Vent

Two quick, related, rants:

1. The whole fucking world knows when I'm trying to write something, doesn't it? No, not literally, of course. But DAMMIT I get interrupted just CONSTANTLY whenever I try to write ANYTHING. Jesus FUCK, leave me alone!

2. I am an atheist. I am not Richard Dawkins. If you are a creationist, I do not agree with you. That does NOT make it my job to argue with you about it. Especially not on a daily basis. It IS Richard Dawkins' job, and he is way better at it than I am. Go bother him, or I swear I will FIND a way to ignore you to death. I am surprised you people haven't gone deaf from my door slamming in your face when you wake me up at nine every goddamn morning. I can slam it harder if it will make you harass somebody else who doesn't have better things to do than waste their time debating the same three pre-recorded messages every single day. In short, jesus fuck, leave me alone.

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I just wanted to go on record saying that "Fear The Walking Dead" is a dumb title.

How about "The Walking Dead: Downfall" or "The Walking Dead: End Times" or "The Walking Dead: Lifetime Movie of the Week Edition"?

Someone needs to be fed to the zombies, pronto.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

So... Because I didn't go along with my friend for a mere 20 minute walk, I am the worst friend and most selfish human being she's ever met. :I Uhm... Thanks. I guess.

Thankfully I'm pretty good at keeping calm. X3 So I just kinda sat there and copped all of it until she finally left after she realized I was NOT going to come. Although, that sometimes makes me seem like an uncaring douche. XD Ah. Society tells us that we should just say "no" and tell people what we want. But they didn't tell us the part about being insulted for saying "no".

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Points for keeping your cool, a lot of people need to learn this. Also, real true friends wouldn't care if you don't always hang out with them. I'm going to reference an episode of a specific show that's basically taboo here, however, it's going to be in spoilers so if you don't want to see it, you don't have to. No one's forcing you. Also, yes, it is very relevant here.

In an episode of My Little Pony, Pinkie Pie makes copies/clones of herself, so that they all can hang out with all of her friends at the same time, long story short, at the end of the episode, Pinkie learns that you can't please all your friends all the time, and that sometimes it is better to say 'no' to hanging out with them.

What's sad is the show is teaching these lessons, that are meant for little girls, and yet, teens-adults still need to learn these lessons.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Sometimes I run into a problem with Unity coding that searching for the answer makes me feel like an idiot. Why? Not because the solution was simple or I just overlooked something. No, it makes me feel like an idiot because there's literally nothing on what I'm trying to figure out which really makes me feel like the only person who can't figure it out.

EXAMPLE TIME.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to rebind a games control scheme ingame, which like everything else, is handled in scripts. Now, I know about the input tab in the editor which allows me to assign keys to axis names which you can then call in a script (W and S would be bound to "Vertical" and called by Input.GetAxis("Vertical") and so on.) which is all well and good if I just only want to check if the key is pressed. There's also "Input.GetKey(Keycode.W)" or whatever but that's even less helpful because that's the direct input key instead of the actual binding.

But no. Everything I search people are all "Just use the input tab in unity" Like no that's not gonna help because the unity editor isn't going to be accessible in a finished game. I want the player to be able to change their keys while the game is running via a submenu accessible from the game menu. "Oh well the player can just set the keys in the launcher like all unity games" okay, fine, how the fuck does that help anyone who's ALREADY LAUNCHED THE GAME?! This doesn't answer anyone's question why do so many people say that? No one is gonna be happy at all if they have to restart the game every time they want to rebind their keys!

I found one tutorial video. ONE tutorial video. And the video only showed it in action. If I want to see the script? Gotta pay. It's only like 2 dollars but wtf, why is their only one person ever to have documented the existence of this phenomenon and why's it gotta be the one to lure you in with false promises and then ask for money?

Am I like missing something blatantly obvious?

Edit: Finally found something and no wonder there's nothing on it. The only method I could find is convoluted as hell.

Retired Forum Moderator

I always did wonder why I couldn't rebind keys in-game in Unity... Now I know. I feel for you.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Okay... I don't mind helping people with their technological problems. But if you, the technology impaired person, tell me I'm doing it all wrong, I will slap you. XD Geez. As I was installing a program for my mother, she shouts; "Why are you choosing the US as our country?"

"Uh. I'm not?"

"Yes you are, look!" She points to the language selection. -_- US(English). There is no Australia(English). Just stop. You want me to help? Stop pointing at every dot on the screen, telling me I'm not doing it right. If I'm helping you, I expect you to sit in your chair and shut up. XD Just let me sort it out myself. Geez.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I read The Turner Diaries and Hunter in the same week.

I feel like I have fucking brain damage from that experience. If anyone is wondering what those titles are, then for the love of God or whatever you believe in, Don't go searching for the damn things. It will only harm your soul.

Thank goodness I'm a patient human being. I TRY to be a good person... But I am NOT going to be happy if they respond with; "Oh. No. I did this. I did it first cause I'm smarter than you."

Like, what!? Are you five years old??

-------

Thank goodness I'm a patient human being. I TRY to be a good person... But I am NOT going to be happy if they respond with; "Oh. No. I did this. I did it first cause I'm smarter than you."

Like, what!? Are you five years old??

As long as you're older than them, you can always come back with "I took my first breath before you, so I must be WAY smarter than you."

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Just need to get this out of my system.

So my bandmate just found out I knew he slept with the girl that he knew I really liked. It was last year, and I'm all fine with it all now, but talking about it gave me a rush of emotions that are making me feel kinda shitty. Bawwwwwwwls. Man am I glad it's all in the past. Things are much better nowadays.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

The first sentence took me 2 minutes to wrap my head around. XD All good.

I'm sorry you feel shitty though. :( Shitty is not pleasant. XP Are you and your bandmate all good? No conflict anymore? Hope it's alright for ya.

-------

Yeah, we're fine :) In fact I'm moving in with him at the end of the month. I guess my resentment for him is canceled out by my resentment for the girl, as the more I think about it, the more I was led on.

Funnily, they've now both said I have every right to hate the pair of them. But I don't. I'm not hateful enough to do that.

I did want to quit the band and quit Uni and move back to Scotland, but I couldn't let all the BS get on top of me. And I'm out the other end now, and in a much better place, even if things are still pretty purgatory-y for me while I look for a job and such.

There's a lovely lass I'm very fond of, but I'm not going to push or force anything. I don't need nor want the drama.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

*Deep breaths. Deep breaths.*

Okay, so there is a pretty nice Steam Sale going on right now with lots of cool games. Games I'd like to have, games like F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Dead Island and many others. I want to play them. I want to buy them. But there is a problem:

MOTHERF***ING GERMAN CENSORSHIP C***S ONLY MAKING LOW-VIOLENCE VERSIONS OF GOOD GAMES AVAILABLE IN GERMANY

THEY TAKE THE BEST PART OF GAMES LIKE LEFT4DEAD 2 AND WORLD AT WAR AND THROW THEM IN THE F***ING BIN

WHAT THE F*** IS THE POINT OF A NON-VIOLENT SHOOTER? AND SOME GAMES, LIKE DEAD ISLAND DON'T EVEN SHOW UP IN THE STORE PAGE AT ALL

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS BULLF***ING HORSES*** AND DON'T TELL ME THAT I CAN JUST INSTALL A PATCH - I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DOWNLOAD S*** JUST TO GET THE FULL GAME EXPERIENCE. ITS LIKE EVERYONE ON THE ENTIRE WORLD CAN HAVE CHEESE ON TOAST AND I CAN HAVE ONLY TOAST.

Also, being bi-lingual I like to play games in both German and English

WELL GUESS WHAT SOME OF THESE GAMES HAVE THE LOW-VIOLENCE VERSION ONLY AVAILABLE IN GERMAN

THIS IS THE KIND OF S*** THAT LEADS TO PIRACY. THIS IS THE KIND OF S*** THAT LEADS TO LOST SALES

...uh, wow. I'm usually pretty calm, but this subject... sorry about that. Well, I guess it could be worse- I heard Australia is even more strict!

BUT THEY DON'T CENSOR ALL NAZI REFERENCES, SO THEY AT LEAST GET THE SATISFACTION OF NON-VIOLENTLY "KILLING" NAZIS

EDIT: Wow, I really feel a lot more calm after posting this! This Vent thread works!

Oh. Australia and it's censorship. X3 I don't think I play enough of those games to really find it has an effect on me. But I think it's the most retarded thing ever. XD Like, we have TV shows and movies that show blood, guts, gore - that's okay! So... a game is different? What??

