Vent

3 minor vents:

1.) Dude comes in, on Thursday, with 5 shirts, would like them done by Saturday (today), I tell him it might be tricky to get all 5 because of how swamped we are. He understands, and is like "if you can get at least 1 done, that's fine". So, today, he comes in to pick up, I tell him four got done aaaand he's annoyed that more than one got done. He's like "I was looking for one done but I got four when I brought in five" or something along those lines.

2.) If you're going to pay with a check, at least bring your own pen. I have no problem with you using one of ours to write your check, but that shouldn't happen.

3.) Okay, I will separate your clothes, make two bags for what really should be one. I'm not happy about it. You can just as easily take the clothes out of the bag, position them how you like, and put them back in the bag, even if you plan on wearing some of them the same day you're picking them up.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

He probably says they're stupid because he can see how they're negatively affecting you. X3 And only the negative side of it - because the negativeness stands out the most. It's obvious that if a parent sees their child beginning to react negatively towards something, they'll take it away - take away the toxicity of that object and get you to do other things. Granted, parents overreact, they say things they don't mean sometimes. My mother is like that aaalll the time. XD Even when it seems like she's being serious.

+1000, negativity and violence are never a good combination. Chances are that if an observer is present they won't grasp what you're dealing with in the slightest and assume you're some sort of psycho. While I would like to say that most people are idiots you have to contest with their most base ideals to some degree or they'll end up taking control away from you. They don't know what you'll do and that in turn frightens them because of what they've already seen from you. Pretty simple cause and effect. At all times I have to look like I'm in control even though sometimes I might be mentally screaming. But under no circumstances can I let that be known to others. If you have negative energy then there are other ways of getting rid of it. See if you can go jogging, see if you can get an exercise bike, some lifting weights, yoga, racketball any actions that allow you to exert that energy, but not in an obviously negative way.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

If you have negative energy then there are other ways of getting rid of it. See if you can go jogging, see if you can get an exercise bike, some lifting weights, yoga, racketball any actions that allow you to exert that energy, but not in an obviously negative way.

Or get something like Red Faction Guerilla, and just destroy everything. (since you can in that game)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If you have negative energy then there are other ways of getting rid of it. See if you can go jogging, see if you can get an exercise bike, some lifting weights, yoga, racketball any actions that allow you to exert that energy, but not in an obviously negative way.

Or get something like Red Faction Guerilla, and just destroy everything. (since you can in that game)

You're forgetting the part when he said his computer was crashing. X3 And that was pretty much probably the main reason for his anger. So playing a game won't do shit. XD Cause he can't.

@Zaraki: But hey, you should just draw or something if you get angry. X3 Scribble a bunch. Satisfy yourself with the visual essence of a maddening flurry of chromaticity! :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

In that case, you could just throw rocks at trees, and see how much damage you can do... It rarely does any significant damage to the tree, and always makes me feel better.

It pisses me off when people assume everyone should be having same sleep schedule. Currently staying in my childhood home for a bit for vacation. Ok, so i am being quiet in my own room and owl as i am, staying up late. 2 am here, mother walks in and goes "i need to get up soon" (as she gets up for work at 4 am (work starts at 6) when she is in morning shift) with whiniest voice you can imagine. Like its my fault somehow or i wouldnt let her sleep (again, my own room, door is closed and loudest noise i make is typing- and that isnt nearly loud enough to even reach outside my room let alone her room). Also, not the first time she does that either.

I mean what should i do in her opinion? have exactly same sleep schedule as she does? Go to work for her? Somehow stop the frikin time so she would have more time to sleep? I would really get if i would need to go somewhere, but even then it really is my own responsobility, how much i sleep. I get what i need to do done, so what it matters when i sleep? I mean shouldnt adults plan their own damn sleep? Also, like said already, i would also get if i would somehow prevent her from getting sleep, but again, definetly not the case.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I'll put this to you... Light can pass under and around doors, and when the entire house is very dark, even the slightest illumination from a computer screen can light up a room down the hallway... Even through multiple closed doors.

