Vent

Fuck emotions, why do we insist on making them sound so complicated and deep? They aren't you fucking hipster, they're just chemicals in your head that make you react a certain way and no love isn't an emotion it's a concept at best. Fuck me why couldn't we have turned out like the Vulcans from Star Trek? That would literally solve all our problems, dumped all of the stupid baggage that comes with being a human and who knows how much scientific progress we would've made.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

But emotions are fun! :P It's what keeps people alive. Where would humanity be if it couldn't laugh at people's jokes, or cry in empathy? It's what makes humans... well... humans. And humans make mistakes, but they also make great achievements. Without emotions, sure, we'd probably make more scientific progress... But the world would be super super boring. XD

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

It's what makes humans... well... humans.

Well I don't exactly like being human Jeb. Ideally I would be some sort of computer. :P

And what's wrong with being human? Come on, there are 7 billion of us, we're the most intelligent creatures on Earth, yet we still have the ability to feel emotions and thrive. We're at the top of the food chain, visited the moon! And you're telling me you want to be a robot or a computer? You know what we do with robots and AI? We give them fucking feelings. XD Cause it's what makes us feel good.

Don't try to be a special little snowflake who tries to be the circle in a field of rectangles. You gotta realize that them being rectangles is what keeps them grounded, stabled, functioning. You be a circle, you're just gonna roll away into a little oblivion of sorrows - filled with no friends and an unhappy life. Whether you like it or not, you have emotions, you feel sadness, anger, love, hope, fear, and there's nothing wrong with any of them.

You know what happens if you have no emotions? You can't have fun. You can't be satisfied. Nothing in the world will please you. And you will please nobody in return. But of course, why would you care, when you don't care for others. Because when you have emotions, you care for other people. Without emotions, you care for NOTHING.

I feel like you should rethink your motives...

Just saying, if you try and pretend you have no emotions, you're going to have a miserable life. Just face the fact that you're a human being and get on with your life. Make friends, make people happy, stop thinking of days as chores and start thinking of them as ways to be pleased and entertained. NOBODY likes an emotionless robot. I had a friend who I'd walk up to, I could be crying or whatever, but because they were so full of themselves, and had a lack of emotion, they simply said; "Okay." You coming here and venting into this thread is you asking to be entertained and pleased, to be supported, and those are from your emotions. So try as much as you'd like, but I'm warning you now, you should stop. You are never going to be rid of your emotions, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Oh. And one more thing... since you're so inclined in not being human and all, maybe you should stop laughing, oh and make sure to not play any games. They're just useless objects to create pleased emotions and since you don't want emotions, welll... guess you don't need them! Enjoy staring at a wall, sir. :)

I'm probably gonna get into trouble for this post but oh well.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Not to say that emotions are the way for an intelligent system to make decisions in the absence of precise information. And in real life there is ALWAYS a lack of precise information.

So - good luck being a superintelligent computer with no emotions - you will always be beaten by puny humans using emotions to make decisions where your computer self-obsessed mind will be circling in an endless loop, unable to decide and calculate what is it you are needing to do. Be my guest...

Regards

You can't get in trouble, you're a mod :P

Double post:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH MY GOD! I SWEAR I MET EVERY SINGLE KIND OF CUSTOMER THAT DOES/SAYS SOMETHING THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF TODAY ALONE! AND THE DAY'S NOT EVEN FINISHED YET!

- Bringing in a shit ton of clothing (TWICE! FOUR! MAKE THAT FOUR HUGE DROP OFFS!)

- Coming in in the bloody morning

- Coming in two days in a row, dropping off clothes both days

- Telling me your phone number/information when I'm not ready (like when you're STILL OUTSIDE!)

- Bringing in (a shit ton of) clothing, only to take some back so that you "can do it at home"

- Constant barrage of customers (okay this one can't be controlled, but it's still annoying)

- Complaining for the hundredth time the price is too much/different than what it was when you first came. The prices changed at least 2 years ago, get over it already.

- Expecting the clothes to be done the next (or same) day even though we normally don't do next day, never do same day, and it's the weekend, so never next day.

- Giving me the exact same phone number when it didn't work a second ago, and I asked for a different one.

Four hours to go. Four hours to go... Four! Hours! To go!

tumblr_lrmb1idaMd1qgo6hso1_500.gif

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

And what's wrong with being human? Come on, there are 7 billion of us, we're the most intelligent creatures on Earth, yet we still have the ability to feel emotions and thrive. We're at the top of the food chain, visited the moon! And you're telling me you want to be a robot or a computer? You know what we do with robots and AI? We give them fucking feelings. XD Cause it's what makes us feel good.

Don't try to be a special little snowflake who tries to be the circle in a field of rectangles. You gotta realize that them being rectangles is what keeps them grounded, stabled, functioning. You be a circle, you're just gonna roll away into a little oblivion of sorrows - filled with no friends and an unhappy life. Whether you like it or not, you have emotions, you feel sadness, anger, love, hope, fear, and there's nothing wrong with any of them.

You know what happens if you have no emotions? You can't have fun. You can't be satisfied. Nothing in the world will please you. And you will please nobody in return. But of course, why would you care, when you don't care for others. Because when you have emotions, you care for other people. Without emotions, you care for NOTHING.

I feel like you should rethink your motives...

Just saying, if you try and pretend you have no emotions, you're going to have a miserable life. Just face the fact that you're a human being and get on with your life. Make friends, make people happy, stop thinking of days as chores and start thinking of them as ways to be pleased and entertained. NOBODY likes an emotionless robot. I had a friend who I'd walk up to, I could be crying or whatever, but because they were so full of themselves, and had a lack of emotion, they simply said; "Okay." You coming here and venting into this thread is you asking to be entertained and pleased, to be supported, and those are from your emotions. So try as much as you'd like, but I'm warning you now, you should stop. You are never going to be rid of your emotions, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Oh. And one more thing... since you're so inclined in not being human and all, maybe you should stop laughing, oh and make sure to not play any games. They're just useless objects to create pleased emotions and since you don't want emotions, welll... guess you don't need them! Enjoy staring at a wall, sir. :)

I don't know what to say Jeb, if my emotions were balanced/healthy I would probably agree with you. But my emotions have always fluctuated in intensity from seeming like I'm dead to seeming like I'm high and when I'm on that emotional high it's so unpleasantly intense it feels like I'm losing my mind. Being emotional numb is the only way I've found to ground myself and I've grown to hate that emotional high because it feels like I have no control when I've experienced it. It's far easier for me to simply not experience a particular emotion than to experience it and try to calm down. Emotionally dead probably wasn't the right choice of words since I still enjoy video games and have the occasional laugh. But outside of that I choose not experience much else because I find them to be far too dangerous. There are some emotions I just don't handle well or am physically unable to due to their intensity.

Not to say that emotions are the way for an intelligent system to make decisions in the absence of precise information. And in real life there is ALWAYS a lack of precise information.

So - good luck being a superintelligent computer with no emotions - you will always be beaten by puny humans using emotions to make decisions where your computer self-obsessed mind will be circling in an endless loop, unable to decide and calculate what is it you are needing to do. Be my guest...

You've got a point, the one thing humans have over computers is their Dynamicism. I have yet to see a truly dynamic computer and I don't think one could be made since all the information they pull are from static sources.

I called it, I fucking called it. Woman called around 3:30, asked when we close on Saturdays (5 PM). I had no customers. 4 fucking 58 PM, bitch comes in with a bunch of clothes. I had already put my money away, was seconds away from clocking out. I was not happy. Please do me a favor, everyone, and not enter a place when it's closing up. It's fucking rude, and you come off as an entitled bitch.

Don't you have cutoff time from where you're working? Like no customers will be entertained 30 minutes before closing time. That should keep those last-minute asswipes away. It worked here, almost all the time.

Welp, now what?

Don't you have cutoff time from where you're working? Like no customers will be entertained 30 minutes before closing time. That should keep those last-minute asswipes away. It worked here, almost all the time.

If PN's shop is anything like the one I work in, then they probably stop letting people in at "closing time" but deal with whoever is still in there before properly closing the store to the public. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I work on the shopfloor and not manning the tills.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I've tried, entitled customers. They're like "but it's 4:58, not 5, you're still open".

I'm glad this week is over, it's dragged on something fierce. Last Wednesday I did one of my colleagues a favour by working his shift (I usually have Wednesdays off) with the understanding that he will cover one the shifts later in the week when I'm alone all afternoon. Well he's dragged his feet and "ummed" and "ah'ed" through my inquiries into which day he was willing to work. After a week of fending off my reasonable request he suddenly decided he has a wholly imaginary dentist appointment this Thursday - and it just so happens he's now on holiday for two weeks.

Want my advice? Don't do anybody any favours, ever.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I tried. I really fucking tried. I have people in my class asking me favors for things that they could easily do. I'm usually an obliging person, but once they get too comfortable with asking favors, to the point of annoyance. I want to tell them to stop.

Welp, now what?

I tried. I really fucking tried. I have people in my class asking me favors for things that they could easily do. I'm usually an obliging person, but once they get too comfortable with asking favors, to the point of annoyance. I want to tell them to stop.

If I could reach through the internet via astral projection and hug you, I would.

I think I'm a rather fair person, and reading some of your posts here I get the impression that (like me) what you want more than anything is to be kind and reasonable to as many of your contemporaries as possible. I've been stung so many times by people's callous selfishness and unfair approaches to life, and despite my own jaded cynicism I still occasionally fall for it. How old are you AP? The feeling of outrage and betrayal you might be feeling at other folks selfishness doesn't really get any easier, but I think the older one gets the easier it is to reserve your kindness and put your hands up to all but the most worthwhile individuals. Needless to say that in this specific instance I've learned my lesson, I won't be doing my aforementioned colleague any kind turns in the foreseeable future.

You give people an inch, they take several dozen parsecs... ;p

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Thanks a bunch Selfsurprise! I suppose someone has to be the kind soul somewhere, and It feels satisfying when people show their appreciation when you help them out of kindness, but once people start taking advantage, I just want to be an total asshole, just to get back at them. The thing is, i'm afraid i'll do something i'll totally regret. I suppose at 20, I should be learning my lesson now.

Welp, now what?

Thanks a bunch Selfsurprise! I suppose someone has to be the kind soul somewhere, and It feels satisfying when people show their appreciation when you help them out of kindness, but once people start taking advantage, I just want to be an total asshole, just to get back at them. The thing is, i'm afraid i'll do something i'll totally regret. I suppose at 20, I should be learning my lesson now.

No prob Bob :D Don't get angry, don't even get even with people! Just politely decline to do stuff for them and see how they react. If they accept it amicably they will either be learning a lesson in fairness or be too self-aware of their selfishness to not push you any further. If they react negatively and accused of God-knows-what for failing to soothe their fragile egos, then you live safe in the knowledge that they weren't worth the effort to begin with.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

So many negative topics popping up in Gaming in General lately. Like geez people, seems like the past 5 or so topics have been nothing but what you hate, what you think needs to die, pet peeves, etc. Whatever happened to topics about games that are, idunno, fun? Enjoyable? Well made? C'mon guys. :/

Retired Forum Moderator