Vent

(not talking to anyone, i write better when i feel like i'm talking to someone.)

Okay, the reason why i don't vent to you or mom is because when i do, and a little word like "goddamn" or "fucking" comes out, you have to interrupt me to correct me. Which pisses me off more. parents in general are horrible to talk about your problems to. when you feel down, they tell you you shouldn't feel this way, or i'm being stupid, instead of listening, they lie to me religiously (And don't even get me started on that...)Anyway, what you don't get. I don't want advice to be completely honest. i just want somebody to listen to me. Not judge, not tell me some bullshit like they know my life, or my feelings. i'm sorry, but just because you're my parents don't always mean you're an expert. Like mom, you think i'm sad or some shit...but i'm just in my own head thinking of random things and that's just the face i make of neutrality. So, i WANT to share my problems with you, but not if you can't be fucking objective! okay?!

No one's comenting on my thread. I WORKED HARD, DAMNIT!

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

I'm really getting sick of my current job. If we had a counter for "days gone without being short-staffed," we would never get above a 3. And the store has been open for over a year, isn't a small business, and the management is very much aware of the problem. They interview people, but only hire for cashier jobs. We don't NEED more cashiers, you dumbasses! We need more people to do the actual labor (if this offends any one with a cashier job, then take it elsewhere. Of every job I've worked, the easiest ones are behind the cash stand). Then, for the candidates that would be good for the manual labor spots, the managers get picky as hell about the little things and don't hire any of them. They bitch, moan, and gripe about how our survey scores and comments aren't good (one of which called out our GM for being an incompetent idiot who can't put his phone away on the job), but insist that it's the current staff's fault. Yeah, sure, all 3 of us.

Here's to hoping some of the applications I've passed out this last week bear some fruit!

Whatever happened to games? Battlefield has gotten worse, call of duty got bad 4 and forward, ace combat failed with their newest etc.

I remember playing tribes as a kid and it was HARD. Because those games actually had some challange. It wasnt: "Shoot enemies to kill them durrrrr"

My generation is bad, and I should feel bad.

Tribes ascend is still fun though.

Also noticing how mass effect 3 is starting to show its lack of interaction....

"Life sucks sober!"

back in my days we used to go outside

yeah

So did I, untill I lost most of my friends due to... reasons.

You do make a valid point, though.

"Life sucks sober!"

Whatever happened to games? Battlefield has gotten worse, call of duty got bad 4 and forward, ace combat failed with their newest etc.

I remember playing tribes as a kid and it was HARD. Because those games actually had some challange. It wasnt: "Shoot enemies to kill them durrrrr"

My generation is bad, and I should feel bad.

Tribes ascend is still fun though.

Also noticing how mass effect 3 is starting to show its lack of interaction....

The state of pop culture is generally deplorable... I posted a music-related vent a while back; it concerned the transition of 96.1 from a rock station to a station airing hackneyed pop, hip-hop, rap, etc.

Then there's the state of video games as you've said... I'm also feeling as if the quality of the film industry is declining; I can't remember the last time I genuinely ENJOYED going to see a movie.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Every generation is worse in the eyes of those that came before. When there is new stuff there are always people who complain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I actually recall reading that that phenomenon (that certain generations consider their succeeding ones to be inferior to theirs) occurred even centuries ago, so it's possible it's just some sort of natural effect, but franchises like Call of Duty being incredibly popular just make me wonder what happened to video games.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

What bugs me is the lack of freedom in todays games. I have no problem with linearity, as long as its done right (see half-life).

"Life sucks sober!"

Yeah, I actually recall reading that that phenomenon (that certain generations consider their succeeding ones to be inferior to theirs) occurred even centuries ago, so it's possible it's just some sort of natural effect, but franchises like Call of Duty being incredibly popular just make me wonder what happened to video games.

They got popular. It's as simple as that. The audience has grown at a ridiculous rate and the industry has to adapt in order to appeal to a larger audience. But it's not like AAA games the only ones that exist. Indie games are thriving like never before and with stuff like Kickstarter it is easier than ever to get even more risky titles out(seeing as if your game gets fully funded at all you can pretty much be certain that there is an audience big enough for what you are trying to do). While AAA games might be getting worse as a result of trying to reach out to a big audience(which they HAVE to do in order to make enough money to stay AAA) they are not the only kind of games out there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I met some seemingly wonderful people at the start of the school year and now they already dislike me. At first it seemed like we were getting along great and then out of nowhere they develop this infuriating sense of superiority. Talking slow to me like I'm stupid and being rude. I would talk to them about it but I get the feeling that they wouldn't understand. I think they aren't doing it on purpose but it just pisses me off. I'm worried that if I do bring it up I'll sound like an ass.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

That video was greatly amusing, and that man has an exceptional control of the F word, not single one seems excessive or out of place (even in his other videos which I'm watching right now).

Anyway.

My venting.

I have 3 things really. First I have some very first world problems now that I have a notable number of subscribers on Youtube (annoying commenters, living up to expectations, trying to inflate/deflate my ego the appropriate amount), Second is girl troubles that can be summed up incredibly fast (I like a girl, barely get to see her, as soon as my schedule fills up, she starts going out with another guy), but the last one is why I'm here.

I have a "friend" who I hate. A lot. My very first impression of him was "hey, he kind of looks a lot like the neckbeard meme guy, ponytail and all." He has awkwardly placed himself in every geek group in the college, he's admitted to shoplifting just for fun, he spawncamped during lasertag ("not really, I gave them a few seconds"), he brags about getting free tee shirts, he invites himself to everything, he laughs at people whenever he wins something, he eats everything with chopsticks (stir-fry, chicken nuggets, double-sized pieces of cake and everything he says makes me want to throw something at him.

At first I was being kind to him and him to me, then I hid it, but now I just openly hate him (I told him to his face that last part about throwing things at him).

Now, I'm fine with him being an anime supremecist guy (I met him at an anime club my friend dragged me to), I'm fine with him being a yu-gi-oh tournament player, I'm fine with him being a weeaboo, I'm fine with him being incredibly fat and unattractive, I'm fine with him wearing his hoodie like a Hobbit cloak, and I'm fine with him constantly talking about his pokemon. I have lots of friends who do stuff like that, and it's kind of what connects us as a group, but he does all of that, on top of the stuff I said before. I hate his guts, and I don't even care that everyone knows it, and I'm happy knowing that no one has ever disagreed with me after the first two weeks of knowing him.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

I have a friend like that, too. Not really an anime nerd but just someone I really cannot stand and wish would just go away. Your friend sounds like everything wrong with anime geeks and nerds wrapped up into one. I mean, seriously, eating everything with chopsticks? How does that even work?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I have a friend like that, too. Not really an anime nerd but just someone I really cannot stand and wish would just go away. Your friend sounds like everything wrong with anime geeks and nerds wrapped up into one. I mean, seriously, eating everything with chopsticks? How does that even work?

It doesn't.

I know a guy like that, I met him in passing at school, I was kind to him (mostly because I thought he was mentally challenged) and now he NEVER LEAVES ME ALONE!!! Allways he finds a way to be around me and he never shouts the fuck up about Pokemon, EVER! And I can't yell at him because he really is mentally challenged. Every one try's to stay away from him because he is anoying as fuck, so because he is always following me no one will hang out with me. Fuck do I wish that I would not be hated by every one in the school if I told this guy to fuck off!

non-euclidean fuck machine

I will never understand and like people who are closed to many diferent things. I don't know how to express it in this language but I'll try my best. People who I know... one listens to classic rock music. Only. He hates other genres. I like his music, but he hates everything else I listen to. Diferent guy plays only cRPG games. Only. I love them too but I don't stop at roleplays. I also like other gerat games. He will never play them because they probably are different genre. One girl is a fangirl one one thing. One shit I actually like too but... I was "obsessed" with it for a short time. Her love is endless. Whenever I talk to her she allways mention this one character. I asked her "maybe you should try someting different? I know many different things that are similiar and cool as well" She answer "Why should I?"

Why are they all the same? Why they don't have a will of an exploler?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I know a guy like that, I met him in passing at school, I was kind to him (mostly because I thought he was mentally challenged) and now he NEVER LEAVES ME ALONE!!! Allways he finds a way to be around me and he never shouts the fuck up about Pokemon, EVER! And I can't yell at him because he really is mentally challenged. Every one try's to stay away from him because he is anoying as fuck, so because he is always following me no one will hang out with me. Fuck do I wish that I would not be hated by every one in the school if I told this guy to fuck off!

I have been in that EXACT situation not once, not twice, but three times. The first was my neighbor, the second was a kid in HS school who I ended up having to ask the teacher to move my seat further form him, and last is a guy I'm trying to find out if he's actually mentally challenged.