FM Ponified

Sign in to follow this  

Wow okay I haven't been here long, so I don't know how things are run, but that's completely out of line. You can't just retroactively "ruin" something by having a couple fans make unofficial crossovers.

The main issue with ponies being here (other than them being absolute garbage) is that Freeman's mind is completely unrelated to them and a thing as amazing and well done as Freeman's Mind doesn't deserve to be debased in such a manner. While this goes for everything, Valve games in general and Freeman's mind individually are some of the best works ever done and they, and everything else has been reduced to fucking garbage when this happens. It's not just games either. Rest in piece, doctor who... :x

You're completely correct, of course. Honestly, Half Life has been utterly ruined ever since Valve put ponies in the game, not to mention Doctor Who, ugh, it was just awful that one episode where Celestia made a cameo, right? And don't even get me started on Freeman's Mind, especially that time Pinkie Pie accidentally detonated a tripmine when Freeman was trying to jump over.

Oh wait, none of that happened? So then how are ponies 'ruining' anything?

*Gasp* guys, hang on, this might be a little 'out there', but hear me out. Maybe, just maybe, the only way that they can 'ruin' anything is based around an irrational perception of them as some kind of evil sacrilegious entity bent on destruction of all media, instead of as a tv show that draws inexplicable hatred for 'ruining' everything despite just being a tv show?

I mean, it's almost like people are suggesting that the things produced by the fandom in their spare time are somehow affecting the accepted canon of other things. I know, I know, that seems ridiculous, but it's just an idea.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

The main issue with ponies being here (other than them being absolute garbage) is that Freeman's mind is completely unrelated to them and a thing as amazing and well done as Freeman's Mind doesn't deserve to be debased in such a manner. While this goes for everything, Valve games in general and Freeman's mind individually are some of the best works ever done and they, and everything else has been reduced to fucking garbage when this happens. It's not just games either. Rest in piece, doctor who... :x

You're completely correct, of course. Honestly, Half Life has been utterly ruined ever since Valve put ponies in the game, not to mention Doctor Who, ugh, it was just awful that one episode where Celestia made a cameo, right? And don't even get me started on Freeman's Mind, especially that time Pinkie Pie accidentally detonated a tripmine when Freeman was trying to jump over.

Oh wait, none of that happened? So then how are ponies 'ruining' anything?

*Gasp* guys, hang on, this might be a little 'out there', but hear me out. Maybe, just maybe, the only way that they can 'ruin' anything is based around an irrational perception of them as some kind of evil sacrilegious entity bent on destruction of all media, instead of as a tv show that draws inexplicable hatred for 'ruining' everything despite just being a tv show?

I mean, it's almost like people are suggesting that the things produced by the fandom in their spare time are somehow affecting the accepted canon of other things. I know, I know, that seems ridiculous, but it's just an idea.

I think you might be onto something.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

.... My gosh.

You click on a thread that says "FM PONIFIED" and you dont expect ponies.

Why?

Because their brains stopped working after reading "FM".

Wow, almost forgot that I was not on 4chan right now. That was a very 4chan like post... Odd

non-euclidean fuck machine

Whelp, I guess Left 4 Dead 2, Skyrim, Team Fortress 2, Gmod, among other great games are crap now. Time to burn all copies of the games.

With the logic of all your stupid replies you might as well not play any games made by Valve considering they themselves are against garbage ponies. This is shown by the Steampipe page and the unused "grand duchess" Heavy set lines in TF2. (Don't believe me? Look up "Steampipe" and "Heavy Halloween lines 2012"

Either way, none of this should exist and we should all just leave and go do something more fitting to our gender and sexual orientation.

Better yet, I'd rather just watch Gordon shoot everyone here.

And yet Gabe Newell is a fellow Brony...

With the logic of all your stupid replies you might as well not play any games made by Valve considering they themselves are against garbage ponies. This is shown by the Steampipe page and the unused "grand duchess" Heavy set lines in TF2. (Don't believe me? Look up "Steampipe" and "Heavy Halloween lines 2012"

Either way, none of this should exist and we should all just leave and go do something more fitting to our gender and sexual orientation.

Better yet, I'd rather just watch Gordon shoot everyone here.

Ha, wow. I'm really starting to take you seriously now, what with your attacks against our masculinity and sexual orientation (so I guess that makes you a bigot too, good one).

And really? We can't play games by Valve because they're 'against' ponies? First of all, how are they against ponies? Are they marshaling armies to face down our own in a massive war of attrition to decide which form of media becomes dominant? Or are you so close-minded that you literally can't see this with anything but an 'us vs them' mentality? Even though it's nothing but a TV show and the people who want to create new things based on it? Ssshh, calm down little troll, the ponies don't want to hurt you.

