Random fun facts about yourself.

It could be a pet name.

"Aww, you're such a cute wee mince pie."

----

I spent £200 on a drum pedal for my then band. Then 3 months later I had to become the lead guitarist in said band.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

I can completely disassemble, clean, lube, and reassemble my SR40c pistol while blind... Of course, I wouldn't want to have to, because a blind person is very dangerous with a gun. (especially this person, if blind)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have a small deformity in my chest called Pectus carinatum or pigeon chest. Thankfully it doesn't look extreme, and it doesn't affect me in a life-threatening way. My cousin did pull a prank on me as a kid and said I'll die young because of my chest, and I believed him for a while (he was a nursing student at the time, which probably made it easier for me to believe him.)

If I can't be a musician, I'd like to be a luthier. Right now, I have three guitar projects (2 Mockingbirds and a Strat) and I'm planning to finish them before I finish college

Welp, now what?

I got my first PS2 on my 11th birthday in 2003.

The first game I played on it was Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

To this day - 12 years later - I have never finished it. I wanted to do the final story mission after completing everything else in the game.

[EDIT: Got details wrong]

Last year I started a new game and followed a walkthrough. I'm now 81% complete.

I don't know if I'll ever finish it.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Fun/funny/sad fact about me: When I was new to the whole forums thing, I didn't realize signatures were automatic, and a thing you set up, so I was confused as to why people always had like the same image/gif, what has you at the bottom of each post, and that they always managed to have the exact same one in their posts. I figured they were manually putting them in each time they were posting something, including the little "_________________" before the signature. So.... for a while I did exactly that (in posts that I remembered). So I would be like:

Pootis spencer here

(even though that wasn't a thing at the time)

It took me a while to realize that wasn't the case at all, and there was a way to add in a signature, in the settings section of your account.

Now if only there was something like that for font color, I would be all over that.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Coffee makes me tired, tea doesn't affect, and caffeinated sodas wake me.

I have a 6th sense when it comes to PC hardware compatibility. (I was even good enough at it to combine PowerPC peripheral cards with a standard IBM-compatible PC for a decent gaming system back in the day)

I have a Lay-Z-Boy reclining office chair, and I frequently move between reclined and not, and shifting positions. (it's a comfort thing, but I have read that it's exactly what is recommended for ergonomics)

I came up with a way to mount my phone to the top of my laptop screen, allowing me to use it as a HUD map for Fallout 4.

I modded my independently powered USB2.0 hub to output 2.2 amps, (default was only 1.8) just so that it would provide more power to my phone than my phone could ever use. (and it didn't require any power supply modifications, merely an alteration to the hub itself)

I have never had a broken bone, and not for a lack of possibility. (I just naturally dodge breaks, even when landing in way that should break a neck, after falling 2 stories) I also have never dislocated anything, despite extraordinarily loose joints, and reduced range of movement. (my knees can bend sideways by up to 15 degrees)

Any drug that I take more than once has a 50% reduction in effect every subsequent dose. (this includes extremely powerful painkillers, and recreational drugs) The effect returns over time, but never exceeds 70% of the first usage. (it was a 10 year delay that got it back to 70%)

My great/great great/grandparents (etc. as far back as the family can determine) all were alcoholics, and my parents are both struggling to keep from becoming alcoholics... I have never even begun to feel inclined towards alcoholism, and have yet to exceed the 'mild-buzz' state despite taking in excessive amounts of alcohol. I also recover from the effects much faster than anyone else I've heard of. (15 minutes and I'm not buzzed, 30 minutes and I can pass a breathalyzer test)

I have a reduced range of audio hearing that cuts out the 17.4kHz-17.8kHz range and tops out around 20.4kHz, but I can perceive all frequencies accurately from 8Hz-27kHz. (I can feel it, not hear it, and it's impossible to describe it to anyone who can't perceive sound this way)

I have a survival plan for just about any end-of-the-world scenario it is possible to survive... They are very detailed, and most people think their plans would work better than mine despite the plans almost exactly mirroring those that are used by people that inevitably die in movies/games about said EotW scenarios. The majority of my plans involve gathering supplies here, then moving to the Gavin's Point dam in S.D. and fortifying it, so come visit me there in a zombie apocalypse! ;)

I am probably one of the few people in the world that would be able to thrive without any human contact for years, without any significant issues. (like losing the ability to talk normally, or hold a conversation, etc.)

I have previously made a functioning prototype for a quantum power generator (it produced about 0.5 amps at 1.116 volts) but lost it in a move. When I tried to get a research grant, I was ridiculed and laughed at, they thought I was a kook kid that couldn't possibly have what I claimed to have. (and now I'm following research being made into the technology, and they effectively duplicated my design, only 5 years after I made one)

I know a guy who is working on a functional Star Trek style replicator. He is able to lay any metal or synthetic material at molecule-level resolution in any pattern, but it is too slow for commercial use at this time. He did print a nice CPU a while back though, far superior in assembly quality to the normally produced model it was based on. (it was an early core2 quad)

I actually had something way better to post here, but I forgot it when I reread all my posts here to see if I had already posted it.

I will come up with long, sometimes elaborate plans in games under the single purpose of "what a dick."

ex: "Well I guess I'll head back to the Hunters Dream and restock my health, blood vials, and bullets; maybe shift a few gems around to some more effective weapons; also should check if I can level anything up because what a dick..."

