Vent

10:50 PM here, but since I am a vampire I'm gonna stay up for a bit longer.

Are you a vampire?

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Yes. I drink blood for breakfast and I cast no shadow and I have a terrible sun allergy.

YYYYEEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!*

Nah, just kidding.

What! Oh...Oh!... You scared me

If you'll excuse me, I'll go sit in the shower and cry a little**

* Cloverfield reference

** I actually said that once. It's a funny story.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

*gasp* She doesn't have a shadow!

Woah! *takes step back* Is she a vampire?

No, you're thinking of mirrors!

We should take her in and show her off to the other patrolmen!

For some reason I came in to this thread thinking it as going to be about a Ventrilo server for Accursed Farm members.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I agree with Alyxx in that forums are more sophisticated than having a vent/random thread. There are categories for reasons. If you were more specific, say, venting about government or world peace (for a lack of better example) or anything tied to one subject, that'd be fine.

Also, I opened this thread expecting there to be some Ventrilo server someone set up that we could all talk on. That'd be cool.

Edit: Read Lord Sinister's reply. We should make one.

Personally I think Mumble would be better, I prefer it, but if someone did set up a server, then Vent or Mumble...which ever one's cheaper, I have both.

Personally I think Mumble would be better, I prefer it, but if someone did set up a server, then Vent or Mumble...which ever one's cheaper, I have both.

Never heard of "Mumble", but since Vent seems to crash my internet for unknown reasons, I'd be more inclined toward the other.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Never heard of "Mumble", but since Vent seems to crash my internet for unknown reasons, I'd be more inclined toward the other.

The site is here if you want to take a look: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

The site is here if you want to take a look: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

For some reason I came in to this thread thinking it as going to be about a Ventrilo server for Accursed Farm members.

Yeah, that's also what I was expecting.

What good comes from complaining?

Criticisms may be when you write a letter to the bus company because that bus was late a few too many times and it should be on time.

Complaining is talking about stuff you don't like simply for the minor pleasure you get from complaining about it. Like being angry for its own sake, or unjustified anger, complaining I would theorize is an addictive behavior that only makes oneself sound authoritative slightly because they have a metaphorical pin they can use to pop other people's balloons of satisfaction, happiness or other moods.

This is not complaining about complaints, this is a criticism of complaints, I think you will observe.

Therefore this venting you're talking about, is an expression of the addictive pattern that comes from complaining or being angry. When you complain or you're angry, ask yourself: "What am I defending?". If you complain about the Mann Co. Store in Team Fortress 2, you're probably trying to defend the sense of internal satisfaction you had with whatever items you had before items could be bought. If you complain about bad traffic, that might be because you're trying to defend your personal appearance to others in how punctual you are (which would be damaged if you were late because of the bad traffic).

Take it as you will, the idea that being a complainer is an addictive behavior. One might notice that they could be addicted to complaining.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.