Vent

What's the longest amount of time that one of those door-to-door salesmen has actually been inside your home? I'll bet that it's not for very long. Well, how about a whopping 4 and a half hours? Yeah. This salesman came to the house about 11:30 this morning and wasn't out until roughly 4 pm. It wasn't as if we just couldn't get him out... No, my mom saw fit to just let him hang around. Sit down, watch some tv, chit-chat a bit, etc...

I don't get how her mind works sometimes. This guy is selling vacuums, don't know what brand and really don't care. Anyway, we already have 4 vacuums in this house and still only one of them really gets used, and yet she deems it perfectly fine to pay almost $3,000 to buy this new one! She paid this snake oil salesman almost 3 grand, and thinks it's okay just because he said he's selling them to pay for a trip. He didn't even specify what kind of "trip" it was.

Here I sit, a guy who's goal is to move halfway across the country and attend wrestling school (a risky and expensive venture, I admit) and I can't even get a vocal show of support from my parents, let alone monetary. Yet they're perfectly fine buying a $3,000 vacuum from this guy so he can pay for a "trip."

I swear, every time I try to sit and have a serious conversation with my parents about my goals, it ends one of 4 ways. Either,

A) My mom leaves the room.

B) My mom starts telling me I should be an X-Ray Tech, like my Uncle always wanted to be. Then leaves the room.

C) My mom starts talking about how successful my sister's friends are. Then leaves the room.

D) My mom goes outside to have a cigarette.

I just don't get it.

I swear, every time I try to sit and have a serious conversation with my parents about my goals, it ends one of 4 ways. Either,

A) My mom leaves the room.

B) My mom starts telling me I should be an X-Ray Tech, like my Uncle always wanted to be. Then leaves the room.

C) My mom starts talking about how successful my sister's friends are. Then leaves the room.

D) My mom goes outside to have a cigarette.

I just don't get it.

Just mention on your way out the door that you're on the way to go rob a bank to pay for your schooling. Should get some attention.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

What kind of sadist assigns 27 easy problems but makes me go through mathematical hoops just to check them? And if I don't check them but get the correct answer, it's marked as incorrect, anyway.

I hate this class. A lot.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I hate math class. A lot.

Welcome to the fucking club.

And why in the world do people always insist on using the built-in flash on their camera? It makes the pictures look terrible, and when you try to explain it to them, and show them the huge difference between pictures taken with and without flash, the decide that "the flash is just easier", and ignore your photography tips from then on. Gaaah.

People are idiots, they never believe that anyone could know more than they do...

Reminds me of when i gave this guy picking advice when he was playing guitar. He was using his entire arm to strum, instead of his wrist. So, i thought i'd be helpful and said "hey man, try strumming with just your wrist, you're actually defeating yourself using your whole arm." then he said "dude, not trying to sound like a dick, but until you can play better than me you shouldn't be giving out advice." or something like that.

there was three things wrong with that.

A: don't say "not trying to sound like a dick" (or "No offense")to me, ever. it does not give you a free pass to be a dick, and it just makes you sound like a disrespectful jackass.

B: I've looked up playing guitar, watched videos, tutorials, band interviews, and am basically obsessed with music. the only problem is that i don't own a guitar.

And C, which falls into B: Just because you can't DO something as well as someone doesn't mean you don't KNOW as much/more than they do.

BTW thanks for bringing that subject up guys, I've been wanting to rant about that for awhile.

I hate when people doesnt ask you if they can come with you home, they just go with you to your house and when you ask: "Where are you going?" -"To you."

Yesterday I was gonna play some Amnesia with my friend, and without asking me first, he brings home 2 other guys. I mean, its OK for people to come to my house as long as they ASK first. Atleast these are guys that I know, but still.

The worst scenario was last summer, when me and a friend were going to my summer-house, he was gonna sleep over and then we would tale the bus to the location.

Now there was this guy who I strongly dislike (for personal reasons) and we waited for him to clean his house (it only took him 6 hours, all of those Which I sat there waiting). But finally he managed to get his ass outside, and then his parents called, said that he hadnt cleaned good enough and had to come home. Who got the blame? Me ofcourse. I had apperanly been "stressing" him. /facepalm

Anyways, me and my friend was outside without him, having fun. Eventually we went home, and who comes knocking on the door? You guessed it. I let him in, and eventually I say: arent you going home soon? Its pretty late. The answer: Im gonna sleep here. DID I SAY YOU COULD?! NO!!

In the morning, he doesnt clean up after him, he just goes home..

My point: Have a little respect and fucking ask me first if you can stay at my house !

"Life sucks sober!"

I hate my allergies... I'm about ready to die from them.

Lately in Team Fortress 2 (PC version) I've been seeing Spies only using their revolvers, never backstabbing, never disguising, and almost never cloaking. Not only that, but Snipers not using a Razorback because they claim it sucks, and that the Jarate is better. The reason never is because they don't have one, it's always the same.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

But the razorback is such a situational weapon while the Jarate will always benefit you in some way.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I cannot lie to you, mates.... sorry for that, but the all other things are actually true.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

NOO! EDD'S DEAD!

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

GG, Business & Computer Science teacher.

Despite my over 100 WPM (words per minute) without using your silly "homerow position," you still refuse to record that speed as my score for a GRADED TEST.

A more coherent explanation since I typed that in a bout of frustration: Today in my Business class we had to take a graded typing test. Without using the homerow position, I scored highly. However, using the homerow position is compulsory; if we don't use it, the teacher refuses to record the speed.... and I have no experience with the position whatsoever, so failing the class is about inevitable.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

I hate it when teachers do that.

"Why didn't I get any points for this?"

"Because you didn't do it right."

"But it is the correct answer!"

"But you didn't do it the way I told you to do it."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lucky for me, I have no teachers at this school who do this.

Hell, my Algebra teacher would let me use a calculator during a math test and just not give a shit.

Also known as "Username"

Hell, my Algebra teacher would let me use a calculator during a math test and just not give a shit.

Wait this isn't allowed normally where you live?

GG, Business & Computer Science teacher.

Despite my over 100 WPM (words per minute) without using your silly "homerow position," you still refuse to record that speed as my score for a GRADED TEST.

A more coherent explanation since I typed that in a bout of frustration: Today in my Business class we had to take a graded typing test. Without using the homerow position, I scored highly. However, using the homerow position is compulsory; if we don't use it, the teacher refuses to record the speed.... and I have no experience with the position whatsoever, so failing the class is about inevitable.

I also cannot use the 'homerow' method of typing... I rarely use more than 6 fingers, (3 from each hand) and can still get a 40+ WPM speed down. Don't know why this crappy 'homerow' shit is so important to teachers when it's the biggest reason for carpal tunnel syndrome... (my typing method prevents my wrists from resting against anything, and keeps all my joints moving comfortably)

This is the biggest reason why public school students in the USA are among the least knowledgeable in the world.

Wait this isn't allowed normally where you live?

I don't know what you just said.

No, my math teacher wouldn't and couldn't let me use it in a state test or EOC test or something big like that, but it's normally used and sometimes even required with normal work and weekly tests.

Also known as "Username"

Screw NOT using calculators. I used to always sneak in a calculator during middle school work. Elementary math was pretty easy but once you start getting into algebra, fuck it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."