Retired Forum Moderator

"what a dick."

ex: "Well I guess I'll head back to the Hunters Dream and restock my health, blood vials, and bullets; maybe shift a few gems around to some more effective weapons; also should check if I can level anything up because what a dick..."

static1.squarespace.gif

It does mean what I think it means because "what a dick" refers to any and all assholes(sentient, non-sentient, and/or inanimate) responsible for requiring me to make these elaborate plans in the first place. :P

Edit: At least, that's how it started. I just use it for pretty much everything now.

Retired Forum Moderator

I can transform a bic mechanical pencil, a paperclip and an elastic band into a nasty little slingshot of sorts in under a minute. I can also convert it into a makeshift scalpel, if I can get my hands on a pencil sharpener blade. I was fun in school.

I see everything.

I have an odd obsession with owls and sleep at night with a stuffed owl

*owl pun*

the name's riley

I've finished GTA San Andreas in four ways: With cheats ('06), with cheats and trainers ('08), with trainers only ('10) and without any cheats or trainers ('15)....and I have yet to reach 100% (I made it to 90% on my recent playthrough, i'll get back to that at a better time)

I got into binaural beats recently. They work at times, I'm planning to keep on listening to them.

Welp, now what?

I met my girlfriend by falling asleep. And I am probably the only guy that has ever happened to.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

This may not be a fun fact or random about me, but I have Autism, I dont know if I have Aspergers per se but I know I was diagnosed with it when I was a kid, I know I do have my moments where the handicap isnt visible but you know what I live my life like everyone else, I put my clothes on like everyone else does, so its not the biggest deal, but I can say another fact about me,

I am a very amateur cosplayer and love to cosplay as various characters and will actually pretend to be characters that im not even cosplaying as to make anyone that I know laugh, one in paticular is Captain Jack Sparrow, I will actually pretend to be like him just to make the girls in my life laugh their ass off.....I want to be an actor and have the talent for it, its just one of those things that may never happen but if it did I would also want to live with Johnny Depp for a few years to kind of learn off of him because if I did, I would want to thank him deeply for mentoring me if I ever win an academy award

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I thought of some more:

-The cat in my Avatar is female, but I'm male

-I'm a terrible cook

-I'm a nerd and got to 100% completion in NFS: Most Wanted (Original), Stuntman, GTA San Andreas, Driver: San Francisco and some others

-I'm pretty good at playing poker

-My mouth has a weird shape and when I smile one side of my face looks like I'm really mad

I thought of some more:

-The cat in my Avatar is female, but I'm male

-I'm a terrible cook

-I'm a nerd and got to 100% completion in NFS: Most Wanted (Original), Stuntman, GTA San Andreas, Driver: San Francisco and some others

-I'm pretty good at playing poker

-My mouth has a weird shape and when I smile one side of my face looks like I'm really mad

Which level was the hardest for you in Stuntman?

OT: The first GTA I beat was GTA Liberty City Stories

but I did it with Cheats, I beat the rest of them after I beat this one

without cheats: GTA IV: February 2nd, 2010 and also got 2 trophies for my PS3 when I did it, LC Minute and You Won!

-First game I ever 100%ed: The Back to The Future game by Telltale Games (then I 100%d GUN on NGC)

-First R rated movie I saw: Demolition Man, I saw this when I was really young, still love it to this day, and no I didnt become violent from that film, and I can say I wouldnt ever try and recreate something I saw in a movie or or on TV, I did actually try and recreate pepsi perfect but that is different

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

First game I 100%: Psychonauts

First Final Fantasy I 100%*: Crisis Core

Final Fantasy games I've 100%*/defeated the big super optional final boss: 4 (PSP/GBA version), 7, 8, 9 (Have never, and will never do Ozma, due to the RNG factor, but I still considered this 100%ed), 10 (yes, even Penance), and Crisis Core

Kingdom Hearts games I've 100%*/defeated the big super optional final boss(es): 1 (only on easy mode) (RE)COM (If you count beating Reverse Rebirth), 2 (excluding Final Mix/HD version, still working on that), and 3D

Final Fantasy games I've beaten: 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13**, 13-2**, and Crisis Core

Final Fantasy games I still have to play: 1 and 5

Favorite Final Fantasy: 9 (main series) and Crisis Core (counting sequels/prequels)

Favorite Kingdom Hearts: 2 (3D is a close second)

* Seeing as how tricky some of the Final Fantasy's/Kingdom Hearts are to 100% (some can even be considered impossible without cheating, using a 3rd party tool/device, or whatever) especially on how picky you might consider 100%ing a game, so as such, I'm going under my terms. Similar concept when I play other games where there's just waaaaaaay to much for an extremely picky 100%

** Okay, technically I didn't beat these games, however I have gotten to the final boss in both of those, and in my defense, both games get a huge difficulty spike in the final dungeon (or so it seems), with what seems like a never ending boss fight (with all of their stages) if you're "not doing it right". I've seen the ending/true ending (in the case of 13-2), so I'm considering them beaten.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Psychotic

Do you know about 'Nauts 2? are you one of the few like me that will want to get it ASAP!?

OT:

I am a fan of Scarface and The Godfather to the point where I have the Godfather Trilogy on VHS, DVD and Scarface on VHS, and Blu Ray and also have the game

and in 8th Grade I was Tony Montanna for Halloween, now SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND YOU CHAZZERS!!!!!!!!!!!