My laptop is actually from America, pre-installed with games, so my L4D2 is the American version. :P But personally, I don't mind if it's censored or not. That stuff usually doesn't bother me. I still think it's the most retarded law thing ever though. XD

I can understand your frustrations though! XP And oh yes, this vent thread works. :3

-------

*Deep breaths. Deep breaths.*

Okay, so there is a pretty nice Steam Sale going on right now with lots of cool games. Games I'd like to have, games like F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Dead Island and many others. I want to play them. I want to buy them. But there is a problem:

MOTHERF***ING GERMAN CENSORSHIP C***S ONLY MAKING LOW-VIOLENCE VERSIONS OF GOOD GAMES AVAILABLE IN GERMANY

THEY TAKE THE BEST PART OF GAMES LIKE LEFT4DEAD 2 AND WORLD AT WAR AND THROW THEM IN THE F***ING BIN

WHAT THE F*** IS THE POINT OF A NON-VIOLENT SHOOTER? AND SOME GAMES, LIKE DEAD ISLAND DON'T EVEN SHOW UP IN THE STORE PAGE AT ALL

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS BULLF***ING HORSES*** AND DON'T TELL ME THAT I CAN JUST INSTALL A PATCH - I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DOWNLOAD S*** JUST TO GET THE FULL GAME EXPERIENCE. ITS LIKE EVERYONE ON THE ENTIRE WORLD CAN HAVE CHEESE ON TOAST AND I CAN HAVE ONLY TOAST.

Also, being bi-lingual I like to play games in both German and English

WELL GUESS WHAT SOME OF THESE GAMES HAVE THE LOW-VIOLENCE VERSION ONLY AVAILABLE IN GERMAN

THIS IS THE KIND OF S*** THAT LEADS TO PIRACY. THIS IS THE KIND OF S*** THAT LEADS TO LOST SALES

...uh, wow. I'm usually pretty calm, but this subject... sorry about that. Well, I guess it could be worse- I heard Australia is even more strict!

BUT THEY DON'T CENSOR ALL NAZI REFERENCES, SO THEY AT LEAST GET THE SATISFACTION OF NON-VIOLENTLY "KILLING" NAZIS

EDIT: Wow, I really feel a lot more calm after posting this! This Vent thread works!

Shouldn't you be able to VPN into the American store and purchase them there?

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

Oh. Australia and it's censorship. X3 I don't think I play enough of those games to really find it has an effect on me. But I think it's the most retarded thing ever. XD Like, we have TV shows and movies that show blood, guts, gore - that's okay! So... a game is different? What??

My laptop is actually from America, pre-installed with games, so my L4D2 is the American version. :P But personally, I don't mind if it's censored or not. That stuff usually doesn't bother me. I still think it's the most retarded law thing ever though. XD

I can understand your frustrations though! XP And oh yes, this vent thread works. :3

Australia: When everything's trying to kill you... oh man... I, wow, this failed harder than Yamcha.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

My dad STILL treats me like a fucking kid who doesn't know anything sometimes.An almost 18 year old guy.And some of my classmates STILL make fun of me on purpose.(Every school i've been through it's been like this.)And it REALLY frustrates me that no matter what I did before through my life and I will do now WON'T.MAKE.A DAMN.FUCKING.DIFFERENCE.

I got nobody to talk to who can understand me and be a real friend to me.Nobody who's got my back.I don't think my parents and other adults will help much.But then again,IT NEVER MADE A SINGLE DIFFERENCE THROUGH MY LIFE.

EVER.

I'll probably be remembered for being a stupid loser who's a big baby and a total freak.And because of those assholes my psyche is pretty fucked up.NO FUCKING WONDER i'm a socially-awkward/anti-social bastard.Hell,let's add to the list-I'm going to fail at life.REALLY BADLY.

AM I THAT PATHETIC? CAN I GET ANYMORE PATHETIC?!!

.....I don't think suicide is even an option anymore.I'll suffer mercilessly for the rest of my pathetic life.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

My dad STILL treats me like a fucking kid who doesn't know anything sometimes.An almost 18 year old guy.And some of my classmates STILL make fun of me on purpose.(Every school i've been through it's been like this.)And it REALLY frustrates me that no matter what I did before through my life and I will do now WON'T.MAKE.A DAMN.FUCKING.DIFFERENCE.

I got nobody to talk to who can understand me and be a real friend to me.Nobody who's got my back.I don't think my parents and other adults will help much.But then again,IT NEVER MADE A SINGLE DIFFERENCE THROUGH MY LIFE.

EVER.

I'll probably be remembered for being a stupid loser who's a big baby and a total freak.And because of those assholes my psyche is pretty fucked up.NO FUCKING WONDER i'm a socially-awkward/anti-social bastard.Hell,let's add to the list-I'm going to fail at life.REALLY BADLY.

AM I THAT PATHETIC? CAN I GET ANYMORE PATHETIC?!!

.....I don't think suicide is even an option anymore.I'll suffer mercilessly for the rest of my pathetic life.

You need a friend, buddy. You use Skype IM at all?

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.