Vent

The one with Ed's face.

latest?cb=20121211010927

I'm still not seeing you. Lot of Bulgarians, though.

How about you add me? I'm Rliant1864 on Skype.

I'll be on only a little this weekend (writing project) but after Tuesday I'll be on more. Hit me up anytime I'm online, I only log in when I can chat back.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

My dad STILL treats me like a fucking kid who doesn't know anything sometimes.An almost 18 year old guy.And some of my classmates STILL make fun of me on purpose.(Every school i've been through it's been like this.)And it REALLY frustrates me that no matter what I did before through my life and I will do now WON'T.MAKE.A DAMN.FUCKING.DIFFERENCE.

I got nobody to talk to who can understand me and be a real friend to me.Nobody who's got my back.I don't think my parents and other adults will help much.But then again,IT NEVER MADE A SINGLE DIFFERENCE THROUGH MY LIFE.

EVER.

I'll probably be remembered for being a stupid loser who's a big baby and a total freak.And because of those assholes my psyche is pretty fucked up.NO FUCKING WONDER i'm a socially-awkward/anti-social bastard.Hell,let's add to the list-I'm going to fail at life.REALLY BADLY.

AM I THAT PATHETIC? CAN I GET ANYMORE PATHETIC?!!

.....I don't think suicide is even an option anymore.I'll suffer mercilessly for the rest of my pathetic life.

Wow.... This.... This is pretty much me, my life... Are you me, but me from a parallel world? A younger me from a parallel world? I mean, take that ^, and add "23, single af, and have no job, next to impossible to get a job."

Vent time: I've noticed that when I've been typing my dreams in the "dream sharing" thread, I've been typing them like they were stories (is this normal for anyone else?). Hell, the dreams I do remember, I remember like they were stories. Like they would be interesting movies/books/tv episodes kind of stories (if expanded upon). Now, I don't really see myself as a writer. Maybe it's a hidden talent of mine, who knows? I mean, I tend to struggle in figuring out how to word sentences to convey what I mean, like right now. The stories I dream up, would be great for (SFM) animations (like the climbing one). However, I don't want to rely on my dreams to come up with stories for animations, well at least not solely rely on them. Now I know one rule of writing is to draw from your own experience. Which is great, I guess, however, I don't really have any life experience. I've never been a father, so I can't do a story like Baby Weems.

Then there's this:

fK82fcqu5hw

(Which is also taken from The Reluctant Dragon, which answered some of my questions, and has re-inspired me on some animation aspects). One thing I wish the movie answered is: HOW THE HELL DID THEY COME UP WITH THAT STORY?! The story about the train? The jokes, the comedic timing, the everything about it. I mean, the premise of train ride, comes across animals, a boat trying to go past the same bridge it wants to cross, almost colliding with a bullet train (at least I think it was a bullet train), and then the storm. How did they come up with this?

I mean, yeah, I do get ideas, and not all of them from dreams (or maybe they are, and I just don't remember?), but, again, I struggle in fleshing them out in words. At least, in a way that can be followed as a story. Take this for example:

Man on rocky ground, stormy night, thunder and lighting, he looks up a giant of a mountain. The climb will be daunting.

That's something I've had in my head for a long time. Like since 2010. Yeah, that long. I've done nothing with it. I have a point A, but no B, C, or D. You know how many unique assets would be needed for SFM? You know how much of a pain it would be to draw, to animate, on paper/2D? The stories I want to do will take me forever. Not unless I can get a crew that would be willing to work, and not just go "yeah that sounds like a great idea" and then nothing happens. I have no money, and no means of an income, so it's not like I can hire writers, 3D modelers, texture artists, whatever. I also have no luck in getting people interested, and stay interested. Not only that, but I need a way to stay motivated myself, and a means to get back in action when I feel burnt out. If I could get the ball rolling, I could be, I don't know, the next George Lucas, er, original Star Wars/1970's George Lucas maybe. I know some of you are talented folks, and might be what I'm looking for (like Blight/Rarity), and Username. Hell, if I could get Ross Scott's help (doubt he would read this). I need help, I need help. I need a team that's motivated, will help each other stay motivated, is willing to work on their tasks, help others, ask for help, stay on task, not lose focus, take breaks, have fun, and enjoy themselves, and the work. I need help.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Man I wish I could get a job programming bots as absolutely shitty as the ones valve decided to force me to play against in CS:GO when the game finder refuses to put me in a group with the 6000 other people playing.

