Vent

When video game companies port over a game to PC, and when they say it's controller combatable, they mean "we only take an x-box 360 controller). Now there's two categories here:

1.) They say they want an x-box 360 controller, and they mean it. No matter what controller you plug in, nothing will work, you're forced to use one, or keyboard and mouse. Now, I don't mind using a keyboard and mouse, but when I want to use my controller, and I feel the game runs better on controller, I would like to use my controller. I do not want to be forced to buy a 360 controller, and I'm never going to use on on my computer. I already have a controller, I don't need another. Just let me use whatever controller I want. Which brings me to the other category.

2.) You can use whatever controller you want, but it's obvious the want you to use a 360 controller, hell the icons in-game are that of the 360's, and not a generic kind that fits for any PC oriented controller. What's worse is more often than not, the default, unchangable controls suck. At least Sonic Generations gives me the ability to change the controls on my controller, and they give me a visual aid when doing so, why can't other games do that, if they have to use the 360's template/icons? So, I thank games like Mark of the Ninja, and Sonic Generations for allowing me to use any controller I feel like (although MOTN is better on keyboard and mouse) but at least change the icons to generic PC controls, if anything. It's confusing to see "Press A to jump" and I have to remember that "Oh when they say "A" they mean this button on my controller. Final Fantasy 8 for PC did it best with B1-B12.

All in all, I don't hate the 360 controller, but when a game gives me the option to use my own controller, I would like to fully embrace that, and not see any traces of the 360.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Hello, old friend. It's been a while, eh?

So I woke up early this morning and went downstairs to find a note that simply said :

"Went to pick up Dad - Mom"

I'd assumed Dad had been hanging out with friends and needed a ride home because he was drunk and thought nothing of it. Then, after several hours of watching videos, I went downstairs to grab some food. Dad was sitting in the TV room on his laptop and says hi. He then tells me that he might need my help today because he got himself into a lot of trouble.

My dad got pulled over for a DUI.

I'm not sure how our family's going to deal with this. It's going to cost a fucking boat full of money to pay for everything. He might lose his license. Fuck, he might lose his fucking job. After 20 years, he finally gets a stable job that won't lay him off when the company makes lower profits, and he goes and puts it in jeopardy with this.

Can't say I'm surprised this happened. He's always been the kind of person who thinks he's okay to drive, and I'm sure in this case he was. But when you drive as fast as he does, you get pulled over for speeding. And even if you think you're okay, the car still smells and you still smell and then the cop pulls you out and tests you and now you're in a world of shit.

Now, if he does lose his job, it's going to be near impossible to get a new one. My mom's income is enough to keep us alive, but certainly not comfortably. I don't know what to expect, but it won't be good.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

You know what pisses me off? Let's say I'm driving at night, and I see a car coming. K, I'll dim my headlights so you don't get blinded, crash, and die horribly.

Oh. Okay, so you're not going to bother to dim yours? Well, go fuck yourself with a rusty machete, kind sir.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

You know what pisses me off? Let's say I'm driving at night, and I see a car coming. K, I'll dim my headlights so you don't get blinded, crash, and die horribly.

Oh. Okay, so you're not going to bother to dim yours? Well, go fuck yourself with a rusty machete, kind sir.

Collective Foal +1'd your comment!

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

>be me

>shoveling snow

>finally, almost done

>plow truck comes along

>ogodno.jpg

>plow truck pushes all of the snow that wasn't even close to my driveway, DIRECTLY ON TOP OF MY DRIVEWAY

>fuck it goin to bed

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Relevant to Sparkle's last vent:

Excuse me sir, turning on your highbeams does not properly compensate for the fact that one of your headlights is out.

Letter to Google +

Dear Google:

Why do you force me to use my full real name? What is the rationale? Remember when they had the Police Officer's come to the school, and talk to the 5 year old kids (god, they grow fast now!) about internet safety. The first thing they tell you is to not put personal information out there...

And what are you forcing us to do?

gt+++small+town+cops+_7e945fd3bcf91238349274e0377734f5.jpg

Those small town cops aren't happy, Google. But that's not the only problem. What about self esteem? Have you ever stopped to consider this?:

Billy M signs up to Youtube to comment on Power Rangers YTP videos. Billy M has to enter his full name. He knows the small town cops told him to be careful, but he though he could trust Google. So, he watches the Power Ranger's YTP, chopped full of bad sex jokes, cheap voice splicing, and OVER 9000. Meanwhile, Billy's teacher, Mrs. Y, is trying to find an educational video on Youtube, when she stumbles upon Billy's comment on this video.

Mrs. Y the next day in class pulls Billy aside and tells him that he needs to stop watching the videos, and her opinion of here once favorite student declines drastically. So Billy tries to make it up, trying ever harder, but Mrs. Y knows the truth. Finally, Billy cannot live with the pain of not being a teacher's pet, and KILLS HIMSELF.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT GOOGLE? SUICIDE?!

Or what about if person Y makes a video, and person X, who he knows in real life, makes a trolly comment. Y gets mad, breaks into the local firestation, and steals a chainsaw (not that logger BS either, we're talking composite bladed Firefighter quality saw), and proceeds to X's house to.... do the deed.

GEEZ GOOGLE +, YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED SUICIDE, MURDER, AND ANGRY COPS.

Please discontinue your attempt to be the next facebook immediately.

-Angry Customer

I think after nearly 18 years, I finally fucking learned this lesson.

People don't deserve second chances, because honestly they'll just go right back to the way they used to be. It's so fucking predictable. No matter how resolved they seem, everyone is set in their ways and whether they want to or not, they won't ever change, especially if it's only going to benefit others and not them. You can put your faith in someone, but if they EVER betray that faith, you damn well better not put your trust in them again unless you're some sort of emotional masochist, because you can guarantee without a fucking doubt, that they'll just betray you again.

Anybody who says they can change themselves is full of shit. Just like New Year's resolutions. Honestly, what percent of people actually go through with their resolutions? I'd say it's somewhere between 1% and less. People are selfish and assholes by nature, and that's just the way things are. Hopefully, they're the kind of asshole that goes well with YOUR brand of asshole.

Or what about if person Y makes a video, and person X, who he knows in real life, makes a trolly comment. Y gets mad, breaks into the local firestation, and steals a chainsaw (not that logger BS either, we're talking composite bladed Firefighter quality saw), and proceeds to X's house to.... do the deed.

I applaud Y's efforts. Trolling is a disease of the Internet, a cancer.

Should I take that as support for Google + then? :P

Should I take that as support for Google + then? :P

As long as trolls are gone (dead or living). Just keep in mind the trolling problem existed before Google +'s efforts.

You are aware that the majority of Tsar's vent there was a joke, right?

Guys... once again I decided to came back, and this time I hope for a little longer. Sorry for my long ass ignorance on this site. I missed you.

Right now I'm laying in my bed with a fiver and cold and... depression sort of. Yeah, I can't remember what happened after the new year, this whole month was like a nightmare for me. And right now I'm more pissed off than I even been. It hurts when you have a close friend and help him, try to be the nicest to him but then he just gets mad at you when you have a bad day and ends up with your frindship like ment nothing. I can't belive how some people are able to push you away after you did so much to them...

I thought I neeed a break from everything but looks like I gotta jus keep going.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Why am I everyone's god damned outlet? I gave that fucking shit up a while ago when I realized the satisfaction of helping EVERYONE out with their problems didn't counterbalance the pain and agony and unhelped problems I have. I used to let everyone talk to me about their bullshit. Junior year, I was like the motherfucking school counselor. In 5 minutes, a girl I barely knew told me about her shitty family life and alcoholism for christ's sakes! I craved the attention and the feeling of pride I got when someone would leave a conversation feeling better than when they started. I LOVED being a shoulder to cry on. But god dammit if it didn't drive me to nearly blowing my fucking brains out with my dad's shotgun. I've had my fill of helping people. Why can't I get some fucking help from time to time? Nobody else ever talks the problems away or makes them better. All anyone else ever does is vent, rather than say the right thing at the right time, they just say "yeah man, that fucking sucks." I'm so fucking tired of this one way bullshit.

Hey, photobucket, why the fuck won't you let anyone directly link to images anymore?

You see that URL you so helpfully provide down there at the side? The one that says 'direct link'? Well, see, it's funny, that actually used to directly link to the image. Now it just leads to the image's page in the album.

Literally, that's all it's supposed to do. Link directly to the image you're trying to show, and nothing else. It used to do that, now it won't. Oh, what's that? It's so whoever follows the link has to look at all the obnoxious ads that cover the page? Well, go fuck yourself, I'm switching to imgur since they know what 'direct' means.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Hey, photobucket, why the fuck won't you let anyone directly link to images anymore?

You see that URL you so helpfully provide down there at the side? The one that says 'direct link'? Well, see, it's funny, that actually used to directly link to the image. Now it just leads to the image's page in the album.

Literally, that's all it's supposed to do. Link directly to the image you're trying to show, and nothing else. It used to do that, now it won't. Oh, what's that? It's so whoever follows the link has to look at all the obnoxious ads that cover the page? Well, go fuck yourself, I'm switching to imgur since they know what 'direct' means.

the name's riley

>not using imgur

my god I'm just pissning myself again and I feel like punching the nearest person in the face.

I am so tired of people who goes close to you, play nice and stuff, so you build up a very closed and good friendship. you do stuff together, speak about things you would usually not and be almost in love with each other, like you know, not lust love or anything just like two good friends, then suddenly out of nowhere you the other person finds out new better friends or no matter how much you try to make him feel happy he threats you like a piece of crap. Then leaves without even saying goodbye because how freaky clingy and "friendly" you are. I would throw everything away only to speak to that person, I would give him my whole free time and my life, but no. They don't need you, cause you are not good enough...

fine....

I hate those ppl who can just wake up and tell ther friends (who are theirs real friggin friends and possibly the only one) "piss off I'm bored with you"

Good. Fine, fuck well done and have luck fining better friends.

I'm fucking mad at anyone who could ever said such thing to me ever again.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

my god I'm just pissning myself again and I feel like punching the nearest person in the face.

I am so tired of people who goes close to you, play nice and stuff, so you build up a very closed and good friendship. you do stuff together, speak about things you would usually not and be almost in love with each other, like you know, not lust love or anything just like two good friends, then suddenly out of nowhere you the other person finds out new better friends or no matter how much you try to make him feel happy he threats you like a piece of crap. Then leaves without even saying goodbye because how freaky clingy and "friendly" you are. I would throw everything away only to speak to that person, I would give him my whole free time and my life, but no. They don't need you, cause you are not good enough...

fine....

I hate those ppl who can just wake up and tell ther friends (who are theirs real friggin friends and possibly the only one) "piss off I'm bored with you"

Good. Fine, fuck well done and have luck fining better friends.

I'm fucking mad at anyone who could ever said such thing to me ever again.

If you ever need help torturing someone like that, I'm up for it.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.