Vent

While lurking around youtube I found this video that hurt my soul today and has reaffirmed my lack of faith in humanity.

At first the title sounded interesting and I've never heard of this person before so I clicked on the video. Well it turns out that the title was clickbait and the whole video is just some idiot rambling about how essays are "too long" and how "only people from the 1800s used those words". Well boo fucking hoo honey dear, your life must be so hard that you were actually taught something fucking useful for once in your miserable excuse of a life. Goddamn, I've never wanted to cap someone in the back of the head so hard for their sheer ignorance and gall before. But it's the fucking gall that really gets to me. How does someone who sounds to be in their mid-teens come to that conclusion? Well no fucking wonder society is as retarded as it is today. It completely baffles me as to how I'm even same fucking species as this person. Some people shouldn't be given the right to fucking breath sometimes.

Ah, it feels so good to explode about pointless bullshit again. It feels like I haven't done it in ages.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

While lurking around youtube I found this video that hurt my soul today and has reaffirmed my lack of faith in humanity.

At first the title sounded interesting and I've never heard of this person before so I clicked on the video. Well it turns out that the title was clickbait and the whole video is just some idiot rambling about how essays are "too long" and how "only people from the 1800s used those words". Well boo fucking hoo honey dear, your life must be so hard that you were actually taught something fucking useful for once in your miserable excuse of a life. Goddamn, I've never wanted to cap someone in the back of the head so hard for their sheer ignorance and gall before. But it's the fucking gall that really gets to me. How does someone who sounds to be in their mid-teens come to that conclusion? Well no fucking wonder society is as retarded as it is today. It completely befalls me as to how I'm even same fucking species as this person. Some people shouldn't be given the right to fucking breath sometimes.

Ah, it feels so good to explode about pointless bullshit again. It feels like I haven't done it in ages.

Have you considered that maybe your violent attitude is more problematic than a guy complaining about poor writing standards? A good writer can express his thoughts in fewer words, so he's not wrong and he CERTAINLY doesn't deserve asphyxiation or a bullet to the head.

Also if you're gonna complain about an entire generation being ignorant, learn the definition of "befall" before you use it.

the name's riley

Have you considered that maybe your violent attitude is more problematic than a guy complaining about poor writing standards? A good writer can express his thoughts in fewer words, so he's not wrong and he CERTAINLY doesn't deserve asphyxiation or a bullet to the head.

You do realize that I was being sarcastic right?

Also if you're gonna complain about an entire generation being ignorant, learn the definition of "befall" before you use it.

Fixed that, I meant to type baffles.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Using Speccy to see if anything's overheating. CPU average temp is 70 degrees Celsius. Any recommendations for a better CPU fan? Do note, currently I'm just surfing the web, nothing taxing.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Using Speccy to see if anything's overheating. CPU average temp is 70 degrees Celsius. Any recommendations for a better CPU fan? Do note, currently I'm just surfing the web, nothing taxing.

While venting would be a good source of heat release for the computer I'm not sure this is the thread you're looking for lol.

Retired Forum Moderator

While venting would be a good source of heat release for the computer I'm not sure this is the thread you're looking for lol.

Well I've vented about my computer issues here earlier, so you could see it as just continuation of said vent :P. Plus, I really don't know where else I could have posted that.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

From my experience Cooler Master was pretty well rounded when it came to price/performance. I currently have a 120 MM Cooler Master fan mounted onto my Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and ATM my FX 8320 at default clock speed is maintaining about 37-38 degrees celsius.

This thread really isn't an appropriate place to discuss hardware though as there's already a hardware subsection viewforum.php?f=56 for these forums.

You do realize that I was being sarcastic right?

Well I mean, I'm no expert on sarcasm, but considering the tone and lack of a point, it looks more like a very violent rant

the name's riley

...Guys.

You ever knew that you can just go to someone's profile and add them as a foe to hide the comments of that user, and that way you can forget about any bile they might have with them?

I'm asking this, because whenever I go to Free For All forum on this site, there is a good chance I encounter a comment, which then has a reply from a person which triggers a violent chain reaction. I'm looking at you two especially, Heliocentrical and Username... Actually, I can forget about Username. But Helio? Look, just do what I did and add that person as a foe, and we can forget about those bouts of pointless drama. I already tried to tell you a while ago, but you misinterpreted me, which is kind of my fault, since I should've elaborated on that

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Please don't backseat moderate. It often leads to more issues than it solves. As for the argument, it's tame but I would still prefer it if you two would not throw daggers at each other so much. It's a potent source of stress and I'm sure the rest of the forum would welcome the calm.

Retired Forum Moderator

...Guys.

You ever knew that you can just go to someone's profile and add them as a foe to hide the comments of that user, and that way you can forget about any bile they might have with them?

I'm asking this, because whenever I go to Free For All forum on this site, there is a good chance I encounter a comment, which then has a reply from a person which triggers a violent chain reaction. I'm looking at you two especially, Heliocentrical and Username... Actually, I can forget about Username. But Helio? Look, just do what I did and add that person as a foe, and we can forget about those bouts of pointless drama. I already tried to tell you a while ago, but you misinterpreted me, which is kind of my fault, since I should've elaborated on that

Please don't backseat moderate. It often leads to more issues than it solves. As for the argument, it's tame but I would still prefer it if you two would not throw daggers at each other so much. It's a potent source of stress and I'm sure the rest of the forum would welcome the calm.

I have some insight I would like to offer. I'm giving username the benefit of a doubt and not taking it personally. Back when I working with special needs people I encountered a behavioral pattern very similar to username's. When they spoke it was only on very basic terms. They were very quick to anger, unable to learn the nuances of social interaction and this lack of understanding would stress them out. I think username might be suffering from some form of autism(and I do not mean that as an insult). Her posts are often very basic, she seems to find social interaction very complicated, stressful and that's why her posts are as provocative as they are. She's acting out of defense and survival . She perceives other posts as some sort of indirect attack against herself because they serve as a source of stress for her.

I would say give username a bit of space in this regard. She's trying her best to be a part of this community and want's to talk about the things she likes. But she's unable to grasp the subtleties of social interaction and will feel like she's being attacked. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that. But if she posts something that comes across as aggressive don't assume it's an attack against you because it's not. It's an attack against what she finds stressful. So please just dismiss them and continue about your business.

-

I appreciate the sentiment but considering the fact that very little of this actually applies to me it comes off as very patronizing

the name's riley

-

I appreciate the sentiment but considering the fact that very little of this actually applies to me it comes off as very patronizing

Okay then, nonetheless I still give you benefit of a doubt and don't take your posts personally. I've always assumed that when you post your intention wasn't antagonistic in nature but rather mis-characterized as such. I'm not exactly the most socially charismatic person either as a good portion of my posts could come across as blunt and hamfisted. A lot of them are just how I felt at the time and not much else thought was put into them.

You'd think by this point Youtube would be more transparent with its users and listen to them more

Nope, every new video I've seen today is about Youtube's new advertising guidelines

Why doesn't Youtube have any viable competition yet

the name's riley

You'd think by this point Youtube would be more transparent with its users and listen to them more

Nope, every new video I've seen today is about Youtube's new advertising guidelines

Because Youtube is the single largest video hosting service and because of that it's entrenched. In order to hurt let alone touch Google's profits it's users would need to leave in droves of almost a billion including content creators. While this might seem easy for regular viewers who have no stake in Youtube as a business that isn't so for a good portion of content creators. Those people have made themselves careers out of making content on Youtube and while they made videos on how shitty Youtube is they ultimately can't leave Youtube due to that aforementioned self-made career. They depend on Youtube and have stake in it as a business. So leaving Youtube would be career suicide for them. Youtube has them by the balls and won't hesitate to cut them off at any given notice.

Now couple this with the fact that most users don't care and you've got a recipe for Youtube to do nothing. Youtube will stay right were it is, sitting on it's ass till the end of time because it can.

...I think I need to apologise for my behaviour. Got blindsided with the whole situation here, and stopped thinking about it properly. So... sorry about that, and I'm also sorry for acting like a moron and breaking some rules here, probably subsequently annoying the mods

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Because Youtube is the single largest video hosting service and because of that it's entrenched. In order to hurt let alone touch Google's profits it's users would need to leave in droves of almost a billion including content creators. While this might seem easy for regular viewers who have no stake in Youtube as a business that isn't so for a good portion of content creators. Those people have made themselves careers out of making content on Youtube and while they made videos on how shitty Youtube is they ultimately can't leave Youtube due to that aforementioned self-made career. They depend on Youtube and have stake in it as a business. So leaving Youtube would be career suicide for them. Youtube has them by the balls and won't hesitate to cut them off at any given notice.

Now couple this with the fact that most users don't care and you've got a recipe for Youtube to do nothing. Youtube will stay right were it is, sitting on it's ass till the end of time because it can.

If most users didn't care it wouldn't be the single biggest topic discussed on Youtube

And you act as though competition is just something that pops up overnight. Even in cases where there's no demand for competition someone will eventually come up and try to do something better, such is the case with Facebook and Twitter

Discord is a rising star right now because it offers a lot of what Skype does, only it's easier to use and much more reliable. It's an app targeted toward gamers and non-gamers are using it because it's a functional alternative to Skype, the only thing holding it back is the fact that Skype has the bigger userbase and offers video services.

If Google doesn't get their shit together and fix Youtube, something else very well could rise up and take its place and very quickly too.

a68zFfsdRgI

the name's riley

Discord is a rising star right now because it offers a lot of what Skype does, only it's easier to use and much more reliable. It's an app targeted toward gamers and non-gamers are using it because it's a functional alternative to Skype, the only thing holding it back is the fact that Skype has the bigger userbase and offers video services.

If Google doesn't get their shit together and fix Youtube, something else very well could rise up and take its place and very quickly too.

Pardon my intrusion of the conversation, I hope it's not a bother.

But content-creators don't make money off of Discord like they do on YouTube. Discord is far easier to switch to because there is no real loss if you do switch. You may lose some information/contacts but that's about it, and they're fairly easy to re-add if needed. If you would like to switch from YouTube to something else however, well that's a big decision. Maybe there will be a contender to YouTube, but we won't be seeing it for a while now. From personal experience - Google's known for taking their time though. They get their issues fixed. Just... eventually.

"One small step for man, One giant leap for a midget!"

- Robbaz

Pardon my intrusion of the conversation, I hope it's not a bother.

But content-creators don't make money off of Discord like they do on YouTube. Discord is far easier to switch to because there is no real loss if you do switch. You may lose some information/contacts but that's about it, and they're fairly easy to re-add if needed. If you would like to switch from YouTube to something else however, well that's a big decision. Maybe there will be a contender to YouTube, but we won't be seeing it for a while now. From personal experience - Google's known for taking their time though. They get their issues fixed. Just... eventually.

That issue is brought up in the video

It's basically guaranteed Youtube will EVENTUALLY take notice of all the protest and do something about it, but knowing them, another huge problem will take its place in a month.

the name's riley

That issue is brought up in the video

It's basically guaranteed Youtube will EVENTUALLY take notice of all the protest and do something about it, but knowing them, another huge problem will take its place in a month.

My apologies. I should have watched the video but I did not. I did not realize it was essential to further understanding the discussion.

But I agree, another problem will most likely arise. It's up to Google fix their issues before they begin having a decline in viewers. Though, unless the problem is huge, I highly doubt whatever drop happens that it'll have very much effect on the company anyway.

"One small step for man, One giant leap for a midget!"

- Robbaz