Also, the human body generates a significant electromagnetic field that can be felt even at extreme ranges by those attuned to it. Mothers in general are attuned to it very frequently, and can tell when you're awake or asleep by it. Nature has designed this system so as to wake a mother to care for her children, and this is likely at least a partial reason for the altercation you described.

It's not her fault, it's not your fault... Try to let it pass.

Fuck controllers, seriously how can anyone use them? I tried to play Super Meat Boy with an Xbox One controller on my PC and I'm thinking "This could be an interesting experience". Well I was right on that account. It was an interestingly painful experience that made me look like a retard when I played. Mind you I've beaten Super Meat Boy with only mouse and keyboard so it's not the game itself. But when I tried to use this controller it's like I've never played the damn game in my life or any video game for that matter. Not to mention it just felt horrible. The triggers feel like I'm pressing on thin air and why would you puts the analog sticks so far away from each other, at a 90 degree angle? I suppose I should just hold the controller with one hand at a constant 90 degree angle because fuck ergonomics. Ughhhhh :x

^For me hack and slash games are a nightmare on keyboard IMO. 3rd person rpg's in general feel better for me with controller as well as driving games. It's all situational to me. I can't stand FPS's with a controller though.

Retired Forum Moderator

i would also get if i would somehow prevent her from getting sleep, but again, definetly not the case.

She may have wanted to aks you to go to bed but didn't want to say it directly, so she turned it into a hint referring to herself...

She is your mother - you will always be her little child for her - even when you're 50... :D

Regards

Fuck controllers, seriously how can anyone use them? I tried to play Super Meat Boy with an Xbox One controller on my PC and I'm thinking "This could be an interesting experience". Well I was right on that account. It was an interestingly painful experience that made me look like a retard when I played. Mind you I've beaten Super Meat Boy with only mouse and keyboard so it's not the game itself. But when I tried to use this controller it's like I've never played the damn game in my life or any video game for that matter. Not to mention it just felt horrible. The triggers feel like I'm pressing on thin air and why would you puts the analog sticks so far away from each other, at a 90 degree angle? I suppose I should just hold the controller with one hand at a constant 90 degree angle because fuck ergonomics. Ughhhhh :x

I'm not an excellent gamer whatever form of control I'm using. I'm amazing at point n' click games though. Especially the pointing and clicking parts.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

For me certain games work better. Take Assassin's Creed. Those games work best with a controller as I felt keyboard felt awkward at times but overall I prefer keyboard with most games.

For me certain games work better. Take Assassin's Creed. Those games work best with a controller as I felt keyboard felt awkward at times but overall I prefer keyboard with most games.

dark souls, freedom planet, undertale, alan wake, dust, any fighting game

certain games work much better with a gamepad, you just have to know how to use one

the name's riley

dark souls, freedom planet, undertale, alan wake, dust, any fighting game

certain games work much better with a gamepad, you just have to know how to use one

On the subject, I was reminded of my attempts at playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth on PC using the mouse and keyboard controls. Given that the game requires a lot of deft movements, considerate stealth and split-second decision making I didn't get very far into it. I got stuck in Innsmouth in some warehouse full of local gun-toting goons and couldn't for the life of me escape them. I'm just a filthy console peasant, I'm afraid to say.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Does that mean I'm screwed since I don't know how to use a gamepad? I'm having to compare my many years of Mouse & Keyboard use to a gamepad which I've only been using for a short amount of time. Is this like when a right-handed person tries to write with their left hand or something?

I could see how well Witcher 3 handles a gamepad since it is third-person.

Like others have said, some games are better with controller, and others are better with keyboard & mouse. There's also some personal preferences, I know some people prefer FPS games with controller. Just use whatever you're most comfortable with, even if many others aren't.

Edit/double post:

Customer: "You guys are closed on Monday, right?"

Me: "Yes" *in head 'that's what the sign says'*

*later*

Customer: "You're closed on Monday, right?"

Me: "Yep" *in head 'that's what the sign says'*

*later still*

Customer: "You're going to be closed on Monday, right?"

Me: "Yep"

Customer: "Oh good, good to have a long weekend right?"