If I ran a game company and they worked for me, I'd fire their ass. I wouldn't even be nice about it. If you can figure out how to make a bot move and shoot then you damn well should be able to figure out how NOT to make them track your head through a wall and stand there and wait for you to enter their site for an instant kill. That's not "hard" that's unfair. at least "hard" indicates there's a chance you can shoot back before you actually die. No, these bots will sit and wait all fucking match if they have to for you to enter their sight. One of them even prefired me. I round a corner and the next thing I know I'm dead to a bots headshot before he's even rendered on my fucking screen.

Lemme guess, those assholes thought "derp periods" are a good balance. Because nothing balances out a bot that can track you from anywhere and shoot you while moving without the penalty YOU get for shooting while moving like having moments where they stare at walls and do nothing. Or is that them perpetually tracking another player who got unlucky enough to spawn within 10 miles of them?

Fucking unbelievable how such shitty coding made it past the planning phase, let alone stay in the game for THREE YEARS. Maybe in those daily 4 meg patches you keep throwing at us with no easy to find patch notes you could maybe throw in SOMETHING to make the bots actually desirable to play against when we're forced to? Doubt you guys are doing anything better with your time anyways.

Retired Forum Moderator

Holy freaking hell. How hard is it to just get a Visualizer for WMP?? I tried one made my freaking Microsoft themselves, AND THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. GRAGH!! Now my WMP is extremely broken and won't even play any of the default visualizers. Thanks!! I didn't progress at all through this troubleshooting experience. I went fucking backwards. It's worse now.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Holy freaking hell. How hard is it to just get a Visualizer for WMP?? I tried one made my freaking Microsoft themselves, AND THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. GRAGH!! Now my WMP is extremely broken and won't even play any of the default visualizers. Thanks!! I didn't progress at all through this troubleshooting experience. I went fucking backwards. It's worse now.

Get K-lite, and use a different player. WMP sucks compared to almost any other free player.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Rather annoyed that I can't get a mod for better faces to work with the Gekokujo mod for Mount & Blade: Warband despite using a version designed for it.

The modified .ini file tries to load resources that just simply don't exist and removing the strings will let the game launch but that creates a lot of bugs. I really can't win.

Also I see the UCP issues are still not resolved.

*Shittin' on WMP*
The WMP that came with Windows XP was great for visualisers, though it lacked in the playback - there wasn't a seamless change between tracks. Either that or my computer at the time (a decade ago) was that underpowered - or hadn't found the right settings.

On the topic of visualisers, I used to help out at my Youth Forum's parties by providing visuals. I used a program called 'Noisecradle', and because of my naivety, bought the public-license version (£100). It was janky and user-unfriendly as fuck. No manual, no save-quit prompt, occasional component-crashes that stopped me from launching the visuals.

A few years ago the website disappeared: www.noisecradle.com and all the menu options took you to the website.

And this year while helping my mate get some visuals for his gig, it utterly died out of the blue. Like, insta-crashing. Reinstalling, redownloading, from different sources, all insta-crash. Both my laptop and his.

But see, when it worked, it was a great piece of kit, and did all I needed to be done.

I've checked out a program called 'Magic', and while it's more powerful, it doesn't provide the simplicity of Noisecradle.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Man I wish I could get a job programming bots as absolutely shitty as the ones valve decided to force me to play against in CS:GO when the game finder refuses to put me in a group with the 6000 other people playing.

If I ran a game company and they worked for me, I'd fire their ass. I wouldn't even be nice about it. If you can figure out how to make a bot move and shoot then you damn well should be able to figure out how NOT to make them track your head through a wall and stand there and wait for you to enter their site for an instant kill. That's not "hard" that's unfair. at least "hard" indicates there's a chance you can shoot back before you actually die. No, these bots will sit and wait all fucking match if they have to for you to enter their sight. One of them even prefired me. I round a corner and the next thing I know I'm dead to a bots headshot before he's even rendered on my fucking screen.

Lemme guess, those assholes thought "derp periods" are a good balance. Because nothing balances out a bot that can track you from anywhere and shoot you while moving without the penalty YOU get for shooting while moving like having moments where they stare at walls and do nothing. Or is that them perpetually tracking another player who got unlucky enough to spawn within 10 miles of them?

Fucking unbelievable how such shitty coding made it past the planning phase, let alone stay in the game for THREE YEARS. Maybe in those daily 4 meg patches you keep throwing at us with no easy to find patch notes you could maybe throw in SOMETHING to make the bots actually desirable to play against when we're forced to? Doubt you guys are doing anything better with your time anyways.

Being a regular versus player in Left 4 Dead (a game which has largely been abandoned for its sequel, effectively forcing one to play against one or two bots in most games), I feel your pain. There are times where the bots will impeccably track a hunter through SEVERAL walls, then whip around and instakill a boomer.

