Vent

Pony haters.

I couldn't give a shit less about MLP, but I'm fucking sick of of hearing about self righteous Rainbow Dash murder fantasies.

I hear ya, same thing with athiests who think they are so cool when bashing religions...

Why cant people just keep their opinions to themselves ?

"Life sucks sober!"

GODDAMMIT UK, JUST LET ME HAVE MEXICO ALREADY.

(Victoria II. Don't mind me.)

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Pony haters.

I couldn't give a shit less about MLP, but I'm fucking sick of of hearing about self righteous Rainbow Dash murder fantasies.

I hear ya, same thing with athiests who think they are so cool when bashing religions...

Why cant people just keep their opinions to themselves ?

Isn't the whole point of being an atheist to avoid religious confrontation?

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

Its just so stupid. Why cant we just let people believe what they believe? As long as they dont scream it in your face.

"Life sucks sober!"

Because people have differing opinions and they feel the need to vent about it, or in many cases, feel its their 'duty' to prove other people wrong.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

(This isn't an angry vent, just a "WTF I don't know what to do AAAAA" vent)

I just had one of the most difficult conversations I've ever had online.

I edited some guy's MLP fanfic once, and he kept telling me how grateful he was. One day he asked to borrow my degreaser on TF2 (my favorite pyro weapon, and the only one I had), and when I got it back it had name AND description tags that essentially said "thank you for editing my MLP fic."

I'll get shit for being a brony on any non-pony server, and on pony servers I'll just get requests to be an editor. The name itself is long and clunky and overly personal. I can't take the name off because tags are hard to find and I don't want to be a douche to such a nice guy. It's my only one, though, so I can't just keep it in the backpack as a keepsake. Really it was just poorly thought over, but I'm not going to say that. And, of course, he asked me if I liked it or not. I said "look over there!" then went offline, I just had no clue how to continue. When I did go back online, I just admitted I couldn't say something nice and was instead saying nothing at all, and he gave me another degreaser, then we both kind of shuffled away slowly to write our fics.

That's kind of like borrowing your car, going to the paint shop, and getting a detail saying "thank you for helping me move." Now every friend you have is gonna ask you to help move, but you can't get rid of it because your friend paid good money to get it on there and you don't want to look like an ass. Also it looks ugly.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Shiny, here's the thing about Passive-Aggression. When you rant at another group of people about something someone else did that you're not so stellar about, that's actually what you need to tell the person directly. Tell him "I really do appreciate the thought, man, but I've been getting all these requests because of my weapon, so it's just a little bothersome to be bombarded like that. I know you meant well by it, but it just doesn't work out for me," or something like that. Be polite, but also be honest. It's a fine line to walk, but your life gets so much better when you develop some balance.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

It wasn't so much passive-aggression as just avoidance. I would never lie about it, but I wasn't going to be a ungrateful, and I couldn't just say nothing because he asked me about it. I just had absolutely no idea what to say. If you want I can post or PM the conversation.

Nah, that's okay. I'm just saying it's usually best to be straightforward about it. If he's got a pair of testacles between his legs, he won't be very bothered by it, so you shouldn't either.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

If he's got a pair of testacles between his legs, he won't be very bothered by it
I thought you said you weren't sexist.

I'm kidding.

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

So, I was downloading a 300 MB file (about 40 minutes download time). A storm came up at about halfway through. The power went off for about three seconds when the download was at 98%. Of course, it was ruined.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

I've done absolutely nothing worthwhile this summer. I barely go outside anymore and most of my friends stopped talking to me. I've decided I want to start working out to keep myself occupied, so I tell my mom that I'm going to start jogging in the morning. She looks at me like I'm crazy for wanting to step outside, and she throws a giant fit and starts arguing with me, saying she doesn't want me hanging out with the wrong people and getting thrown in jail or dying in the streets. (The cold, hard streets of suburbia *Shudders*.) Despite the fact that nobody really talks to me anymore.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

I've done absolutely nothing worthwhile this summer. I barely go outside anymore and most of my friends stopped talking to me. I've decided I want to start working out to keep myself occupied, so I tell my mom that I'm going to start jogging in the morning. She looks at me like I'm crazy for wanting to step outside, and she throws a giant fit and starts arguing with me, saying she doesn't want me hanging out with the wrong people and getting thrown in jail or dying in the streets. (The cold, hard streets of suburbia *Shudders*.) Despite the fact that nobody really talks to me anymore.

Tha's pretty much my situation but my Dad wants me outside and I want to stay in.

Fuck you, Steam! quit making people appear offline when in all other appearances, they're not! i'm sick of restarting steam to remedy this. Jesus, Tech support guys, get your fucking shit together! plus, it's not a fun time when i'm seemingly ignoring everyone else!

Fuck you, Steam! quit making people appear offline when in all other appearances, they're not! i'm sick of restarting steam to remedy this. Jesus, Tech support guys, get your fucking shit together! plus, it's not a fun time when i'm seemingly ignoring everyone else!

YES YES YES YES YES

ALL OF THIS

YES YES YES YES YES

ALL OF THIS

Indeed. It seems everyone will need to rename a non-Steam game "restart Steam, damnit!"