Vent

Fuck you, Steam! quit making people appear offline when in all other appearances, they're not! i'm sick of restarting steam to remedy this. Jesus, Tech support guys, get your fucking shit together! plus, it's not a fun time when i'm seemingly ignoring everyone else!

There are two ways to fix that:

1. Invite someone else into the chat; names will appear greyed out but you can click them.

2. Block then unblock the person; this also causes everyone else who's Online but appears Offline to appear Online.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Well another Telltale game glitched out on me and now I need to start over. First I got a game-ending glitch in the first BTTF episode. Basically, what happens is a cutscene that needs to trigger won't trigger and you can't force it to trigger otherwise. Now, my Jurassic Park game decided to corrupt my save file after I beat episode 1 and was halfway through episode 2. If I want to continue, I need to start over from the beginning.

It baffles me as to why Telltale doesn't use Steam's cloud service for gamesaves, as I feel this might not have happened if that were the case.

It seriously annoys the hell out of me when people think there's some kind of inherent visual requirements to art that if you don't follow, it's instantly bad art and anyone who likes it is a bad person. So what if the anatomy is off, so what if there's darker/richer colors in the background than in the foreground, so what if the angle at which an object sits/stands/whatevers(yes, I verbed that word. That one too.) is physically impossible. IT'S ART. ART IS ART AND THERE'S NO RIGHT AND WRONG, GOOD OR BAD IN ART. Only opinions of what you like or dislike. And just because someone likes something you don't, IT. DOES. NOT. MAKE. YOU. BETTER. I can't BELIEVE this is still a problem.

I swear if I hear something similar to "so you like bad anatomy? lol idiot." one more time, I can't be held responsible for what happens next. I'm tired of ignorant minds trying to "enlighten" me to their stupidity.

Retired Forum Moderator

It's hard to post here.

For starters, half the topics in the Free-For-All section would be better off on Twitter or Facebook, because what you just ate is really, really not interesting. To anyone. I'm sorry.

The FFA section is like some kind of insanely overcrowded apartment of ideas, with multiple topics hot racking threads. One section shouldn't be housing all the topics people want to talk about, it's too much. There should be a pony section at this point, because if you want to discuss something in particular in the pony thread you have to pray to god that someone isn't going to change the subject immediately. Not to mention if you miss a discussion that you wanted to add to, you're screwed. Making a thread for every topic would make the FFA section unnavigable, but trying to fit every topic into a single thread makes the thread unnavigable and a lot less fun.

There are too many things being talked about with too little space. The whole forum wasn't designed for this, it was designed to host discussions about Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection, but that wasn't changed even when it became apparent that those conversations would be taking a back seat to the Free-For-All section. I guess the reason why everyone talks so much about random crap is because there is no common goal for the Free-For-All section. Chemistry forums, anime forums, body building forums, video game forums, hardware forums. They all don't have this problem because people that post on them all were attracted there for the same reason. Chemistry, anime, body building, video games or hardware. We all came here, or at least I hope we all came here, because we like Freeman's Mind or Civil Protection. But there's a big disparity between what this site was designed for, and what it's used for. More so than any other forum I can recall.

Yeah we aren't getting a pony section after all that previous drama. And with the inclusion of both the random thread and chat thread, all other idea's usually just get dumped in there instead of having an intelligent topic made about them.

And about this section not having a common goal is exactly why it exists. It's where misc topics of whatever the person wants to speak about get dumped, from simple questions, to showing off a link they found, to just random crap like the what you ate thread and listening to thread. because honestly, how often do you see someone comment on another song someone listened to? about as much as anyone has about the what's eaten. This section, by default, is a thought dump. It's chaotic in it's existence and like all forums with a similar section, inevitably becomes the most active section on the forums.

This whole section could be made more intelligent if everything wasn't summed up with 3 major threads: pony, random, and chat. Pony will be herded into 1 thread here due to the fact that the few on the forum who despise it will not stand for having a section dedicated to it and they'd cause an uproar if more than 1 topic existed. The chat is a threaded version of this whole section so it can honestly be eliminated unless used for "how you doing", "when is blah", "did you watch" etc. which it hasn't really. it's just been a changing hue of different topics that could benefit with their own thread. The random thread is most used because there are no inherent rules to it. you post whatever the hell you want that makes no sense while trying to avoid an intelligent discussion(which we've all been guilty of breaking that rule)

Honestly the only thing that's left is really kinda useless surface thoughts. And people see that those 3 threads kinda eat the activity of the section and then flood it with lesser important things in an attempt to keep everything active.

