Vent

Wish I could +1 Ninja's and K4's posts...

Yeah, I know that Feminism started good, but it very rapidly turned into hate. Unfortunate doesn't even begin to touch it.

We really should just throw all the bigots into a giant pit, then fill it with molten slag. (this includes the people that claim to be for equality, but are really for their own supremacy over everyone else)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the feminist community are striving for equality, but feminazi's have just ruined everything. X3

No idea how my vent over gay marriage has turned into this but okay. XD Sorry moderators.

For OT and Forum-rule sake, we should all just shut up now. XP

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

No idea how my vent over gay marriage has turned into this but okay.
Guilty. It was the generalisation of the movement as a whole that made me nearly burst a blood vessel. But I do agree on the negative sentiment towards the extremists... when people do stupid/horrible things in the name of something - the woman who aborted her six-month foetus because it was a boy and she "didn't want to bring up another monster". That is NOT feminism. That is ignorance and cruelty being passed off as feminism.
For OT and Forum-rule sake' date=' we should all just shut up now. XP[/quote']Very wise. New topic:

I need to replace the wire on my Sennheiser HD205s as it's been cutting out for a while now. I opened up and I saw they'd put a knot in the cable itself as a means to keep the cable in place inside the enclosure.

Don't put knots in your cables, people! Especially if they're as thin and delicate as headphone wires!

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Wish I could +1 Ninja's and K4's posts...

Yeah, I know that Feminism started good, but it very rapidly turned into hate. Unfortunate doesn't even begin to touch it.

We really should just throw all the bigots into a giant pit, then fill it with molten slag. (this includes the people that claim to be for equality, but are really for their own supremacy over everyone else)

Feminism was a movement that actually did further social progress by making it so that woman are equal to men in every respect, at least as far as the law is concerned. There are some things that women are not equal in, but no more so than men who also have problems that could be considered even worse, even as far as the law goes. (Things like fathers, a lot of the time, not being able to take custody of their child even if the mother doesn't want it; women being given lesser sentences for committing the same crime as a man; the incredible lack of shelters for men vs. shelters for women, etc.) Meanwhile, things like the Wage Gap have been debunked over and over again as being statistically untrue. Anybody who believes that a woman who has the same job as a man earns less money based solely on her gender because patriarchy needs to get their head checked. Women, on average, earn less than men because there are more cases of there being women not working (stay-at-home moms, housewives, etc.) than men, not because woman literally earn less money individually for the same job, ffs. There's more to it than just that to disprove it, but really, the whole discussion is so pointless that I don't even know why people still bring it up, other than to prove how insane it is.

Nowadays it's all BS statistics and confirmation bias, like all the idiot parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids because 'they might get autism' despite no credible facts supporting that. I don't like feminism and I don't like MRA's, I recognize that both genders have problems and faults but everybody else seems to have an 'It's us or them!' mentality and it's frickin' bullshit. (The same goes for racial matters, too. Racism is still pretty prevalent even today, but for SJWs - white and non-white - they feel it's important to completely shun the majority of the white race because 'they're the problem' for even existing.)

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

The thing is though outside the law side of things(work place, etc) sexism is still very much real. If anything, this is what the feminist movement should be focusing their efforts towards, and in a way a lot of them are.

Don't get me wrong. I respect the movement but there's not much I hate more than people who find every opportunity to rub it in the worlds face or spends all day blogging about it on tumblr like that's gonna actually stop fix the problem in any way shape or form. They claim "It's to raise awareness!" Well at this point the world is pretty much aware. If you're trying to tell the sexists they're being sexist, well they probably already know and don't care. Ranting about it on a blog is simply annoying, not helpful.

I hate SJW's so much. They trot around like they're the face of justice but never actually do anything to help. They're like that guy in a movie that spends the whole fight cowering behind something and when it's over he walks out and says something like "well, that was no trouble at all. All thanks to me, of course!"

Retired Forum Moderator

...spends all day blogging about it on tumblr like that's gonna actually fix the problem in any way shape or form.

Damn straight. People need to go outside and *DO* the stuff they talk about.

Oh my God guys. I told everyone to shut up and you're even noisier. It's like trying to talk to a bunch of deaf/blind 5 year olds. XD The moderators, they're watching us, everywhere. *eye twitches*

It's fine. X3 At least you're not ripping heads off.

OT to stop ya'll having another fidget serious discussion battle ground on here, not pointing any fingers to who resurrected it:

Why do parents gotta be so weird about things. Asian culture really sucks sometimes. :I I don't want to be a part of it. I like my western society thanks.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

At least you're not ripping heads off.
It's amazing what happens when the word 'Feminism' is mentioned. Without fail xD But yes, I don't think there's much more to be said, before we need a Mod to draw the line.
Why do parents gotta be so weird about things. Asian culture really sucks sometimes. :I I don't want to be a part of it. I like my western society thanks.

What parts of Asian culture are they using? Are they enforcing it?

It's amazing what happens when the word 'Feminism' is mentioned.

Honestly, I should never have gotten a Tumblr.

Like this shit, fuck this shit:

tumblr_npyv7jSXGB1r5x7c3o1_540.png

Let's just never have violent videogames ever again. Every videogame from now on should be like we're playing Teletubbies. Nobody gets hurt, nobody gets offended, nobody gets any sort of feeling at all because NOTHING WOULD BE HAPPENING.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Well your first problem is reading anything by Anita Sarkeesian.

I had to get xkit on tumblr solely for the Blacklist and post block addon. it's become so much more enjoyable now that I can forever block obnoxiousness from my dashboard.

Retired Forum Moderator

And that brings us gracefully into another well-trodden, but still necessary, vent:

Violence in videogames. Why are people so bloody bothered about this? Time and time again, studies PROVE that violence among young people are NOT correlated with the videogames they play. There's probably a higher (though still negligable) correlation between IRL violence and what they see on TV and films (most of my violent fantasies these days are inspired by the SAW films and a basic understanding of psychology, but that's beside the point).

Playing a violent videogame is a cathartic experience that can sometimes help let off frustration that could have otherwise been let off in a physical - and dangerous manner. In a rage? Massacre a fuckton of zombies in L4D or similar.

If playing Grand Theft Auto makes you want to grab your father's hunting rifle and start taking potshots at passing motorists, then not only are you talking shite, you most likely have been brought up poorly. It's a lack of engagement and interaction between parent and child that is a big factor in said child doing silly and dangerous things. And if it's not parents, it's REAL LIFE people they interact with that contribute to their behaviour, NOT whether or not they shanked a bunch of pixels with a screwdriver in the North Point Mall (which I did many times, for the novelty and funny stabbing animation).

And the VAST MAJORITY of people rallying against these types of games don't actually play them, don't generally play videogames, and have pretty shitey morals elsewhere. They can all get tae Fuck.

PS conversely it is perfectly fine to have 'reservations' about the exposure of violence in games to your kids (my mother admits she was), but again, it's YOUR job to make sure your child develops a moral compass that doesn't make them as sociopathic IRL as they are in the game.

-censorship-

Hi, welcome to Germany.

THEY CENSORED FUCKING FLATOUT 2 AND FLATOUT ULTIMATE CARNAGE.

THOSE ARE RACING GAMES

ARE THEY SERIOUSLY TOO VIOLENT

Here's something I posted in another forum:

To quote german politician Edmund "Gobshite" Stoiber: "They [violent games] incite adolescents to kill other humans."( http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/debatte-um-killer-spiele-sie-animieren-jugendliche-andere-menschen-zu-toeten-1.893849)

This is all because those psycho c***s who go on massacres in schools played these kinds of games, but who doesn't? I see it as an insult that my sanity is questioned. I play violent games and I have never harmed another human being except for a few cases where it was either an accident or they really deserved it.

...sh*t, maybe they were right...

Anyways, people who do get incited to kill others must have previously been psychologically f**ked in the head, meaning that the real problem is early prevention. No one murders a real person because they like how polygons bleed pixels. Everyone knows the difference between a virtual world and reality.

So if they censor Watch_Dogs I will personally tear them a new a**hole.

I had a heart attack today. I am 22, and in (mostly) good health. So how in the fuck was that a thing?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Stress? Undiagnosed heart problem? I assume you went to the hospital. Did the doctors have any ideas?

Censorship in general is always abused... Preventing minors that don't have permission from their legal guardians from seeing things they shouldn't, good. Preventing consenting adults from seeing anything at all, bad.

As for the heart attack... There is no age restriction on heart attacks. My first one was when I was 14, (very minor, didn't realize that was what it was until I had one happen while a doctor was listening to my heart, somewhere in my early 20's) long before I was overweight and out of shape. (wait, round is a shape... lol)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Remember kiddies, being stressed doesn't give you the right or excuse to be a little b*tch.

This chick wouldn't take the f*cking hint that I didn't want to go see her music performance. But I'm trying to be nice about it. I give her excuses like; "Don't have money for it." "Don't have transport to get there." "I'm too busy." Yet she pesters me like a freaking five year old child. I can't exactly say; "You suck. I don't want to see your performance."

But she pestered me so much I think she just made it worse for her when she found out I just didn't want to go. Now she won't stop giving me death glares, saying snappy comments that make me want to stick my middle finger up at her secretly. Which I did. Secretly. A little "Screw you" present to myself.

With exams rolling around, everyone is so stressed. Goodness gracious me. It's torture for me, who barely gets stressed over this stuff. X3 I'm just seeing everyone go ape whilst I sip at my tea.

-------

With exams rolling around, everyone is so stressed. Goodness gracious me. It's torture for me, who barely gets stressed over this stuff. X3 I'm just seeing everyone go ape whilst I sip at my tea.

NO ARGUMENT THERE. :evil:

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

NO ARGUMENT THERE. :evil:

Well not you. X3 I mean, physically... DESTROYED. They crumble down in front of me, practically tearing up on my shoes. Get off me ya buggers. XD I dunno. I'm there for them at least. I'm just the person to be cried on when it comes to this crap. XD Cause everyone knows I can just shrug it off, as I don't have any issues myself. But then there's people who are just plain rude. Like, talk behind my back, as if I couldn't hear them. You'd think being a musician would make me slightly more deaf than others. Nope. I can still hear your bullshitting.

-------