April News

I took this one as a satire on the other 'Minds.

Never really watched the other "Minds", they're a lot like that?

Not all of them.

I took this one as a satire on the other 'Minds.

Never really watched the other "Minds", they're a lot like that?

Not all of them.

Some are pretty good, others not so much. Barney's mind is ok and Shepard's mind is good. Also check out Courier's Mind by the AF fourum's very own 101Phase, it's good too. I can't think of examples of bad ones, because the bad ones I usually just forget and move on.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

I hate to say it, but props to machinima for releasing this video despite contract issues. That had really been eating away at me, I kept thinking it would all be resolved before April, but when I realized it wouldn't I got pretty pissed and was hoping you could at least post it on some other channel but wasn't even sure of that. Anyway, I appreciated the video and hope the contract issue is resolved.

Played Carmageddon, Strife looks like a mix up of Blood (one of my favourites), Heretic, and Shadow Warrior... I think I should download it and check it out this weekend. Abuse was on the cover of one of the old PC Gamer magazines, makes me nostalgic for those old day headliners like Mist and MDK.

256px-Mdk1cover.jpg

Can't say i've head of Hell: A cyberpunk thriller, during that time I was probably playing Dark Forces, Rebel Assault, Fragile Allegiance, and Full Throttle

sgNuqZc.gif

omf6.gif

Have to say i have not logged in since the site first changed formats but the Doom guys mind was pretty amusing lol and i loved the stranger in need that was awesome

Back by popular demand!

Honestly, mate. Make "real time recorded "mind"" -episodes. Like 1-2 per week. They difference isn't worth the long production time.

I'm just curious, but will we be getting downloadable copies of Episode 43 and 44 shortly after this contract stuff with Machinima is done?

Really good to see you in action again and hope the contract comes through soon.

I got my civil protection t-shirt, it's awesome. As payback for it (apart from the money) here's my proposed Doom Guy t -featuring the line in which I lost my shit.

59714_10152769594340122_1820312580_n.jpg

i used to like machinima but this is just ridicules! one of the only decent shows on machinima these days and there holding it up so the other stupid things on machinima can get out! Ross you must have the patience of a saint to wait this long and not lose your ****!

i used to like machinima but this is just ridicules! one of the only decent shows on machinima these days and there holding it up so the other stupid things on machinima can get out! Ross you must have the patience of a saint to wait this long and not lose your ****!

I'm thinking Ross has lost it long ago, like when the first interruptions occurred. I bet he's just used to it now. But at least he doesn't have to go through it all alone! I'm sure I'm not the only loyal fan who checks for updates dai-weekly! We love you Ross no matter how long it takes =]

Well now I have beaten through Doom 1 under 4 hours on ultra violence, not including thy flesh consumed, finishing that on ultra violence is like beating your head against a wall.

I gotto say that Doom 1 has much elegant level design, the 1st chapter sort of makes sense as a science/military base on phobos.

2nd chapter is on deimos but it's sort of batshit crazy with the gothic castle design clashing together with science/military base I guess that is sort of to show the player that hell is seeping into the base itself and turning it over.

3rd chapter inferno is just straight hell itself stuff hanging from the ceilings walls made out of weird fleshy things everything has a pentegram on it lava pits spikes skull keykards etc. also as it turns out deamons are great craftsman building entire gothic fortresses out of wood and stone.

4th chapter is a bonus for a special release of Doom 1 I believe and doesn't have any connection to the story, it's just very very difficult and the design seems to be the same as inferno.

Doom 2 named Hell on Earth, its level designs made no sense whatsoever. The chapter would be named Starport but it would be a weird pit filled with green toxic goo and weird wooden planks and stuff. While I hate its level design the new added monsters and double barelled shotgun was good enough forgive it. Altough it doesn't change the fact that Doom 2 was just a quick cash in, just random levels taped together and released quickly to make money before Quake. It should have been an expansion pack.

And Ross please release some new episodes, get a contract with someone else, they are just using a tactic, stalling you until you run out of money and be desperate enough to accept their shitty terms for the movies.

It took six years to get a physics degree. Don't do what I did, try engineering or social studies.

And Ross please release some new episodes, get a contract with someone else, they are just using a tactic, stalling you until you run out of money and be desperate enough to accept their shitty terms for the movies.

I have to say I agree with Judas here...

While I hate its level design the new added monsters and double barelled shotgun was good enough forgive it.

I like to play Doom I WADs with Doom ][ engine - get the best of both things!

Regards

I've had this discussion a lot with a friend of mine and I have to say it's probably not this because if you're trying to stall someone, you don't wait months BEFORE making an offer, you make the offer THEN stall. And yes I am trying to look into other options, though I'll admit I'm an idiot in being dependent on their income to survive and I'm trying to brainstorm ways to make up the difference elsewhere. Youtube has changed the landscape substantially, so that even with Machinima changing nothing, I'm getting less than 20% of what I was in 2011 and it's likely to be the same or worse elsewhere (I'm thinking about having a new post on this).

In other news, regarding punk games, it looks like I spoke too soon!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/05/punksnotdead-free-low-fi-brawler-that-doubles-as-a-rude-wake-up-call/

I've had this discussion a lot with a friend of mine and I have to say it's probably not this because if you're trying to stall someone, you don't wait months BEFORE making an offer, you make the offer THEN stall. And yes I am trying to look into other options, though I'll admit I'm an idiot in being dependent on their income to survive and I'm trying to brainstorm ways to make up the difference elsewhere. Youtube has changed the landscape substantially, so that even with Machinima changing nothing, I'm getting less than 20% of what I was in 2011 and it's likely to be the same or worse elsewhere (I'm thinking about having a new post on this).

In other news, regarding punk games, it looks like I spoke too soon!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/05/punksnotdead-free-low-fi-brawler-that-doubles-as-a-rude-wake-up-call/

Thank you! i must ask you though ive seen you talking about a new contract that you won't sign i realise you can't reveal alot but in a nutshell could you please tell us

Thank you! i must ask you though ive seen you talking about a new contract that you won't sign i realise you can't reveal alot but in a nutshell could you please tell us
I really can't get into any specifics, but my opinion is that it's incredibly restrictive on rights to the point where it could easily put the series in jeopardy and be harmful for me. I really can't say anything more detailed than that.

Is it that kind of contract that was mentioned in that news story that was put on the forum? IE, is it the one that says that you're not allowed to release any kind of content at all outside of Machinima for the rest of your life?

IE, is it the one that says that you're not allowed to release any kind of content at all outside of Machinima for the rest of your life?
There's one thing I just love to point out at every oportunity. Ross Scott produces "videos", he doesn't make "content", that's a degrading term used by companies that view artists as money shitting puppets they own and write their contracts accordingly. Calling art "content", artists "creators" (mysterious, god like creatures) and viewers "consumers" (brainless, passively consuming creatures) while serving out contracts like that just establishes a way of thinking that plays into their hands for calls for ever more restrictive copyright laws that cement they way of thinking into shitty laws, instead of shitty contracts.

[/brainfart]

If I won the lottery I'd pay top dollar for Freeman's Mind episodes
Who wouldn't? :lol: Sadly everybody on the forum quickly buying lottery tickets is not a quite reliable plan... :(

I'm hoping to invent perpetual motion. If it works, I could fund Freeman's mind, but I'd like to spend a few years establishing my business first.

(Joking, obviously...)

Jesus Christ!!! Less than 20%, a sixth of what you made just a couple years ago, how the hell has youtube caused that?

I always thought this was a problem just with machinima, but if now even youtube is not paying you a reasonable amount for what you're producing, this sounds much worse than I thought. I understand you can get into specifics on the machinima contract, but could you tell us what's up with youtube's harsh pay cut?