Vent

Ah, the one time I need my roomate, he's vanished. Ain't that just the way?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Nothing makes me rage faster and harder than technology that doesn't do what it's supposed to do, or what it says it does.

That mouse was cheap and nasty anyway - I got it for free along with a keyboard that instantly malfunctioned. It worked, but was actually pretty uncomfortable. I'm not going to miss it.

(I may have broken the plastic chassis.)

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

technology that doesn't do what it's supposed to do

Every single computer I've ever bought, built, or otherwise. I mean just now I moved my GPU to another PCI slot on the motherboard in hopes that the crashes were because of that (reinstalling drivers time and time again didn't help). If that doesn't fix it then that means the card itself is faulty which doesn't make much sense to me since it runs 3D fine but crashes hard when video files or 2D games are playing.

Except for earlier today when it crashed for no reason. Which is exactly what I feared was gonna happen eventually. If this keeps up I'm gonna have to dish out another several hundred for a new card and if I have to do that I'm going Nvidia. If it continues to crash on a new card then idkwtf I'm gonna do.

Retired Forum Moderator

It's very piss annoying trying to talk to somebody who has a sudden bad memory, i.e: My boyfriend.

He gets his hopes up, lives off something that's not even a lie, just something he made up cause he can't remember the actual truth, and when I tell him the truth, he gets all sad. Like, fuck me, this wouldn't be so bad but he's forgetting really important details. Like, life-changing details, he's forgetting. You're not supposed to do that!! I can accept forgetting little things like, shopping or favours or whatever. But not life-changing decisions. He's so sensitive too, it makes everything worse.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

So apparently there's a bunch of people out there sour over all the "German is a scary language" videos involving comparing German words to how the rest of the world says it where all the German words are shouted angrily.

Now, the most prominent part of my heritage is German so much so that my last name is German (though the spelling is I believe the Dutch spelling) and I'm incredibly proud of my heritage. And how do I feel about these videos? I find them hilarious. Yes, I know German can be a beautiful language when it isn't shouted. But that's not the point of these videos in the first place. The point is entertainment, amusement, and a silly laugh at the absurdly long spellings of some of their words.

People need to lighten the fuck up and learn to have a sense of humor about themselves a little. Maybe the world won't look so bad if they stopped trying to see everything as bad.

Retired Forum Moderator

So, i feel like an idiot. i've been dating this woman for the past month and some change. I recently asked her where we stood as boyfriend and girlfriend and she told me we're friends...who date. whatever the hell that bullshit means...basically she told me she doesn't want a relationship right now. Also, she told me that she doesn't consider sex as a relationship dependent thing. Basically saying she doesn't have to be romantically involved to fuck you. it sounds like she wants to date me, but have free reign to pork basically anyone who returns a passing glance. So i don't know what to do. i like her smile, she's funny, and adorable, but she's going to hurt me, it's inevitable. I also feel like i should stick around to...i don't know? change her mind? even then there's this nagging feeling that she's going to cheat on me. i mean, do you guys have any idea what it's like for somebody to hurt you and not be able to say anything because she isn't your girlfriend?(even though i consider her as being that. fuck her child logic bullshit, call me old fashioned, but if we're going out, and are romantically involved i feel like being exclusive isn't too much to ask for.) i'm gonna mention that we're both 23. so this dating without the label horsehit just seems all the more ridiculous to me...so what should i do, try explaining how not okay i am with what amounts to a fuck buddy relationship, or cut and run before i start to catch feelings?

Honestly, it's best to just leave her. She may justify her reasoning(s), might give it a term like datesexual or bullshitsexual, or whatever Tumblr teen wants to use (that's a vent for another time). However she looks at it, it's still wrong and bullshit.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Well it looks like you can't expect a romantic relationship from her, so I agree with Psycho Ninja: just leave her. There are a lot of better girls out there for you. You can't start a relationship based on the hope that a person will change, that never works.

I mean seriously, I think she sounds like a dick.

I'm going to express the unpopular opinion and say that there's nothing wrong with what she wants. At all. Clearly you're a bad match, but that isn't anybody's fault and you'll both be better off if you break up with without playing the blame game.

I fully agree with Seattleite here...

Also, that triggers a mini-rant in me - I loath the duplicitous "traditional" morals where if a man sleeps around, people would pat him on the back and call him a "stud". When a woman has sex for pleasure but not wanting commitments, the same people would cry "A whore! Let's stone her!"

But, Kyou, there are so many flags in what you are saying which show me there is no future for you two as a couple! The best way is to not pursue it. Back away while you still can preserve the friendship, because if you try to force it - it may quickly turn into enmity. And the farther you go, the harder it will feel in the end.

Also, I think she is not only being honest with you but still tries to preserve your feelings. Basically, she is saying "I am not going to love you but I definitely think you are good in bed." I think that deserves some respect and gratitude.

Regards

I'm going to express the unpopular opinion and say that there's nothing wrong with what she wants. At all. Clearly you're a bad match, but that isn't anybody's fault and you'll both be better off if you break up with without playing the blame game.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what she wants. I didn't mean to imply that. it's not what i want though. it simply goes that i want a relationship and a future. I'm done sleeping around. i've had that time. Sex is nice and all, but i'd rather have a companion, you know?

I fully agree with Seattleite here...

Also, that triggers a mini-rant in me - I loath the duplicitous "traditional" morals where if a man sleeps around, people would pat him on the back and call him a "stud". When a woman has sex for pleasure but not wanting commitments, the same people would cry "A whore! Let's stone her!"