And yes, we all came here for freeman's mind and CP, but there's only so much you can talk about it, and judging by the nature of the topics I see in that section, we're running out of things to talk about. So people go to the other sections instead.

TL:DR subject grouping topics are leading good individual idea's to 1 thread and the subject this entire forum can only be discussed so much without degrading into the senseless.

Retired Forum Moderator

I'm really unsure what you're trying to say, and your "TL:DR" just confused the hell out of me. My post was primarily about:

1. What we originally were attracted to the forum for is not what we use it for, yet no major changes have been made.

2. Individual threads cover too broad a range of topics to effectively cover them all.

3. Too many pointless topics have been started.

I don't know if you're disagreeing with me or not. If you are, what are you disagreeing with?

There is only so much you can say about Freeman's Mind and CP. Thus, as this sight has no other real dedications, it becomes more of a small social network than a forum. Now, while I do like the FFA section and feel it should be left that way, as its social network structure make it an enjoyable virtual get-together/ hang-out spot for people with similar interests, there do need to be different subforums than what we currently have. A subforum labeled hobbies that contains several sub-forums of different hobbies and then the thread that applies to specific hobbies (i.e. Hobbies > Television > My Little Pony > FanFiction) or (Serious Topic Discussion > War and Military > America's Approach on the Middle Eastern Crisis) would be MUCH better to have than the current chaotic mess we use, where the FFA covers everything and the STD covers everything serious etc.

TL;DR Although I enjoy and love this community and the chummy Social Network feel it has, it needs better structure and organization to it.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

not disagreeing more as trying to explain why. The pointless topics exist because all the good topics get crammed into the general chat or random thread. people make the pointless ones because they feel the forum lacks activity when they see no new threads being made. Then I offered possible, fixes that probably won't happen.

Retired Forum Moderator

I get what you're saying, but of course you need Mod, maybe even Admin leverage to pull off any major changes to the forum. Maybe we should PM this convo in to a still-active admin, possibly even Ross when he's not too busy with all the other crap he has to deal with.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I think I'm starting to get the politics of the system.

Mods = Police Force

Admins = Politicians that make the decisions as to the order of the site

Ross = Supreme Galactic Overlord.

But yea, next chance I get I'll contact her.

From what I've seen them post, I think the people who are the ones making the really stupid topics with little to no room for discussion just don't know any better, or lack the ability to realize that what they're saying doesn't really warrant it's own topic.

On an unrelated note:

Okay, so you're going to complain about the free food that they didn't have to give you where you willingly signed up as an UNPAID VOLUNTEER? If that was the only thing that they had said, I wouldn't have as big a problem with them as I do now. But to think you have the need to bitch at the *one* guy in charge of finding volunteers, who has 200 different people breathing down his neck, about your belief that you should be entitled to free food and should get preferential treatment from the people who have been there for 12 hours just makes you an ungrateful prick. Props to the guy who was in charge of the volunteers though, he was really chill about the whole situation.

100 percent average every time, all the time.

Gotta love those living shitsacks of irony. Self-entitled scrubs may be amongst the foulest of earth scum.

Fortunately, I have nothing to complain about right now. If I think of something, I'll be sure to leave my rant.

Found out today that the states are getting screwed on another blu-ray anime release, this time Persona 4 The Animation. Aside from the fact that Sentai is handling the release (which means they'll want a kidney for what it is and will include the bare minimum bonus features, see Clannad and Clannad: AS for examples), but now another party in the licensing deal has denied them the right to include subtitles and the original Japanese track with the release. Why? Because they're afraid of reverse importing to get around the insane prices in Japan. And who could blame Japanese anime fans? As much as I complain about Sentai's pricing, it doesn't compare to how bad it is in the Japanese market (or so I've been told is the justification here).

Granted, for someone like me who knows how to get around this, this isn't much of an issue, but that's the thing. It shouldn't BE an issue in the first place.

My plight is similar to Doublenature's... school starts on Monday. I'm starting high school this year at the largest high school in my county, and I have no idea as to where anything is. I attended the orientation, and when we were going to be taken throughout the school to learn the location of important places, we were instructed to go to the band room to find our parents to leave...

I don't know how they expect an inexperienced 9th grader to navigate a mammoth of a school all by himself. Just about the only place I'm acquainted with is the cafeteria, and that's because it's close to the building's main entrance.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?