Me: *in head 'OH MY GOD DOES NO ONE EVER READ THE SIGNS!? IT'S RIGHT IN YOUR FUCKING FACE!'* [screaming internally]

Triple post:

If I say that the computer did the math and your total is X amount of money, DON'T PULL OUT YOUR PHONE/CALCULATOR AND DO THE MATH YOURSELF! If you can't trust the math the computer did, how can you trust the math on your phone's calculator app?!

Goddamn, i hate my family at times. So im unemployed again, decided to take it bit calmly, looking for job in my education field- IT tech (education i have already- thats already excluding the fact i dont yet have my school diploma) while i get my education finished (in 13th june).

today my sister comes in talking about "you should go to this job, as your mother said they are looking for employees". Sounds good, right? Well, WRONG! Not only the job in question is low paying, i used to work there and i quit just for sakes of my mental health. Not to mention boss still is ripping employees off and is asshole in general. So i said it to her and she goes mental.

And in the end she offers few other just as bad alternatives and said i better be working tomorrow already. Yeah, if that would be so fucking easy, i would've already done it. Also try telling her that or reply to her anything other than "yes"... fucks sakes

i really, really, REALLY dont need that crap. I already have ton of issues without it- depression (quite frankly only reason i havent killed myself as long as 10 years ago is that i still hope it gets better- it really is that bad), that got worse after father died in 2008 and lately i have been struggling to keep hold to my sanity.

So yes, i do need support from my family. And i have told those issues. Their idea, however, is to yell and shout and trample all my ideas to the ground and make it sound like only their ideas for me hold the key, yet they keep ridiculing me. They do understand when i tell them, but already few hours later, it is back to the normal.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Okay, I'm all for veteran discount and whatnot. However, at the drycleaners I work at, no discounts, period. The closest is store credit, which I have zero authority over. Even if veteran discount was the only exception, I still have zero authority. I would need permission, I would need my manager to do it, unless, you know, there was a 'discounts' section or whatever. Also, please don't do the whole "I'm a veteran and the discount is the only way you can respect us/me" thing it's bullshit. It's like someone playing the "woe is me, I'm disabled, pity me" card.

If you're a war vet, I (and I assume most-everyone) has huge respect for you.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

i really, really, REALLY dont need that crap. I already have ton of issues without it- depression (quite frankly only reason i havent killed myself as long as 10 years ago is that i still hope it gets better- it really is that bad), that got worse after father died in 2008 and lately i have been struggling to keep hold to my sanity.

Hang in there dude... I have a very similar situation, but a much more understanding family. Feel free to contact me for conversations if you ever need to unwind with another IT guy. :)

Okay, I'm all for veterinarian discount and whatnot. However, at the drycleaners I work at, no discounts, period. The closest is store credit, which I have zero authority over. Even if veterinarian discount was the only exception, I still have zero authority. I would need permission, I would need my manager to do it, unless, you know, there was a 'discounts' section or whatever. Also, please don't do the whole "I'm a veterinarian and the discount is the only way you can respect us/me" thing it's bullshit. It's like someone playing the "woe is me, I'm disabled, pity me" card.

I think you mean 'veteran', not 'doctor for dogs'. (also, I agree completely)

Okay, I'm all for veterinarian discount and whatnot. However, at the drycleaners I work at, no discounts, period. The closest is store credit, which I have zero authority over. Even if veterinarian discount was the only exception, I still have zero authority. I would need permission, I would need my manager to do it, unless, you know, there was a 'discounts' section or whatever. Also, please don't do the whole "I'm a veterinarian and the discount is the only way you can respect us/me" thing it's bullshit. It's like someone playing the "woe is me, I'm disabled, pity me" card.

I think you mean 'veteran', not 'doctor for dogs'. (also, I agree completely)

I'm glad you cleared that up for me BTG. I stared at PsychoticNinja's post for several minutes genuinely baffled and thinking to myself "why do animal vets get discounts? Is this some sort of drive to get more people into the profession? When did this start happening? Am I confused old man already?"

No offence Ninja! :P

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa