April News

Plus I feel like a Freeman's Mind Boxed DVD set like RT made for "Red vs. Blue" would sell. I would probably buy it, especially if it had some exclusive content.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Plus I feel like a Freeman's Mind Boxed DVD set like RT made for "Red vs. Blue" would sell. I would probably buy it, especially if it had some exclusive content.

Exclusive content could be things like, hidden episodes and such =] Plus RT would probably help you a lot with the animation and such. They have very skilled animators.

I've been reading a lotof comments(all on this post) and finnaly forced myself to register just so i could say that the reason(in my opinion at least) that machinima is unable or unwilling rather to work things out with Ross is that they're diverting most of their time in making new channels they have 6 or 7 channels that i know of up and they keep making new ones(they made one a few days ago) and thinking about that might be more important in terms of money than FM.

I fell into a pit I can't get out of. Now in order to survive I've turned in to Pacman and I'm eating old Mentos. Keep dropping em on the ground kids!

I've been reading a lotof comments(all on this post) and finnaly forced myself to register just so i could say that the reason(in my opinion at least) that machinima is unable or unwilling rather to work things out with Ross is that they're diverting most of their time in making new channels they have 6 or 7 channels that i know of up and they keep making new ones(they made one a few days ago) and thinking about that might be more important in terms of money than FM.

Thanks for registering to post :)

This explains some but it doesn't explain why Mmachinima still took its time to make such an elaborated evil new contract for everyone :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I think it's ridiculous that in order to get exposure you need to join up with a group like machinima, or TGWTG, and then seemingly give them control.

Sorry, guys, but enough gameplay is shown in Freeman's Mind that it would pose a threat to Valve's sales of Half-Life. They could easily sue.

What if we start a "Pay Ross's Rent (so he can make Freeman's Mind)" Kickstarter?

Sorry, guys, but enough gameplay is shown in Freeman's Mind that it would pose a threat to Valve's sales of Half-Life. They could easily sue.

What if we start a "Pay Ross's Rent (so he can make Freeman's Mind)" Kickstarter?

The whole idea is very noble.

However, VALVe is like a holy man comparing to most corporations.

And Ross explained before that he has to solve legal stuff with Machinima first in order to publish more Freeman's Mind without weird consequences on Machinima's side. This show is "the easiest" do make so it's not about funding the show itself it's about getting money for PUBLISHING it.

Honestly I think the kickstarter thing would work. So he doesn't need mashitima's money, and he can tell them to take their contract and stuff it.

I think some people still don't understand :roll:

Yep. Ross's material is superb and better than a lot of what appears on TGWTG/BT. But then again, what appears on TGWTG/BT is better than a lot of what appears on Machinima, so... ;)
Maybe RoosterTeeth would be a good place for you as well Ross =] They make a lot of gaming shows and such, and they make a really good living. Wouldn't hurt to try would it?

It would be highly amusing to see Machinima.com try to push some BS contract on Ross only for him to inform them that hes been offered a much better contract from RT or TGWTG/BT. It would break break their little heart.

But of course this is a hypothetical situation; Machinima doesn't have a heart.

ᛞᛂᛂᛔ ᛁᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚼᛆᛚᛚᛋ ᚫᚠ ᛑᛆᚡᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᛋᚢᚿᚴᛂᚿ ᚫᚿᛂ ᚡᛆᛏᛍᚼᛂᛋ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚡᚫᚱᛚᛑ ᛆᛒᚫᚡᛂ ᛆᚿᛑ ᚡᛆᛁᛏᛋ: ᛔᚱᛆᚤ ᚼᛂ ᛑᚫᛂᛋ ᚿᚫᛏ ᛋᛂᛂ ᚤᚫᚢ:

The internet and YouTube, in particular, are full of Half-Life "playthroughs" and "speed runs" of the game - no one seems to care about it... That said, a lot depends on who holds copyright to FM videos. If Machinima can show they have the copyright they can send takedown demands under DMCA, they won't need to sue. Valve can do it in any case but I somehow doubt they would.

But if the copyright is still with Ross, at least he can give Machinima a good fight without having too many lawyers involved...

