it somewhere and I felt like I needed that game.

Half-Life. I was, like, 10. The disk was laying around on my grandfather's computer desk, I decided to give it a try. I was glad I did.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Around my 13th birthday (September '09) my uncle gave me an Amazon gift voucher. I had this friend at school who talked about pretty much nothing but TF2 all the time, so the first thing I got with the gift voucher was The Orange Box.

Now, TF2 and Portal couldn't run on the computer I had back then- an old Dell Optiplex running Windows XP- so I had to content myself with Half-Life 2. Then, in October, I got a new PC as an early Christmas present, and finally got to play TF2, which I still am after 5 years.

What you have to remeber is that this wasn't just my introduction to Valve games. It was my introduction to PC gaming in general. Yes, I had played games on my PC before, like Roller Coaster Tycoon, Transport Tycoon and Freelancer, all of which I have fond memories of, but until I got the Orange Box, I was mostly a console gamer. After that, it was just an upward spiral- Mass Effect, Left 4 Dead, Gmod, The Elder Scrolls, X-COM...

So, yeah, thanks, Valve. Thanks for everything.

Ah, Freelancer... Did you get to modding it?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.