Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict solveable?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict solveable?

• Yes
    • No

Sign in to follow this  

As for the U.N. stuff... Go watch Black Hawk Down... (the U.N. troops refused to let more than the "maximum recommended occupancy" to ride in their APCs, even though it was live fire combat) I knew the family of one of the guys that died in that mission... The U.N. troops don't care about others in the warzones they occupy, only themselves.

This is an argument for criminal incompetence, not low morale.

Note to future societies, Do not vote for a violent gang of terrorists who violently drive out the moderate opposition, promise to abrogate all past treaties and agreements signed by your nation, and pledge ceaseless attacks upon neighbors with superior arms and equipment to you, who are "oppressing" you BECAUSE of the actions of those same terrorists.

It NEVER goes well for you.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

But if you create a ghetto in your country, concentrate its population by racial and religious criteria, deprive them of any rights and systematically terrorise them with wanton violence, cutting off their supplies, destroying whatever infrastructure they manage to build for themselves (sounds pretty much like City 17, isn't it?) - that's pretty much the only type of self-government you can expect to arise in such ghetto.

The question is whether this is a product of mistakes in historical decision-making or was it actually intended in the first place?

You can guess I am not a big supporter of the Israeli policies on Palestinians...

Regards

Well no wonder, if you actually believe all that Pallywood rhetoric, reality notwithstanding.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

One of the few items Doom and I share the same opinion on.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Nope, I don't believe any rhetoric. I'm essentially immune to over 6 million forms of propaganda :-) I may be susceptible to confirmation bias occasionally, but who isn't?

But I am trying to see through BS from all sides and what I see is that if any of us here, on this board, had a misfortune to be born and grow up in Gaza, we'd support the Hamas and we'd be happily clapping every time another rocket takes off (all except BTGBullseye, of course - he'd be lighting the blue touch paper :shock::-) )...

Regards

Yes, but I'd also be sending them towards targets instead of civilians... Another huge difference.

Yes, but I'd also be sending them towards targets instead of civilians... Another huge difference.

I don't think those rockets are very accurate. And more importantly I don't think they care, for them it seems like payback for Israeli wrongdoings, real or imagined.

Trust me, I can make a ballistic rocket hit what I want it to hit. (ballistic = no guidance system)

Trust me, I can make a ballistic rocket hit what I want it to hit. (ballistic = no guidance system)

I doubt that, but assuming you could, would you care if you hated your enemy enough to call him a pig and mean it?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us." -- Golda Meir

It hasn't happened yet, and the best proof of that is the fact that Hamas uses child labor (probably including forced labor) to build their terror tunnels, and around 160 Palestinian kids have died doing so.

Denied materials to rebuild? More like "divert 800,000 tons of cement intended for rebuilding and use them to build attack tunnels instead."

(By comparison, erecting Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower, required 110,000 tons of concrete.)

Exactly.

Though in answer to the question, I have never been able to hate like that. Ever. It has been impossible for me since birth. (therefore, yes I would care about it hitting innocents)

As far as targeting using ballistics, the US military can target a 50 yard radius with an unguided rocket, and hit within it at 50 miles. I can do similar accuracy at the ranges used in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with the size rockets that are being used, and that level of accuracy is more than enough to be able to target a military asset instead of innocent civilians.

Though in answer to the question, I have never been able to hate like that. Ever. It has been impossible for me since birth. (therefore, yes I would care about it hitting innocents)

I'm pretty sure Gaza would change that, especially how you were raised.

Has nothing to do with how I was raised, trust me. I am incapable of holding a grudge, or targeting people who cannot change anything. I also would never, under any circumstance, for any reason, no matter what, feel that targeting an innocent is right, and I never have. (upbringing reinforced it, but didn't instill it)

Has nothing to do with how I was raised, trust me. I am incapable of holding a grudge, or targeting people who cannot change anything. I also would never, under any circumstance, for any reason, no matter what, feel that targeting an innocent is right, and I never have. (upbringing reinforced it, but didn't instill it)

I find that this differs greatly depending on the conditions you are raised, how you're raised, and what happens around you. This is probably why Hamas is popular in Gaza: everyone knows that what's around them sucks, and they blame it on Israel (although some blame can also be attributed to the aggressive nature of Hamas).

Well no wonder, if you actually believe all that Pallywood rhetoric, reality notwithstanding.

Human Rights Watch is pro-Palestinian?

Actually, yes...

Because, you know, a group that publishes both sides war crimes is still an evul muzlim plot ta kill jews!!!!11!!1!

Quit the bullshitting, because it doesn't work when every international organization agrees that crimes are being committed by Israel. And don't try to make a comeback by shouting "Hamas supporter!" because I freely state Hamas is a heinous terror group that DOES want to kill civilians en masse.

I never said that Israel hadn't done wrong. I merely stated that Human Rights Watch is pro-Palestinian. You need to learn to not twist someone's words into a completely different meaning.

I never said that Israel hadn't done wrong. I merely stated that Human Rights Watch is pro-Palestinian. You need to learn to not twist someone's words into a completely different meaning.

Usually when someone tells me something is "pro-Palestine", they mean it in a way that implies the thing in question is anti-Semitic/pro Sharia/evil. But not you. huh. Another OOC moment for you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.