Regards

Well obviously the correct answer is to pressure Valve to release Half Life 2, episode 3, so Freeman's mind can have relevant ads. (Yes this is a joke response.)

"Pay Ross's Rent (so he can make Freeman's Mind)"
As much as I like the idea, I'm not sure how realistic that is. Total donation money received in 2012 was $1,120.72. That would cover my rent for about 2 months, but not food, utilities, taxes, and social security payments.

As for the rights, I plan to get that sorted out soon, I'll make an update when I do. All I can say is no one has made a post on here that accurately represents the situation, it's more complicated than that.

If there's any relation, DasBoSchitt, the creator of The Idiot Box released a video asking for donations for building a new computer. The total amount that he needed was $2300. He expected it to take a week or more, but he was able reach that goal in 50 minutes after the video was released.

I don't know anything about the contract so I have no ideas that I can give.

The whole idea is very noble.

However, VALVe is like a holy man comparing to most corporations.

And Ross explained before that he has to solve legal stuff with Machinima first in order to publish more Freeman's Mind without weird consequences on Machinima's side. This show is "the easiest" do make so it's not about funding the show itself it's about getting money for PUBLISHING it.

I just realized I made a mistake in that I forgot to quote the post I was replying to. I was talking to the guy who suggested selling Freeman's Mind on DVD. That's the part that Valve could so for, not posting the clips online.

In fact, has any other playthrough series been released on DVD in the past?

(I should probably put some variation on "my mistake" here.)

My understanding is that people tend to only want to buy things once. People might not be so willing to pay 10 dollars for Half-Life when they've already spent 20 on the Freeman's Mind box set, which contains footage of nearly everything in Half-Life.

But isn't the idea behind buying the game to... you know, play the game?

I think it wouldn't be good to release Freeman's Mind on DVD because the animation/design is Valve's property, but in a hypothetical situation, I don't think it would stop people from buying Half Life.

But isn't the idea behind buying the game to... you know, play the game?

I think it wouldn't be good to release Freeman's Mind on DVD because the animation/design is Valve's property, but in a hypothetical situation, I don't think it would stop people from buying Half Life.

Honestly, I went out and bought Half-Life and the Orange Box thanks to Freeman's Mind. And Bungie could have done the same thing to Halo with the RvB series. But they didn't. It makes people want to play the game, and as I was playing Half-Life again, I'd quote things from Freeman's Mind while I played =] It made the experience so much more fun! I think Valve wouldn't mind Ross using their image to support them.

Just wondering, but is there anyone else contacting people on behalf of Ross? I know I alone may not be able to do much, but it's better than sitting at home just wondering if anything will change. I've emailed Valve, and RoosterTeeth, and TGWTG all to see if someone may be able to help him. Maybe, if I'm not alone, they will see how much support he has. Anyone up to help me with that? =]

All I can say is no one has made a post on here that accurately represents the situation, it's more complicated than that.
The analogy I've been making is the situation is kind of like having terrorists storm a building and take people hostage, then they say they'll kill the hostages unless the police give into their demands. So the police ask them what their demands are and the terrorists don't say anything. That's kind of where I've been almost 3 months now.

Its my understanding that currently you are going back&forth with Machinima with the contract so that it wouldn't jeopardize any of your series or future plans for series while still making it fair for both parties.

Using your previous analogy, how would you describe the current situation now that the terrorists finally given you their demands?

ᛞᛂᛂᛔ ᛁᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚼᛆᛚᛚᛋ ᚫᚠ ᛑᛆᚡᚿ ᛏᚼᛂ ᛋᚢᚿᚴᛂᚿ ᚫᚿᛂ ᚡᛆᛏᛍᚼᛂᛋ ᛏᚼᛂ ᚡᚫᚱᛚᛑ ᛆᛒᚫᚡᛂ ᛆᚿᛑ ᚡᛆᛁᛏᛋ: ᛔᚱᛆᚤ ᚼᛂ ᛑᚫᛂᛋ ᚿᚫᛏ ᛋᛂᛂ ᚤᚫᚢ:

how would you describe the current situation now that the terrorists finally given you their demands?
Still getting snipers in position, we need to have a clear shot, it's no good if we miss.