But, Kyou, there are so many flags in what you are saying which show me there is no future for you two as a couple! The best way is to not pursue it. Back away while you still can preserve the friendship, because if you try to force it - it may quickly turn into enmity. And the farther you go, the harder it will feel in the end.

Also, I think she is not only being honest with you but still tries to preserve your feelings. Basically, she is saying "I am not going to love you but I definitely think you are good in bed." I think that deserves some respect and gratitude.

Regards

Same as i said to Seattleite. I don't morally care what people do in regards to sex and commitments. it's not what i want.

I do appreciate and respect her honesty. in hindsight, she's more honest than a lot of women i've been with. I just had a different impression when we met, and when she laid it all down one night, it really surprised me. she definitely didn't come off as the kind of woman who'd want that kind of relationship(not saying those kind of women are bad people).

I'll think more on it, and eventually talk to her once i work out what to say. Hell, i may be blowing this whole thing out of proportion. :?

@Kyou - Sorry about my rant, ah, I didn't mean specifically you - just the general double standards that are still too commonly applied to relationships and sexual relationships in particular.

But if you think there is still something left unsaid between you and her - by all means, talk it over, give her a chance to be absolutely clear about her feelings. If anything, that will give you the confidence that you have done what you possibly could, so there won't be a reason in your mind for any nagging doubt later on.

I remember myself in a situation like that... And I had that one last one-on-one talk and she still said "no" and I said to myself "Well, no one can say I didn't make enough efforts, so we're just not meant for each other." It felt like a big load falling off my chest actually - we just remained friends afterwards and I never regretted this outcome. In fact, looking back now - I know for sure it would have been a disaster had we tried to stay together.

Regards

I have a few minor gripes.

1. Can I get a new dental hygienist? Because this bitch uses SO MUCH FORCE I swear one of my teeth is loose now.

2. I had ANOTHER person tell me I "walk weird" today. You can now consider my pet peeved. If one more person tells me I walk weird, I'm going to walk my boot right up their ass and they'll be the one walking weird for the next week. Alright?

3. Apparently I look like a veteran. Or something. People keep confusing me for a veteran for one reason or another. Today it was the way I stand, apparently. Because... I stand with my feet equidistant from my centre, heels together and toes apart, arms crossed behind my back. I had no idea I did that, but apparently I do that all the time. Well, at least I know what to stop doing.

I've met a fair share of veterans...they don't stand like that. i don't stand like that unless i'm talking to my sergeant. you probably just looked like you were standing at parade rest, and they didn't know what else to tell you.

Well, the thing is that this isn't the first time. Or the second. It happens a lot, and it's been happening for years, I just didn't know why people assumed I was ex-military. And I suppose I probably still don't, honestly. I seriously doubt that's what was going on before.

Better rant:

I get ONE FUCKING DAY OFF, and EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD DECIDES TO FUCK WITH ME. Started with the shower randomly going ice cold and remaining there, then the handle snapped off my coffee cup the moment I touched it, then the fucking download I left running from last night (which was supposed to take TWO HOURS) was somehow at 1% completion when it was at 86% when I fucking left it, then my chair breaks the moment I sat down. And not even the part that actually supports my weight, the back of the leg broke off.

So I try Youtube. It runs slow as fuck, skips randomly to different parts of the video, refreshes the page for no reason and then crashes. So I try to go to the Nexus but it won't log in. Okay, fuck the internet, clearly not working. Then I turn on Fallout 4 and it takes SIXTEEN TRIES to make it FUCKING START, only for my character to fall through the world geometry, end up in the Glowing Sea (I WAS IN SANCTUARY), refuse to raise her weapon, refuse to switch weapons and then refuse to raise the pip-boy. Then the game crashes to desktop. I decide that clearly, it doesn't want me playing Fallout 4.

So I move on to the single least glitchy, fairest game I own, the one that has NEVER fucked me over like that, EVER. Dark Souls. And then my character won't get up from the bonfire, and when I exit and reload, they start going the "hit" animation over and over again when they're not being attacked and there's nothing even there to attack them until they fall off a fucking ledge. Then they get stunlocked by everything and nothing when I try to just run to the next bonfire, randomly teleport into a grab attack TWENTY METRES BEHIND ME, and die. Then I try again and get killed by an enemy who has NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE. Then I try again and FALL THROUGH THE FUCKING WORLD GEOMETRY. Then I try again and get really far, only for my character to RANDOMLY BURST INTO FLAMES FOR NO FUCKING REASON OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL SHE DIES. Then I finally reach the next bonfire and everything seems to be back to normal until I reach a boss, and then the companion NPC repeatedly runs into lava over and over again instead of contributing, the boss fills the entire arena with lava, never mind that there's both a limit on how much she can put down and a limit on how long it lasts, and my character dies. Try one last time, character gets randomly hit by an enemy that randomly teleported to her all the way from the edge of the game's extraordinarily long draw distance, then my character freezes up in the middle of the boss fight casting soul arrow over and over again and won't move, and of course dies.

Alright world, you win. I FUCKING GIVE UP. FUCK EVERYTHING, I am FUCKING DONE. The entire world can officially BITE MY ASS.

When I get the garbage, and say I got the garbage and you guys (my parents) ask if I got this one and that one and this one and that one, I don't care if you're joking or what, it tells me you don't believe me. It really pisses me off.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

comparing German words to how the rest of the world says it
I know them videos, they're wonderful! One highlight is "KRANKENHAUS!" Such a glorious word!
*vent*
Sounds like a glitch in the Matrix. Surely things can't go wrong that consecutively!?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR