Vent

@Jeb_CC do you have a console that outputs errors when you run it? If not then go over the most common troubleshooting and work your way up. Check that none of your variables are assigned null, check where you're calling said variables for typos, check that all of your starting curly braces and brackets have a likewise ending curly brace or bracket, etc.

If your code becomes hard to read see what sort of clutter you can eliminate to make it more readable such as comments and better syntax arrangement. If you still need those comments then cut and paste them into a blank .txt file. You can always paste them back into your code once you have it working properly again.

It's also not a bad idea to make a new copy of your code by rewriting your entire code from scratch if you still can't see what the compiler is complaining about.

Patience is a virtue when it comes to programming. Compilers are the grammar nazis of programming so any error you make but can't see they will complain about. However unlike grammar nazis compilers don't always point out exactly where you went wrong. I hope this was helpful.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

XP09FAV.jpg

I'm very familiar with this feeling. It's always something you'd never think to look at either which makes them that much more frustrating.

My suggestion is to put debug messages at every step of the code to figure out where it stops working just to get a general idea of where to start my search for the culprit.

Retired Forum Moderator

@Helio: Thanks mate. It wasn't giving me errors, just wasn't doing what I intended it to do. I'm usually patient with my programming but if troubleshooting reaches the 40 minute mark then I start having issues lol

@Rarity: That's generally what I do yeah, going through each step to figure out what's wrong and that helps a lot. I figured out what the problem was by the way! I was doing a super shitty job at testing it which is what my problem was, so I was looking for the wrong error... if that makes sense. Once I found out the ACTUAL problem, then it was easy to fix. Co-ordinates are bitches sometimes. Handy... but bitches.

OT: And now for a very unrelated but worthy rant, for like... a year now, I've been super excited about moving back to Western Australia with my mother. But oho, life likes to slap me with spears cause now my mother wants to get back with her ex husband. Her abusive annoying controlling husband. I don't get it. She's left him 3 fucking times, and you'd think that'd be a sure sign that things aren't supposed to be this way. But no! She wants to get back with him, so who knows when the fuck I'll get off this cold miserable high-unemployment-rate & shitty-education island. And to make it worse, it seems that EVERYONE wants them to get back together. And my mother has been all excited like; "I got the people at Church to pray for us to get back together." and I'm just dying inside cause I know what I'll have to go back to... getting yelled and screamed at just for spilling milk, not even joking. I fucking hate this. I hate love. My parent's love brings me more misery and it fucking sucks. I'm the only one who can apparently see they don't belong and it's just ridiculous. I'm thinking I should move out as soon as I turn 18. Like, as soon as I get money from the government, I'm fucking out. I'll move to WA myself cause fuck my family. And with the money, I'll probably be able to pay rent and food, but nothing else until I get a job. Better than living with my family though, geez.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

XP09FAV.jpg

Or when you're following a tutorial, and what you end up with is a complete mess. Visually it's like this:

g48vfYJvAvs

Love how you can find a visual aid on just about anything with the Simpsons.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I hate love.

Shhhhh... darling... <3 no, you don't... And it's not love's fault. And what they have isn't really love either...

But, yes - move the hell out of there...

Regards

OT: And now for a very unrelated but worthy rant, for like... a year now, I've been super excited about moving back to Western Australia with my mother. But oho, life likes to slap me with spears cause now my mother wants to get back with her ex husband. Her abusive annoying controlling husband. I don't get it. She's left him 3 fucking times, and you'd think that'd be a sure sign that things aren't supposed to be this way. But no! She wants to get back with him, so who knows when the fuck I'll get off this cold miserable high-unemployment-rate & shitty-education island. And to make it worse, it seems that EVERYONE wants them to get back together. And my mother has been all excited like; "I got the people at Church to pray for us to get back together." and I'm just dying inside cause I know what I'll have to go back to... getting yelled and screamed at just for spilling milk, not even joking. I fucking hate this. I hate love. My parent's love brings me more misery and it fucking sucks. I'm the only one who can apparently see they don't belong and it's just ridiculous. I'm thinking I should move out as soon as I turn 18. Like, as soon as I get money from the government, I'm fucking out. I'll move to WA myself cause fuck my family. And with the money, I'll probably be able to pay rent and food, but nothing else until I get a job. Better than living with my family though, geez.

You're not the only one, I've come across insane couples that made me wonder "How the fuck are you two even together?". I mean you would think that polar opposite personalities would hate each other to death and couldn't stand being near one another. But I guess opposites do attract, at least for morons. "I hate this person I hate so much that I'm going to marry them because that makes fucking sense in my pathetic excuse for a brain." . I mean fuck, do these people have any self awareness whatsoever? I hate people sometimes. In fact most of the time I do.

@Helio: Yeah, I don't get it. My father is a massive stubborn over-caring know-it-all and my mother is a passive aggressive guilt-tripping piece of crap. The two don't mix! It's like... They argue over the most stupid shit.

Him: "What do you want to do about this?"

Her: "I don't know. Don't care."

Him: "You HAVE to care. This is important."

Her: "Just do whatever you want."

Him: "But I'm not doing anything until you tell me what you want."

And then this turns into a huge argument that lasts for an hour and usually ends up with my mother walking out. Wtf guys. You're not 2 years old, stop having tantrums over nothing!! Fuck me. And I was looking forward to getting a cat and a puppy next year, to also help with my depression. But now... I can't do that if I'm living with my family again because last time we got a dog, my dad's violent tendencies kinda merged with the dog in a way and the dog was super vicious and we had to put him down for the safety of everyone around. And he hates cats. Soooo. Fuck. I want my happiness, holy fuck. Why does the world hate me?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

You should definitely "clear the air" with your friends and family, so to speak. Make time to sit them down and explain your feelings on how you don't want to be treated differently just because you've discovered a certain aspect of your sexuality you didn't fully realize you had until now. Not everyone is going to be able to switch off about the subject of your homosexuality (or your own preferred term) but it's worth being patient with the people trying too hard to "accept" you or whatever. Eventually, if they really are friends, they'll likely adjust to your relationship and start treating you as the same self-effacing person you strike me as here.

Even the most liberal minded and accepting tendencies in popular consensus tend to pigeonhole individuals and gender/sexcuality roles, we tend to think of black and white ungraduated thinking as the preserve of intolerant bigots. But those who are tolerant of homosexuality and other orientations can still have overtly simplistic views and understandings of people's relationships. There is a discernible Gay (capitalization intended) counterculture as well as a perceived trope of queerness in the mainstream that all too often colours the image and assumed roles of anyone who has ever held romantic feelings towards someone of their own sex.

My rambling aside, I hope things get easier and less awkward for you. I really do!

Im not the best when it comes to answering in a "smart" way (or in more than 2 sentances), so bear with me.

Clearing the air is sort of what I want to do, but at the same time, I dont.

For me, this thing should be 100% normal, but I know this is just me wanting to go against the mainstream and not make myself a celebrity.

I mean, Ill say "yes" if someone asks me if Im in love with another guy, and Ill answer truthfully if someone asks me if I have a relationship etc. but I cant really sit down and talk about this with family, because for me, it goes against all of my values (atleast when it comes to this). I think my dad is gonna have HUGE problems with me being with another guy, but he's gonna have to deal with it. I think, however, that if I just show up with a guy at home without having said anything, this will take him by suprise and make it less dramatic for everyone. I could be wrong, though.

I hope that you are right about everything in this post, that eventually, people will just forget about it and start acting like they used to.

I read the last part and its a very good way to summarize the entire situation. I think the best thing people could do, is to start joking about everything, because that is a great way of breaking the ice about these sort of things.

Thanks for the support!

Im sorry my reply was late.

"Life sucks sober!"

I think my dad is gonna have HUGE problems with me being with another guy, but he's gonna have to deal with it.

This is most likely going to be the case but your nature cannot be changed, so he will have to deal with it. Yes.

I think, however, that if I just show up with a guy at home without having said anything, this will take him by suprise and make it less dramatic for everyone. I could be wrong, though.

Well, this can be a really risky strategy. I am very cautious advising you anything, not knowing anything about your family and their personalities, but...

Consider telling your mother first. You might be surprised - it's very difficult to hide this kind of thing from parents, especially mothers... She might not be as astonished as you might think. And you're always going to be her little boy - even when you're 50... :-)

Not to say that you might have in her someone who will be on your side in trying to break the news to your father...

Regards

I've spent too much time giving for nothing, at home or at school, that I don't give a fuck for anyone's care anymore.

Welp, now what?

Early customers are annoying, especially when they're here before or shortly after opening up. What's really annoying is, one guy in particular, comes in, with a bunch of clothes and wants them in separate bags. Which we normally do, like 8 shirts per bag, or like 4-5 pants a bag, especially if they're jeans, because they're heavier. 8 a bag is the limit, sometimes we'll do 9 shirts. Nine out of ten times, the dude's not happy with how we've separated his clothes. Never specifies how he wants it done. I get the feeling he wants each clothing in an individual bag. That wastes too much time, energy and bags. If you're going to do that, please pay for the bags. Also, he always pays when he picks up, with a check, and never brings his own pen.

On it's own, not annoying, not really. Still, you should always bring a pen with you, if you're going to write a check. Minor annoyance at best, but minor annoyances do add up. Other minor annoyances I experience, and have really added up in a day:

* Coming in while talking to your cell phone in speaker mode

* Staying in your car (either before or after dropping off/picking up) and filing your taxes or whatever

* Chewing your gum

* Tapping your fingers (especially with long fake nails)

* Blowing bubbles with your gum

* Chewing your gum and/or blowing bubbles and tapping your fingers (especially with long fake nails)

* Having all of your sleeves rolled up

* Having your shirts buttoned so the shirt's inside out (You have any idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to undo all of those buttons?)

* Bringing in brand new shirts, still folded up, and everything

* Having your shirts buttoned up all the way

* Coming in, in the last minute, especially with a lot of clothes

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Im not the best when it comes to answering in a "smart" way (or in more than 2 sentances), so bear with me.

Clearing the air is sort of what I want to do, but at the same time, I dont.

For me, this thing should be 100% normal, but I know this is just me wanting to go against the mainstream and not make myself a celebrity.

I mean, Ill say "yes" if someone asks me if Im in love with another guy, and Ill answer truthfully if someone asks me if I have a relationship etc. but I cant really sit down and talk about this with family, because for me, it goes against all of my values (atleast when it comes to this). I think my dad is gonna have HUGE problems with me being with another guy, but he's gonna have to deal with it. I think, however, that if I just show up with a guy at home without having said anything, this will take him by suprise and make it less dramatic for everyone. I could be wrong, though.

I hope that you are right about everything in this post, that eventually, people will just forget about it and start acting like they used to.

I read the last part and its a very good way to summarize the entire situation. I think the best thing people could do, is to start joking about everything, because that is a great way of breaking the ice about these sort of things.

Thanks for the support!

Im sorry my reply was late.

I tend to waffle on so don't sweat it man, I really hope this pans out well for you! I wasn't sure if you would appreciate me wading in on your post like I did but I'm best friends with somebody who realised he was gay by the time he left high school. I'm faiorly familiar with all the self-doubt and uncertainty that plagued him and his family when he came out of the closet.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I really really really really want to getaway and not have TVs commercials, advertisements, capitalism, consumerism, materialism forced on me for a decent while.

Maybe be on a medium sized tropical island in the pacific with a year's worth of food, drink, books, games, batteries/fuel, alcohol, hunting supplies, survival and medical supplies for a year with a sturdy shelter and 4 or 5 people to co-inhabit with.

r79sEnN.jpg

35jN2yk.jpg

OIYbFW1.jpg

On islands like this

ekHtbWu.jpg

oMNfzF5.png

YqdDDtd.png

yShBLEd.png

2G40iyE.jpg

YxhQDzM.jpg

vOCS3px.jpg

gSQqTmg.jpg

6eFLuWV.png

I really really really really want to getaway and not have TVs commercials, advertisements, capitalism, consumerism, materialism forced on me for a decent while.

Maybe be on a medium sized tropical island in the pacific with a year's worth of food, drink, books, games, batteries/fuel, alcohol, hunting supplies, survival and medical supplies for a year with a sturdy shelter and 4 or 5 people to co-inhabit with.

r79sEnN.jpg

35jN2yk.jpg

OIYbFW1.jpg

On islands like this

ekHtbWu.jpg

oMNfzF5.png

YqdDDtd.png

yShBLEd.png

2G40iyE.jpg

YxhQDzM.jpg

vOCS3px.jpg

gSQqTmg.jpg

6eFLuWV.png

I'm worried that this might come across as condescending (I'm not trying to be, I swear!) but have you considered finding a nice quiet spot and reading for a few hours? You needn't stick the same book the whole time either, in fact I personally enjoy splitting a session between several books. I might start off with something a little more arduously non-fictional - literary/art criticism, some obscure academic field, a Blackwell history of a nation, etc - and then after a chapter or two (depending on the length of individual segments or the difficulty of the language therein) I'll effectively "take a break" with a Warhammer novel or some equally fast-paced fiction. Then I might return to the previous or another similar non-fiction title, and maybe lastly ease myself out of reading by browsing a heavily illustrated art or photography book - big Phaidon art surveys do it for me. You can switch those categories around if you want to tackle a more substantial novel or even a short-story compendium, perhaps periodically dipping into a non-fiction history or politics title.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'm so sick of political pissing contests. Don't you people have anything better do or could possibly be less obnoxious about it? I will be so happy when this fucking election is over and I don't care who wins. Then in four years we get to do all this pointless bullshit all over again until the end of time, hooray. :roll:

After playing Deus Ex I would kill to put a sentient A.I like Helios in power. Helios would've been so much better at governing us then we are now, that's pathetic.

I'm so sick of political pissing contests. Don't you people have anything better do or could possibly be less obnoxious about it?

^ I feel your pain, man. This has been happening lately here as well. I wouldn't have minded if there would be some physical altercation happening in the senate, make it look like Political Deathmatch.

Welp, now what?

I'm so sick of political pissing contests. Don't you people have anything better do or could possibly be less obnoxious about it? I will be so happy when this fucking election is over and I don't care who wins. Then in four years we get to do all this pointless bullshit all over again until the end of time, hooray. :roll:

After playing Deus Ex I would kill to put a sentient A.I like Helios in power. Helios would've been so much better at governing us then we are now, that's pathetic.

They should call you Heliocynical

I'm worried that this might come across as condescending (I'm not trying to be, I swear!) but have you considered finding a nice quiet spot and reading for a few hours? You needn't stick the same book the whole time either, in fact I personally enjoy splitting a session between several books. I might start off with something a little more arduously non-fictional - literary/art criticism, some obscure academic field, a Blackwell history of a nation, etc - and then after a chapter or two (depending on the length of individual segments or the difficulty of the language therein) I'll effectively "take a break" with a Warhammer novel or some equally fast-paced fiction. Then I might return to the previous or another similar non-fiction title, and maybe lastly ease myself out of reading by browsing a heavily illustrated art or photography book - big Phaidon art surveys do it for me. You can switch those categories around if you want to tackle a more substantial novel or even a short-story compendium, perhaps periodically dipping into a non-fiction history or politics title.

Don't worry about coming off as condescending, i'll let you know if you do :P

I've always told myself that sometimes I need to set myself up for an appointment with a long wait time like at the DMV or plain/train ride just so I could have an excuse to sit down and do nothing but read. I've got a stack of books that I started in the last year, but haven't finished, and I'm the type that feels obligated to tie up loose ends for they will always be frayed in the back of my mind somewhere. I try to meet my need to read somewhere in the middle, and get through one chapter a night before I end up falling asleep. (not practical!).

I haven't played an actual video game for over a year now (I don't include browser games, or swf files of some rising developer i've been following) Most of the time if i'm in a mood for a certain game, I just put on a '

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36OmC5UbME' on youtube, and let that play in the background while I take a nap, or do other work, like study for certifications, and other 'career' related motivations.

By the way, what Warhammer novel do you recommend? any non-fiction that catches your current (past?) fancy? I do admit that the history that I should be reading, is actually coming in the form of videos... i've spent so much time with watching videos and movies, just because it's so much easier for something to be playing on one screen while I do other stuff on the other screen. This multi-tasking spreads me out, and I think is the cause of my recent scattered demeanor and sense of inaccomplishment

They should call you Heliocynical

Well politics was annoying me and thus it must be punished by facing my wrath. It's not like I'm wrong here. Whether people can handle the truth or not is up to them. At least I'm not delusionally optimistic for the future unlike some people I know IRL. Boy aren't they in for the shock of their lives when their expectations for reality are shattered right before their eyes. As long as I continue to lower my expectations for the future then I will never be wrong and I take great comfort in knowing this. The future is utterly predictable, there's nothing we can do to fix it and I have yet to be proven wrong in my predictions. Also no one seems to be eager in proving me wrong either so that must mean I'm right.

I have yet to be proven wrong in my predictions. Also no one seems to be eager in proving me wrong either so that must mean I'm right.

OK, I'm game.

Politics cannot be annoying but politics can annoy you.

Politics is not a living creature and cannot be punished, nor can it face anyone's wrath.

Opinions aren't facts, and therefore can't be empirically right or wrong.

Some people don't understand other people's perspectives, so they might not necessarily accept other people's beliefs as their own.

How do you know you're not delusional? Maybe you are but haven't realized it yet.

Perhaps other people enjoy looking at life through rosy glasses and like seeing the world in a positive light because it fills them with joy.

Sometimes people are selectively optimistic, and when things go wrong, they accept what happened and continue to focus on the rest of the good things in life and not dwell on the problems without ever shattering their reality.

Perpetually lowering expectations seems like a path to self defeat and degenerating outcomes. Life moves forward, and if you stay in place without anticipating changes, you'll be left behind, intellectually, financially, socially, and experientially.

Comfort leads to settling. Staying in one place leads to stagnation. Stagnation leads to nowhere.

The further you can predict the future, the easier it is to plan for and anticipate events. I plan that in a few minutes, I will be finished writing this post and will hit submit. I'm committed to this and I will accomplish it. Tomorrow I plan on going to class, study for a test, go to work, and be back at home in time for Thursday.

I can't fix the world's problems, but I can fix the problems around me, and possibly when the problems around me are fixed, it'll lay the grounds for fixing bigger and greater things. Something I accept I will never be able to change and I accept this, because it's a waste of time to dwell on the impossible, unless it's for the sake of philosophical thought.

Thanks for the opportunity for some introspection :)

Urgh......

I can't seem to talk with anyone here these days.Either they're busy or don't want to talk.

Also,my brother can be a real pain in the ass when I'm around him. Especially if he's having a bad day. I'm feeling preeeety tempted to kick his self-loathing ass.

"FUCK YOU REALITY!!YOU'RE FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"Hark! Dost thou hear with thine ears what I hear with mine? Interloper! No quarter shall be shown hither, fiend! Anon! Show thyself, churl!"

http://myanimelist.net/profile/MantisDude