Vent

I usually never talk about it like this cause I'm afraid of offending people.

Never be afraid of offending people. There's an unfortunate trend this decade of "your rights end where my feelings begin." Don't fall into it.

+∞

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

So youtube get's rid of Subscription organization folders for some reason. I guess it's back to searching the channel I'm subscribed to to find who I want. You know, completely defeating the purpose of subscriptions.

It's fine if you aren't subscribed to a lot but after 100 there needs to be a way to organize it. A way they USED to have but got rid of because no one used it (because no one knew it existed)

The problem with corporations is that the skills that get people to high decision making positions are not the same skills that constitute a good idea for the companies product/service.

Retired Forum Moderator

Wait what, they did? But I actually used those! I have 198 subscriptions and over half of them belong to Shack Tactical. Why does Google keep removing good features? Like the old light feature that would let you make the background dark.

Like the old light feature that would let you make the background dark.

It's still there, just hidden... You need an addon to use it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Great.JUST FUCKING GREAT.Now my entire class are gonna have ONLY examinations on math class hours for the ENTIRETY OF JUNE.To make matters worse,I suck(SUCK)at math.And we gotta do tests on the other subjects(physics,history,etc.).

*sigh*.....I don't know if I should laugh,cry(or both),or just jump out of a window or a ledge.

F.M.L.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

I can not stand my sister. She's an awful mother, constantly saying things like "I don't care" or "shut up" and even yelling at her child over the smallest things. She's also lazy, refuses to ever give any of the food she "bought for her child" to her, and most of the time wont even play with her.

Some days she so unbearable that the few times I do meet her when visiting my mother's I just want to beat her senseless.

For others coming to vent, have this to make you feel better.

1392142855451.gif

I really hate Civ V. It refuses to download any mods since my HDD failure back in February. I've only found one other person who had the problem and no one answered their problem so it just seems I'm fucked.

Maybe... It's trying to install the mods on a different file location?

Tried verifying the cache (Steam)? Tried uninstalling all of the mods then reinstalling? Tried completely wiping the contents of the folder?

X3 Really obvious answers but eh, anything helps I guess.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I really hate Civ V. It refuses to download any mods since my HDD failure back in February. I've only found one other person who had the problem and no one answered their problem so it just seems I'm fucked.

wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Holy fuck. I have no rights in my own house. Fuck this Asian culture and my Dad. If I even TRY to defend myself, I get yelled at and told off for back chatting or whatever. I just want to speak my own opinion and say what really happened. Not have lies thrown in the air because they think they know SO much better than me. I'm more mature than all of these fucks and they refuse to hear it.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

Holy fuck. I have no rights in my own house. Fuck this Asian culture and my Dad. If I even TRY to defend myself, I get yelled at and told off for back chatting or whatever. I just want to speak my own opinion and say what really happened. Not have lies thrown in the air because they think they know SO much better than me. I'm more mature than all of these fucks and they refuse to hear it.

I have a similiar predicament with my dad.Sometimes.When I want to speak about my personal issues,my mediocre grades at school and if I do something stupid or make a mistake,he gets really angry.I feel like a useless dissapointment and I hate myself.I can't even get angry or backtalk at him because i'm fucking terrified of my dad's anger.IT'S FUCKING UNFAIR.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Hah, very much the same.

I'm deathly scared of getting my Dad angry. So terrified of what he'll do to me if I try to get angry. >_o

-------

I have a similiar predicament with my dad.Sometimes.When I want to speak about my personal issues,my mediocre grades at school and if I do something stupid or make a mistake,he gets really angry.I feel like a useless dissapointment and I hate myself.I can't even get angry or backtalk at him because i'm fucking terrified of my dad's anger.IT'S FUCKING UNFAIR.

I had the same situation when I was younger. Though that ended back in 2010 when he died of liver cancer. At first I thought I hated him, It took me several years to realize how much he really cared and how much he meant to me. I broke down crying on the spot. It taught me that you shouldn't wait to lose something before you realize how important it is, because by then it will too late.

I guess the point of my vent is to not hate them, they just want you to succeed in life. At least mine died before he could see me fail.

744089564786.png

There are various camera effects done in movies, such as the Dutch angle and the Hitchcock Zoom. I am fine with these for effect (as long as it's not overdone).

The camera effect I'm seeing a lot more of nowadays and it is something that I facepalm every time I see, is what I'm calling the "quick zoom". This is during an action sequence where the action is taking place relatively far away and then the camera, over the course of something like a half second, suddenly zooms in and faux handheld camera shaking is done.

You can see it done in the

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w (at around 1:25) and I facepalmed at that, too. I wish this was an effect that would just die!

(Okay, it's not that bad, but it's something that kind of pulls me out of the movie some.)

EDIT: Correction. It pulls me out of the movie a LOT. Unless the sequence is from someone holding a camera, it shouldn't be done. In the Star Wars 7 trailer, there wasn't anyone in-universe filming the sequence as far as I can tell so why add the zoom effect?

Fuck me sideways, there's a convention happening like 1 hour away from where I live from the 12-14, and as much as I would love to go, I have no money cause I have no job. FML

maxresdefault.jpg

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Getting so mad.

I'm homophobic, I've established this, but in Australia at the moment there is a massive battle on gay rights and marriage. The majority of Australia is Christians/Religious people who believe marriage is a godly concept and that it would be wrong for gay people to get married. So... Why does the government support you straight people and not gay? I'm so mad at Christians and everyone who thinks gay people shouldn't get married. Let them fucking get married so gay people get the same rights and benefits as you people. I want to slap each and every one of you. Society went and altered marriage so that it's supported, given money to, praised. Christians were a-okay with that. They're selfish. Because as soon as gay people want the same awesome stuff you people get, you yell at them and tell them to convert. I'm not saying all Christians are like this, but I'm just so ashamed of society and people who hate gays having freedom. How would you feel? Say you're a person with brown hair. Everyone who has blonde hair is allowed to marry each other. It's been a tradition, and people who celebrate it get free stuff. So... why can't we brown haired people have too? Just cause we're different, doesn't mean we deserve any different. This is two-thousand-fucking-fifteen people. Get your act together. I swear.

Sooo mad.

-------