Vent

Well, venting is not the same as complaining. This is more of a visceral, let it out of your system thing, not an intellectual exercise.

Where there's a vent... There's a way!

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Actually, I found the internet quite useful for blowing off steam a few years ago when I was going through some deep @#$%.

This was back when the girl I was living with was on much different paid meds than she is now (really nasty bad ones), and everything about the relationship was going to hell because the meds were messing with her personality, making her not just stupid but angry and aggressive to the point of violence.

It finally hit the breaking point when she accidentally OD'd and nearly died at my home while I was at work.

I actually managed to find more sympathy and useful coping strategies online than I could find in the real world, though this was largely because I belonged to a large forum and there were medical professionals and psychologists and other people with great experience among its members.

So yeah, venting online for that sort of thing isn't necessarily a bad thing.

(Things are better now, Everything is cool.)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I appreciate this thread. I need to let out some rage.

BLARGH! NORTH GEORGIA SUCKS!! WE GET NOTHING BUT CLOUDS, HAIL, LIGHTNING, AND TORNADO WATCHES!!! BLAAAARGH, I WANT SOME SUN WITH NO CHANCES OF STORMS LIKE SEATTLE, WASHINGTON!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amidoinitrite

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Urdoinitratherwellakshually.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHH, WHY ISN'T THIS ANTHONY SOWELL CASE MOVING ANY FASTER!?!?

RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!! :evil:

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

It's funny, I often think to myself that I could really use a thread to vent off steam in, and now that one's actually up, I find myself rather lacking in anger right now. O_o

Retired Forum Moderator

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHH, WHY ISN'T THIS ANTHONY SOWELL CASE MOVING ANY FASTER!?!?

THAT trial needs to go by faster.

useewutididthere?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

^

useewutididthere?

Icwutudidthar, and I agree. Both trials have taken up ridiculous amount of time and taxpayer money. They both have to face the consequences of their actions and stop prolonging the inevitable.

EDIT: It's eerily coincidental how you did that, Epsilon

^

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHH' date=' WHY ISN'T THIS ANTHONY SOWELL CASE MOVING ANY FASTER!?!?

useewutididthere?

Icwutudidthar, and I agree. Both trials have taken up ridiculous amount of time and taxpayer money. They both have to face the consequences of their actions and stop prolonging the inevitable.

EDIT: It's eerily coincidental how you did that, Epsilon

I noticed the word "Anthony" then "case", and I saw a "y."

the high point of anyone's life is when they feel like a TV dinner.

r0000159jpg.png

My windows open but my room is only getting hotter. :(

Ever since I've been out of school, there's been an ambient pressure by family and what I could suppose society at large to get a job, since apart from working in order to get money, experience and contacts, I have nothing to do at home apart from play video games, talk on this forum (since I have been disillusioned and entirely disinterested in The Escapist Magazine, whose intolerance and prejudices against some ideals which may include Christianity drove me away {which I pray is not a specific that would come to pass on this forum}) and work on my demoreel, all while the concerns raise about the usefulness and practicality of the new demoreel, in addition to the costs of my having a cell phone, debt from school, and internal searching in the pursuit of refining my beliefs in Christ.

Considering getting a girlfriend also complicates things.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

My repeated time-wasting annoys me. I have things I want to do that I should do but I idle my time away. And then it's just another day wasted, yet more time down the drain. This annoys me. I see people who are workaholics, who seem to just work and work and find it easy to be able to knuckle down and do things (not to say that the work itself is easy, merely that they can just sit down and work). Then you have the people who laze around, play video games all day, eat junk food and sleep at odd hours, and are perfectly content with it.

Then I have myself, where I end up screwing up my sleep pattern, playing too many video games/watching films/idling time away and not eating healthily, and yet unlike other people who seem content, I do not, my mind screams at me that I really shouldn't be wasting my time. This bothers me. A lot.

Still, I try to be productive and try to get things done and learn things. I'm just lazy really. And I despise that aspect of myself.

/rant

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

AHAH! A vent Thread! Die Hard has shone me the way once again!

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Am I the only person that thought this was about Ventrilo? Anyways, you asked for it. *breaths in deeply* My summer vacation just started and I feel about as excited as I did to start school last Fall. The people I used to hang out at my cabin with have shown me how much they care about me, but my family will insist I go up with them for a large portion of my vacation. This will probably mean that using my computer will be seen as worse than heroin, and then things will get worse when my grandparents show up and treat me like I'm 10, telling me not to ruin my appetite and go "do something". This is all worsened by the fact that my mind needs solitude, which doesn't usually happen in small cabins with lots of people. I'm trying to get a job so that I have both a reason to stay home and something to do for two months, but getting a job at 16 isn't necessarily easy and the one I think I might get is probably physical labor, which isn't bad for my fitness but not exactly a dream job. And even if I do get a job, I'm saving for a new computer, but I'm also waiting for Intel's new processors which probably won't come out until Winter/Fall anyways, and to add to the "insane" wait (I'm 16 :roll: ) already, I plan to wait until either boxing day or black friday sales to buy most of my parts, so the money I make now will seem like for nothing for another 5 months. I know it will be worth the wait, but it's like waiting for Black Mesa or Half Life 3 (or MLP:FiM season 2 :D ). Any wait seems too long.

Well that's it! You're lucky, if I had posted in a thread like this in December I could have told you about the train wreck my life was/is, I probably would have wrote something twice as long...

@Blue: Almost everyone has those kind of problems when they get out of school. You're expected to immediately get a job and find a role in society, but I like to think that isn't necessary unless you have some serious debt problems. If you ask me, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what you do with your free time but if you feel guilty for not getting anything done, then try to help around the house. That's all I have to say.

@Lord Sinister: People work like that because they found something to motivate or drive them. If you want to be more productive, try to find a motivator.

My turn to rant.

I think that people don't take me seriously. I used to be very apathetic but over the years I "woke up" from that episode in my life and matured emotionally and mentally. The thing is though, I'm very empathetic. I want to help people to the best of my ability and I am always quick to apologize if I hurt someone's feelings but I feel like this is an ability that other people can take advantage of and manipulate for their own purposes. I want to learn how to not care about some things but I just can't. I'm also afraid that if I do learn to stop caring, I'll go back to being my old self and I can't allow that to happen again.

/Rant

I'm actually quite content with my life ATM. I have a huge backlog of games, I'm getting high marks in all of my exams (except Physics), I've finally got around to learning how to mod and I'm doing work for my father so tht I can earn money ( for more games :roll: and PC gaming hardware)

This is more of a generalized statement "Rant," not directed at anyone in particular.

People...

HANG. UP. AND. DRIVE!!!!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Then I have myself, where I end up screwing up my sleep pattern, playing too many video games/watching films/idling time away and not eating healthily, and yet unlike other people who seem content, I do not, my mind screams at me that I really shouldn't be wasting my time. This bothers me. A lot.

Still, I try to be productive and try to get things done and learn things. I'm just lazy really. And I despise that aspect of myself.

/rant

So similar to me...

I really hate workaholics though, they always seem to put me down because I get bored with work that they find "extremely intellectually satisfying". I'm sorry, but physical labor/filing documents/imputing information into a database does nothing for my mental restlessness.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.