Israeli-Palestinian conflict

Is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict solveable?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict solveable?

• Yes
    • No

Sign in to follow this  

The slaughter refers to the hellish air campaign. And the mass evictions are not much better, it's ethnic cleansing.

Ok, how many casualties have occurred?

Out of 1,800 people dead, over 1,100 (and possibly more) are Palestinian civilians.

Also, doesn't everyone know that there are very few locations on the planet (and even in the USA) where two different (or even extremely similar) religions can get along 'en masse' without violence? How is separating two groups (ethnic cleansing) that will pretty much inevitably turn to trying to wipe each other out be that horrible?

You're trying to defend it! Can't you see that this will only cause more Palestinians to join extremist groups? They've been marched out of their homes at gun point, any body that had that happen to them would want revenge.

True, but you're intentionally ignoring the logic in the actions taken...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Can't you see that this will only cause more Palestinians to join extremist groups?

You mean the way NATO bombing caused the Yugoslavians to flock to Milosevich's banner?

Oh wait, that didn't happen.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

This video by an Indian news crew shows Hamas assembling and launching a rocket from a plot of land surrounded by hotels. It also demonstrates the truth of several of the accusations leveled against Hamas.

This is how Hamas intentionally sets Palestinian civilians up to be killed in retaliatory strikes in Gaza. In fact, if no one had warned the Indians, they might have been the latest casualties. (And deluded westerners would have blamed their deaths on Israel.)

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/ndtv-exclusive-how-hamas-assembles-and-fires-rockets-571033

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

This is how Hamas intentionally sets Palestinian civilians up to be killed in retaliatory strikes in Gaza.

True, Hamas is using Palastinian civillians, but there is no possible way that this accounts for a large amount (at least 50%) of other civilians that died, like the kids playing at the beach, and the hospital, and the UN school.

Also I love how you two are defending what amounts to forcing people onto resrrvations, as if they were cattle. And Doom, we all know how Yugoslavia and Gaza are so simillar to each other, right? :roll:

Actually yes, that can account for ALL of those deaths if you aren't biasing your opinion.

Actually yes, that can account for ALL of those deaths if you aren't biasing your opinion.

That is impossible. Some, certainly, but to say all is simply denying Israel has committed war crimes.

How is it impossible?

Human shields is a very common tactic of terrorists, and it IS impossible to protect all of the civilians and still take out the threat.

How is it impossible?

Because the amount of human shields needed to get the casualty figures shown would need to be at least a hundred for each rocket, possibly more, and that's not even factoring in the possibility that rockets can be moved. And add that to the fact that the article Doom showed only showed Hamas firing from civilian areas (still a war crime but not human shields).

You don't understand what the term "human shields" covers obviously.

A human shield is when anyone uses the threat of non-combatant casualties as a deterrent for conflict... Firing rockets from densely populated civilian areas easily qualifies.

You don't understand what the term "human shields" covers obviously.

A human shield is when anyone uses the threat of non-combatant casualties as a deterrent for conflict... Firing rockets from densely populated civilian areas easily qualifies.

Does the use of human shields by Hamas excuse the Israelis for shelling a beach and killing four children, or shelling a hospital and UN school (all of which involved no militants or rockets)?

So you consider a lack of reports to equate to a lack of militants?

So you consider a lack of reports to equate to a lack of militants?

When nobody even tries to say "it was just collateral damage!" except Israel, then it can be inferred there weren't militants.

So because Israel is the only one making a statement, they must be lying?

So because Israel is the only one making a statement, they must be lying?

Their statement contradicts all other statements in the matter.

So what are the other statements saying? That there were no obvious blatant combatants, or that every individual in the area was a confirmed non-combatant?

It takes two for a human shield to cause civilian casualties - one side must put up the shield but the other must pull the trigger.

Israel did not have to bomb the crap out of Gaza. Their SAMs seem to work quite well swatting the crude ballistic fireworks out of the sky as it is.

And everyone has now completely forgotten that the whole thing has started with 3 Israelies kidnapped and murdered by someone as yet unknown (Hamas denied any involvement from the start).

So, you get 3 of your people dead and you kill a couple of thousand in retaliation - hardly an eye for an eye...

Regards

So what are the other statements saying? That there were no obvious blatant combatants, or that every individual in the area was a confirmed non-combatant?

Both.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.