As for saying 'none of this should exist', well, I'm just going to laugh at you. There's plenty of things that 'shouldn't' exist, like the Spanish Inquisition, or the Vietnam War, but those things aren't going away just because some people don't like them. Also, your opinion is silly, just in case I didn't stress that enough. It's one thing not to like the show, it's another to spend all your time and energy raging about how much you want it to not exist. We wouldn't even care if you only disliked the show, but you're here derailing this thread to whine about how you don't like ponies, and it's getting really old.

we should all just leave and go do something more fitting to our gender and sexual orientation.

The evolving nature of mankind's social norms would like to have a word with you. Honestly, that's one of the most backwards-thinking things I think I've ever read on the internet.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I, personally, would not mind. Because I'm mature enough to ignore things that I don't like.

That said that cartoon seems fun, even if I can't read the comments...

Maturity occurs also by not shuffling your personal interests into almost EVERY random place on the internet. This is a PLAGUE...

There has been giant ass ponies in signatures here, including pink fcking pony placed on accursedfarms logo. A logo that Ross made personally! So someone could spoil it without even asking! There has been an invasion of blinking pony gifs (altogether with giant ass blinking pony signatures AND blinking pony gif avatars). What's wrong with your heads?

"Hey, this will surely make everybody love me for colorful, little ponies! Show your love and tolerate other's interests, even if they are weird! I respect you! Here, look at some more ponies! Not liking it yet, let me shove it in your a...."

NO!

And I'm not responding to this thread anymore. You are ridiculous enough. No common sense in you people. I'm really just wasting my time.

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Ugh, the idiot juice is rising, there were a bunch of normal people here before, where did they go?

My point is that some things are too good to be ruined by bullshit like this, and that anyone who thinks otherwise should, at the very least, keep this garbage to themselves. Why don't you go post this crap on some brony website that doesn't have people who know things about what subject to put at what online location? You'd get none of this there. Go do that instead.

The "against ponies" thing was only inferred by how you all seem to explode like this at someone who doesn't like your garbage in the very same manner as this topic has been going. Did you not see the sarcasm in the generic "ponies suck omgwtflolfagxd" attitude I had before? I thought it was funny.

I'm not laughing now. I'm just looking at this topic wondering why this kind of thing exists, and why it seems to specifically attract toward the interests I have, through the worlds most unfair coincidence. And I'm guessing the one thing it seems not to have gotten to, it will if I say it here.

That's like saying "Why not have Halo fans only talk about Halo in forums made specifically for Halo? Or COD for COD forums, or Firefly for Browncoat/Firefly forums, or whatever. This is in the Free-For-All section, meaning anything goes, as long as you're following the rules. And this thread is following the rules of this forum. Now, like with everything else, there's going to be haters of any topic. The smartest thing to do, is to stay out of the topics you hate, otherwise you're going to be angry, and hate it even more, and think that it's everywhere, but in reality, you're (in general) going everywhere that thing is. I'm not a fan of the COD series, and you're not going to see me at COD topics bashing the shit out of it, and the fans of the series, there's no point to that. You on the other hand are purposefully coming here, and bashing MLP:FiM and its fans, and I can only assume you do it other places that it's at, and, like others before you, get pissed at seeing it everywhere. Now I'm no mod or admin, so I can't give you a warning or anything like that, but I really would like it if you would stop this.

I, personally, would not mind. Because I'm mature enough to ignore things that I don't like.

That said that cartoon seems fun, even if I can't read the comments...

Maturity occurs also by not shuffling your personal interests into almost EVERY random place on the internet. This is a PLAGUE...

There has been giant ass ponies in signatures here, including pink fcking pony placed on accursedfarms logo. A logo that Ross made personally! So someone could spoil it without even asking! There has been an invasion of blinking pony gifs (altogether with giant ass blinking pony signatures AND blinking pony gif avatars). What's wrong with your heads?

"Hey, this will surely make everybody love me for colorful, little ponies! Show your love and tolerate other's interests, even if they are weird! I respect you! Here, look at some more ponies! Not liking it yet, let me shove it in your a...."

NO!

And I'm not responding to this thread anymore. You are ridiculous enough. No common sense in you people. I'm really just wasting my time.

So, let me get this straight. You're going to click a thread called "FM Ponified" and then complain that you found ponies there? Really?

And you're saying there's something wrong with our heads and that we lack in common sense?

@everyone who replied to this thread:

This thread has pretty much steered so far away from it's point that i'm not even really sure what it was anymore. I'm going to lock it down after I'm done with this post, and move it's original post over to the MLP thread. I'm also going to PM certain user's. Once that's done, i'm deleting the thread.

Edit: Never mind, looks like OP already did that.