Conversely, they have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=23&v=1vmvNofx1B0

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Dealing with a bit of a sore throat right now. Kind of hurts to breath.

How did you get me sick through the internet?

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

Plot twist: Kydure is actually a computer bug. That's why she's able to help mod stuff, why she's so good with graphical work, and why rliant is now sick. XD I dunno what I'm on about.

My own vent: I wish my sister grew up already. XD Geez. Can't she just mature and realize that not everything is going to go her way??

Seriously. She wants me to teach her how to play 'The Death Waltz' which is an impossible song to play, but I've learnt how to play a simplified version of it that doesn't require like... 80 fucking fingers. This girl, wants to play the simplified version of that, which is still pretty intense, but she struggles to play freaking chopsticks, I swear. She's 13 but acts like she's 5 years old. Can you not just realize that you probably won't even learn the extra simplified version until at LEAST next year?? I played piano for 6 years before I could even touch trying to play 'The Death Waltz'. And even then, after playing it, my fingers hurt really bad. XD It's such a hard but entertaining song. And I'm not teaching it to your weak kiddy fingers. You'll break your fingers even if you try. X3 Gosh damn.

I feel like some black belt karate master getting annoyed by his student that wants to do 3 kicks in the air at once, and this is the first day of their training. XD Oh dear... I just 'love' younger siblings. X3

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I got into a very short fight yesterday with a very assholish guy in my class.He's been making fun of me ever since 8th grade.He was pretty tough.I finally brought up the courage to stand up to him.I punched him right in the face and in turn he punched me in my right cheek,which made me fell over.But I didn't give up.I just didn't care anymore.However,my other classmates and my one of my teachers stopped the fight.We were exchanging a lot of insults at each other.And then the girls(and the guy) STILL made fun of me,which is absolutely BAFFLING.This happened during gym class.After that the other classmates said that he went somewhere away from school.Either he's a coward,or he's plotting something.

I've decided that i'll start training seriously from now on.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude

Why.Why?WHY?!

WHY THIS FUCKING IDIOTIC CLASS OUT OF EVERYONE?!!! WHY DO THEY MAKE THINGS EVEN MORE MISERABLE?!!! I ALREADY GOT A SHITLOAD OF WORK TO DO AND ALL THEY DO IS PISS OFF THE TEACHERS FOR MAKING THE SHITLOAD EVEN WORSE!!!! MY FUCKING SANITY IS DISAPPEARING BECAUSE OF THEIR ASSHOLISHNESS AND LAZINESS!!! THEY DON'T CARE!!!! EVEN MY OTHER SCHOOL'S CLASSES WERE THE SAME,BUT THIS TAKES THE FUCKING CAKE!!!! AND THEY STILL MAKE FUN OF ME,NO MATTER WHAT I DO!!!!

I CAN'T TAKE THIS MISERABLE PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A BULLSHIT LIFE ANYMORE!!!! I WILL DIE ALL FUCKING ALONE!!!!

AAAAAAAAARRGH!!!!

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

Have you tried asking your parents to go to another school? ^_^ If it's causing so much issues, perhaps you can go seek your education elsewhere?

Last time I went to a school that had a lot of quite rude students, I ditched that place and switched school in the middle of a school term. XD Can't say I regret it.

-------

Ignore those assholes, I know its hard but be tough man, don't try to proove them anything, they want you to feel bad, apperently those lowlifes doesn't have much other amusement in life. I pity them. You also should pity them. Move away from them and not let them bring you down, Fight it, but keep on both feet, you are better than them. Sooner or later you will find people who will appreaceate the way you are and not mock you or make fun of you. Apperently you got unlucky and met those assholes for now, but dnot give up, soon hey will be gone after you finish school. Complaining and regretting your own life wont help. Really, it's not worth.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

@Jeb-No,I can't go to another school.They say this school is my last chance.

@Jek-I hope you're right about this.I have to wait another year.

@Jeb-No,I can't go to another school.They say this school is my last chance.

@Jek-I hope you're right about this.I have to wait another year.

idk man, just saying my opinion. I used to be bullied like that in school many times... and now when I finished school I felt much better, met amazing people and not even give a shit about past, however it leaves scars and doubt, but I think it was not worth it to worry about people who are now gone. Really man, cheer up, its gonna be ok.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

You're a better person than those ass fucks, and you deserve people better than them. Just ignore them. As soon as you finish school, you won't be seeing them anymore. You'll be glad when they're gone.

Welp, now what?