gpu too warm ?

Sign in to follow this  

I had to take mine completely apart to clean the heatsinks. I have pictures and measurements of the fans and heatsink if you want to see it.

If you could post the pictures here, I would be grateful.

Dell requires everything but the screen to be disassembled before the heatsink is accessible... Definitely look up a vid of someone doing it, or a walkthrough for your specific system if you don't have experience doing it yourself.

I did, it took them like 13 minutes just to get there... jesus christ, dell....

Jsr1FKpX7jE

this shouldnt even be legal...

"Life sucks sober!"

Yeah, when you upgrade, I highly recommend Lenovo if you're not ordering custom from somewhere like AVAdirect. One back panel taken off, and you have access to everything with a Lenovo... (and Lenovo was the one that bought IBM's laptop division, so there's a lot of quality in them)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah, when you upgrade, I highly recommend Lenovo if you're not ordering custom from somewhere like AVAdirect. One back panel taken off, and you have access to everything with a Lenovo... (and Lenovo was the one that bought IBM's laptop division, so there's a lot of quality in them)

If I got those laptops right, you can actually install a GPU after you buy them ? Is this true?

I dont know if I will upgrade (I would like to have 2 desktops for gaming and this laptop for media, but the current situation is not that way)

But if the lenovos are as good as I think, then I will definitely try to get my hands on one of those, otherwise the ASUS laptops with 2 fans (cant remember the names) cought my attention a long time ago.

"Life sucks sober!"

But if the lenovos are as good as I think, then I will definitely try to get my hands on one of those, otherwise the ASUS laptops with 2 fans (cant remember the names) cought my attention a long time ago.

You're in luck because that's what I have. Asus G74SX. These things can stay very cool.

Of course, when you have to clean the heatsinks... Anyways, I didn't take many pictures. Just 3.

3mL0N.jpg

3mLbW.jpeg

3mLf2.jpeg

If I got those laptops right, you can actually install a GPU after you buy them ? Is this true?

For most of the custom AVAdirect laptops, yes. Look for the Clevo ones that specify "MXM-III Discrete Graphics", all others don't have that option.

I dont know if I will upgrade (I would like to have 2 desktops for gaming and this laptop for media, but the current situation is not that way)

The ASUS ones are great for cooling, but only have mediocre specs... A decent Clevo one has 2 fans, 2 heatsinks, (the ASUS has 1) and is a lot more customizable for only a little bit higher price. Lenovo has extremely easy maintenance access for an extremely low price comparatively.

If you're looking for a low budget system, I recommend Lenovo. If you're looking for a $1500+ desktop replacement, go for a Clevo.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

For most of the custom AVAdirect laptops, yes. Look for the Clevo ones that specify "MXM-III Discrete Graphics", all others don't have that option.

The ASUS ones are great for cooling, but only have mediocre specs... A decent Clevo one has 2 fans, 2 heatsinks, (the ASUS has 1) and is a lot more customizable for only a little bit higher price. Lenovo has extremely easy maintenance access for an extremely low price comparatively.

If you're looking for a low budget system, I recommend Lenovo. If you're looking for a $1500+ desktop replacement, go for a Clevo.

Man these things look great!

Dont know if I should switch out my laptop though.

I saw the pics of the ASUS laptop cleaning (Im bad at this dual quoting) and it really doesnt seem worth it.

Think Ill check out some of the lenovo/clevos and see if I find anything I like.

"Life sucks sober!"