Those guys with the glasses

That's awesome! Two of my favorite content creators have left Machinima.com this year!

On top of that you decide to join up with Channel Awesome. Wow. Just wow. :mrgreen:

I already don't like BlipTV. It's got 60 second adverts that take 90 seconds if you try to disable them with an adblocker.

On top of that they have they're overly picky about things that get uploaded to their site? The fuck?

I, uh...

I'm not a very big fan of the Critic, and I'm not sure whether I'd trust the TGWTG network, but if they let you upload your videos efficiently then I guess I'm okay with it. I guess I can deal with blip as well.

I already don't like BlipTV. It's got 60 second adverts that take 90 seconds if you try to disable them with an adblocker.

On top of that they have they're overly picky about things that get uploaded to their site? The fuck?

Well they're not picky, necessarily, it was a technical issue, as has been established numerous time.

But that forced ad/no adblock thing? Fuck. That. Shit.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

You know, you could maybe send them the audio file separately and ask them to embed it on the video themselves (I don't think it'd be much trouble), or you could just try every possible format of video/audio form till it works :P

NEW FREEMAN'S MIND EPISODE WILL BE UP HERE IN APPROXIMATELY 16 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF THIS POST

:( My stance on the ads is this: I hate ads too and I don't like having to subject people to them. But on the flipside, this will actually pay money and can help me pay rent. For now, the videos will appear on Youtube and Blip.tv, but in the future, ones on Youtube may be one episode behind. And I do intend to keep posting downloadable copies of the videos with a delay, so if you're patient, you'll never have to view any ads to watch the videos. I think that's about the best compromise I can do given the circumstances.

Awesomes.

This aint gonna happen often, I hope, Ross? Blip doesnt make you wait forever like Machinima does. Even though this was nothing compared to machinima.

There was someone who made a file to open all of the episodes at once, can't this very helpful person also make a file that automatically opens all blip.tv ads, puts your speakers on mute and minimizes your browser for 30 seconds? Also, 16 HOURS. Going to stay up until 4 pm tomorrow for that!

NEW FREEMAN'S MIND EPISODE WILL BE UP HERE IN APPROXIMATELY 16 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF THIS POST

:( My stance on the ads is this: I hate ads too and I don't like having to subject people to them. But on the flipside, this will actually pay money and can help me pay rent. For now, the videos will appear on Youtube and Blip.tv, but in the future, ones on Youtube may be one episode behind. And I do intend to keep posting downloadable copies of the videos with a delay, so if you're patient, you'll never have to view any ads to watch the videos. I think that's about the best compromise I can do given the circumstances.

Personally, I'm fine with ads if it is for a show I truly enjoy! I don't complain when commercials play on tv, so why on the internet? =b I can get me something to eat, then choke on as I watch your vids!

so if you're patient, you'll never have to view any ads to watch the videos. I think that's about the best compromise I can do given the circumstances.

If we were patient we wouldn't mind sitting 90 seconds to get through the "You're a dick for using AdBlock" message :lol:

I can't take it anymore!

To use the Youtube tags properly, place the video's code within the tags without the full URL, ie just the bit after the v=.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Allow me to pile on the love and to revel in the joy of the advent of new episodes. Glad to hear good news, Ross. I hope only the best for you.

Woo!

I don't really mind adverts, and like you said, they're helpful. It's annoying to be physically forced to watch one, but considering it's just one show that i'll be using Blip for (FM, of course), it's not all that big of an issue. I'm more glad that you can actually upload your videos than i am upset about having to sit through an advert.

It's not off-putting, and i suppose it's not as bad as Machinima's CLICK HERE FOR FUNNY MINECRAFT annotations, advertising banners and the like -- none of which likely benefited you as the creator.

e_4X-IcBOGc

Also, approximately 16.5 hours from the time of that post, I will be streaming the creation of the subtitles for that episode. I will post information soon on how to get to it. :)

EDIT: Well, shoot, that'll be about 5 AM my time (in the Pacific timezone), wouldn't it? I'll be asleep at that time. I'll create a thread over in the Subtitles forum now for further discussions on this.

That's great! I eagerly await the upload!

As for the ads, I'll gladly watch them if it helps you, Ross. I block ads on YouTube because it's usually Machinima or another 3rd-party company that gets most of the revenue, but seeing as this will be going straight to you, I'll be happy to wait the extra minute.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

From what I've seen, Slick is either trying to stay in character for his forum guise, or he is using the guise as an excuse to sound like the complete asshole the character actually is. I am assuming both.

EDIT: For further clarification, go here. A word of warning: Please make sure you don't have any plans for the next month or so before clicking that link. Seriously.

i haven't been an asshole and my name has nothing to do with anything, jesus this forum is full of hostile imbeciles

jesus this forum is full of hostile imbeciles

Just some advice: this is not how you make friends :lol: