Vent

So there's this guy who comes once a few months, to pick up a bunch of clothes. Like $250 worth of clothes. However, he only pays for part of it, and only picks up part of it. Making a huge ass mess of clothes he still needs to pick up, and pay for, going back and forth on this dance. it's gotten so frustrating and confusing Both the manager, and I, are very tired of the whole thing. She left a note saying that he needs to pay for everything.

My manager looked through the whole place, even at the security footage, and says the total is $250. He comes in tonight, we go back and forth on the whole thing, on the amount he owes. He claims he owes half of that because he doesn't have to pay for his fiancee clothes. Even though she's never come here. Even though he's always picked up part of her's. Even though he's here to pick up and pay for the rest.

giphy-27.gif

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

I love how many people try to criticize Overwatch by calling it Overpriced, especially since it's done most often in the comments section of a youtube video of gameplay of a game currently priced at 60 dollars. You know, 20 dollars MORE than Overwatch.

Hate the game if you want, I'm not bothered by that. Same goes for any game really. But if you're gonna do it publicly, at least TRY not to look like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You could, maybe, point out the numerous flaws the game has such as the Season 3 matchmaking system separating players that have been playing and winning/losing together since there was a ranking system because the new algorithm decided you didn't deserve your rank, or the community's inability to understand that any hero can be viable if you actually work with them instead of crying in team chat like a baby who just had their candy stolen when someone wants to try a different composition other than the meta which generally doesn't work in solo queue anyways because it's built around 6 stack groups with heavy coordination. But nope. You take the easiest fact to check and fuck it up. G-fucking-G.

Oh what am I even doing? Catchy rewording beats out making sense every time.

Retired Forum Moderator

For me, I'm so used to TF2 being free, and part of me kinda expected arena shooters like Overwatch was going to be free too. Basically, muscle memory got the better of me.

Well no wonder so many people hate Rotten Tomatoes. It would seem that "Critics" can go there and barf out shitty opinions filled with the most insulting and vile words they can come up with and not have to worry about any consequences for being a total asshole to creators. Pretty convenient. Hell half of them aren't even proper reviews, and instead more like smear pieces aimed at the creators' character rather than the movie.

That being said at least that site has user reviews and I take intense delight when I see people calling out critics for being pieces of shit.

I've gotten to the point where the lower the Rotten Tomatoes score is, the more likely I am to watch it because every time I do I usually enjoy the movie. Sure almost none of them are cinema masterpieces and some are pretty obviously low budget but still enjoyable for what they are. And if a critic can't even acknowledge that then what good are they? These are people who are employed to do this and random users on steam write astronomically better reviews than these jokes.

I haven't even seen the movie they're panning but their wording is infuriating because they're basically implying that if I do see the movie and enjoy it then I'm braindead. Like, fuck you, maybe you're the one who's braindead if you can't even accept that other people might like something you don't without being a total waste of protein about it.

Retired Forum Moderator

Isn't Rotten Tomatoes like the Metacritic of Movies? I would hardly call people that use those sites legitimate critics.

I consider myself to be a critic more than a gamer or moviegoer. I like games and movies I consider to be good but don't enjoy the medium for the medium's sake. I find this distinction important and I don't think you can legitimately call me a gamer/moviegoer because of it. Gamers/moviegoers love whatever comes their way whereas I don't. If I watch a game/film I consider to be bad/mediocre then I've wasted my time which could've otherwise be spent on something worthwhile.

I also hate the self indulgent culture surrounding those mediums but that's a topic for another day.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Rotten Tomatoes has a section separated from user reviews that people employed as reviewers for magazines/websites can post theirs, and that's the score that usually gets displayed when you look up a movie. For example if you look up the Final Fantasy XV movie it'll show a RT score of 13% but if you go to the site itself that's from the 15 critics that do that as a job. The actual user rating from every day is about 72%.

I'd say you're more of a critical person when it comes to these mediums than an actual critic(weird saying that considering the origin of the word "critic"), which I don't have a problem with at all. To me a critic should be able to recognize and convey both objectivity and subjectivity, even in the presence of overwhelming like or dislike. Their aim should be to help others decide if something is worth their time before they devote it, and the only way to do that is to convey as much about not only their personal experience but the actual movie/game/thing as they can. Going into the review and seeing someone who's apparently a reviewer for the New York times suggest that I may be brain addled should I go see the movie and enjoy it is NOT what a critic should be doing. That's the kind of thing I expect to see my overly opinionated person-I-went-to-school-with-some-time-in-the-past post on facebook the exceedingly few times I actually go there, not from someone I'm expecting to help me decide if the movie might be something I'd want to see.

Retired Forum Moderator

Talking to a bunch of teenagers who don't understand tech stuff.

"Why isn't my mic working?"

"Is it your internet?"

"My internet is at full."

Wtf is that supposed to mean? The dumb fucks. XD Frustrates me to no end, especially as they're acting like they know what they're doing but they're actually just the epitome of ignorance.

3Jauxrw.jpg

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

How can you possibly provide fast and efficient technical support service when the systems you use run achingly slow and sometimes lock you out? Britain's telecommunication infrastructure is ass.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Shit like this that's on steam

I mean just look at the description:

Before you buy:

-THIS GAME IS HARD

The first level is easy to help you learn how to play the game, after that the game starts getting harder and harder

-This game has no key rebinding

-The graphics are set on High quality, you can't change them except for the resolution. Lowering the graphics quality is against RyuVsCloud policy, either play the game the way it's meant to be played or don't play it at all.

Are they trying to piss off as many people as possible while shooting themselves in the foot?

There's two reviews, one's a joke. The other says the controls are shit and the game's shit.

Shit like this that's on steam

I mean just look at the description:

Before you buy:

-THIS GAME IS HARD

The first level is easy to help you learn how to play the game, after that the game starts getting harder and harder

-This game has no key rebinding

-The graphics are set on High quality, you can't change them except for the resolution. Lowering the graphics quality is against RyuVsCloud policy, either play the game the way it's meant to be played or don't play it at all.

Are they trying to piss off as many people as possible while shooting themselves in the foot?

There's two reviews, one's a joke. The other says the controls are shit and the game's shit.

I honestly think most of this stuff has become an artistic discipline in Youtuber baiting nihilism. Wilfully sub-par games on Steam are almost a medium in-of-themselves, distinct from traditional games and more akin to a kind of cultural terrorism. I find it difficult to not be impressed by the bloody-minded and unperturbed gall of their developers - either through impressively deliberate ignorance or out of majestically genocidal loathing towards everything beautiful and worthwhile in this world, or some hitherto unnamed assemblage of both mindsets.

"My internet is at full."

icon_lol.gif This made my day Jeb, thank you.

For the sake of fairness though, I've accused my computer of far less reasonable things when my internet goes down.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

It's against their policy??? What the fuck? Never have I seen a company so egotistical that they would basically say; "lol Only the people with good computers can play our game." Do they know anything about selling games?

XD And I'm glad I made your day SelfSurprise. But the problem wasn't even severe, the chick just couldn't get her Discord to detect her mic and there were probably numerous ways to test and troubleshoot it but she was just sitting there complaining about it and not doing a damn thing.

*sigh* Just one of those moments where I wish I could reach through the computer monitor to both strangle her and fix it for her.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

XD And I'm glad I made your day SelfSurprise. But the problem wasn't even severe, the chick just couldn't get her Discord to detect her mic and there were probably numerous ways to test and troubleshoot it but she was just sitting there complaining about it and not doing a damn thing.

*sigh* Just one of those moments where I wish I could reach through the computer monitor to both strangle her and fix it for her.

Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak... :P

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I want to kick the person who said "if you don't try, you'll never succeed" in the dick. So far I've tried a lot, and maybe once succeeded in doing what I set out to do. In fact, most of the time, trying is why I fail in the first place. It's like I'm given a machine that prints money, but explodes if I press a button, and I go and press every button on the machine. Every computer I own, I break on my own, I'm a grade B student at the best of times, and I barely manage to be lineable. Am I one of God's punching bags? Given enough intelligence to do things, buh not enough to do anything right?

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Want headaches? Work retail.

Customer comes in for a redo (which are free unless they're past a certain date), employee agrees without checking the last drop off date. Manager double checks, last drop off date was two years ago, far too late for a free redo. So she changes the price.

Guy comes in today, we go back and forth, I tell him all the information I know (which is new price, and for reasons I didn't know at the time, the price changed). He tells me his receipt/ticket says otherwise, that redo should be free. The manager gets involved, via phone, aaaand I'm right, he's wrong, he has to pay the new price. Also, while he's yelling at her, I'm dealing with other customers and there's another on his bluetooth earpiece, and because of that, the two customers are in a yelling contest so they can hear the other person on the phone. (At this point I had to hold back laughter from the craziness).

Eventually the customer agrees to pay the new price, and he's rambling things to/at me, and before he leaves he looks at his clothes, sees one is damaged, and of course claims we caused that.

10200555.gif

Oh and good luck dealing with cranky old codgers, especially when you're already pissed off.

I've always hated how people treat retail workers, fast food workers, et c. I know one of those horrid customer types and it pisses me off whenever they do that shit. I understand why some of you might not have had the best day tha day, which is more than I can say for an unfortunate number of people. I sympathise with you, man.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

I sympathise with those who will find this news extremely frustrating, but I'm honestly not in the least bit surprised. It hardly matters that a lot of the alleged aspects of Valves "office culture" are anecdotal, the public perception that the company is hovering uneasily between half-conceived projects has already set sail. The fact that they've attained near-meme status among the internets more snarky opinionators is practically a testament to their enigmatic conduct, usually developers have to do something more bleedingly obvious and wilfully stupid before becoming the equivalent of Konami.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

After seeing so many damn articles on; "HL3 confirmed" "HL3 not confirmed" I'm just not trusting anything anymore. XD If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. It's not the end of the world if HL3 isn't made or doesn't exist.

-------

After seeing so many damn articles on; "HL3 confirmed" "HL3 not confirmed" I'm just not trusting anything anymore. XD If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. It's not the end of the world if HL3 isn't made or doesn't exist.

This and words like "supposedly" followed by your source (like 'he supposedly works at VALVe') throws all credibility out of the window for me.