Vent

I'm not sure if you're looking for advice or comments on this, although you have posted it on a public forum, however I do apologise if I offend you in any way with the following.

If everyone stops caring, things will not improve. Yes stopping caring may reduce someone's stress level in their life for a while, but it's only delaying the inevitable.

Unfortunately this statement doesn't really help you. Advised not to sing your own national anthem? That sounds somewhat silly, political correctness gone well and truly mad. However, whilst there are plenty of twats, idiots and scum in the world, none are exclusive to any one particular culture. Being tempted to injure people because they're immigrants isn't really a good attitude to have. If they're immigrating, living off the state, not working and doing no good for the economy because they're lazy, then fine. But judge people by their personalities and by their merits, but not by their nationality.

As for self-esteem, I can only advise you to look to what your current skills are. People often say this, and I know myself in 'the past' I'd say nothing of merit, nothing of value, but the truth is if you have the capacity to learn something, if you're capable of physical activity and you have the spare time to available, then focus on one particular thing you would much rather be better in. Becoming good at something, or having something you can draw upon, anything at all, from being able to play a musical instrument like the piano to being good at running, can be a good source of self-esteem. If you find you can still do stuff but still feel that you are lacking in self-esteem, then try to improve. I subscribe to the philosophy that there is always room for improvement, and that anyone can do almost anything given enough time and practice.

I also apologise if I have misinterpreted anything you have said.

Give yourself a +rep from me...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm not sure if you're looking for advice or comments on this, although you have posted it on a public forum, however I do apologise if I offend you in any way with the following.

If everyone stops caring, things will not improve. Yes stopping caring may reduce someone's stress level in their life for a while, but it's only delaying the inevitable.

Unfortunately this statement doesn't really help you. Advised not to sing your own national anthem? That sounds somewhat silly, political correctness gone well and truly mad. However, whilst there are plenty of twats, idiots and scum in the world, none are exclusive to any one particular culture. Being tempted to injure people because they're immigrants isn't really a good attitude to have. If they're immigrating, living off the state, not working and doing no good for the economy because they're lazy, then fine. But judge people by their personalities and by their merits, but not by their nationality.

As for self-esteem, I can only advise you to look to what your current skills are. People often say this, and I know myself in 'the past' I'd say nothing of merit, nothing of value, but the truth is if you have the capacity to learn something, if you're capable of physical activity and you have the spare time to available, then focus on one particular thing you would much rather be better in. Becoming good at something, or having something you can draw upon, anything at all, from being able to play a musical instrument like the piano to being good at running, can be a good source of self-esteem. If you find you can still do stuff but still feel that you are lacking in self-esteem, then try to improve. I subscribe to the philosophy that there is always room for improvement, and that anyone can do almost anything given enough time and practice.

I also apologise if I have misinterpreted anything you have said.

Advice is always welcome.

I never said anything about hurting immigrants, you must've misunderstood. I was raging at everyone, regardless of what country they were from.

You make a really good point in your post. Since I started doing more things, I have been started feeling (a little atleast) better.

I have just started exercising (again) and learning german. Im spending most of my energy and time on these two things, I love learning languages, I truly do.

I do fear that my self-destructive behaviour will kick in again, and fuck everything up. I should probably see another therapist...

Thanks for this, I hadn't thought about how I was being happier when I was doing more things :)

Sorry that I wrote so little (it just feels rude when someone writes so much), but I didnt really have more to add.

"Life sucks sober!"

Sinister and Doublenature, what had happened was that I noticed how about 90% of your posts were angry and hateful. So it was unsettling to me. The "Stop Caring" solution is a quick fix to something like that. It's not meant to be permanent. It's like a mental vacation, so you can settle yourself and start over. I failed to mention this, though.

Also, I'm glad to hear things are getting better for you. Other suggestions I have are methods of venting or channeling your emotions. Channeling is much more beneficial to you're well being, as it not only relieves anger, but imbues satisfaction. Try your hand at something artistic, whether it be music or drawing or writing. It also goes along with what Sinister said about devoting your time to something.

Otherwise, you could try something like kickboxing or, as you said, working out. Both are good ways for venting.

Also, I know it's very difficult for a lot of people and that I don't know what it's like, but try letting the past go. It takes me all of one day to let go of a grudge against someone. I honestly think the longest I've ever been angry at someone was like a week, which was when my girlfriend cheated on me. It really helps to be able to do that, though. When you have a fight with someone because they hate you for some strange reason, and you come in the next day cheery and polite, it drives people insane and makes you look like a nice guy to everyone else. So, if you can, make an attempt to let whatever happened go, no matter how traumatic it may have been.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I have my math EOCT tomorrow.

I HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL TEST ON A MONDAY ABOUT TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE ACTUAL END OF THE SEMESTER. WHY, BOARD OF EDUCATION? WHY?

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

It would give me more time to study; math's probably my weakest subject. Besides, they refer to it as the End of Course Test when it's about 2 weeks before the end of the course.

My largest complaint is that it's on a Monday, which is already the most tedious day of the week.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

Sinister and Doublenature, what had happened was that I noticed how about 90% of your posts were angry and hateful. So it was unsettling to me. The "Stop Caring" solution is a quick fix to something like that. It's not meant to be permanent. It's like a mental vacation, so you can settle yourself and start over. I failed to mention this, though.

Also, I'm glad to hear things are getting better for you. Other suggestions I have are methods of venting or channeling your emotions. Channeling is much more beneficial to you're well being, as it not only relieves anger, but imbues satisfaction. Try your hand at something artistic, whether it be music or drawing or writing. It also goes along with what Sinister said about devoting your time to something.

Otherwise, you could try something like kickboxing or, as you said, working out. Both are good ways for venting.

Also, I know it's very difficult for a lot of people and that I don't know what it's like, but try letting the past go. It takes me all of one day to let go of a grudge against someone. I honestly think the longest I've ever been angry at someone was like a week, which was when my girlfriend cheated on me. It really helps to be able to do that, though. When you have a fight with someone because they hate you for some strange reason, and you come in the next day cheery and polite, it drives people insane and makes you look like a nice guy to everyone else. So, if you can, make an attempt to let whatever happened go, no matter how traumatic it may have been.

You got over something like that over a week? I envy you... I can stay mad at people for YEARS. (depending on what its a bout.)

So yeah, Im working on it. I do prefer to straighten out anything that happened, I dont like just saying: "We're friends now." I actually resolved a recent conflict that had been ongoing for 4 years..

Coming in polite like that, I never pull off because whenever I try it, I look "evil". You know, that wicked smile? I do that....

About the anger relief part: Me and my mothers husband have decided to start boxing together. (He is tall as a mountain and strong as two...) so thats not only good for my anger, but for my fitness too.

Im also looking for someone to teach me singing (more like screaming..) so Im doing my best to cover the artistic part.

Also, channeling. Is that like meditation ? (Forgive my ignorance)

When you say that my posts were hateful, do you mean towards your post? I did not mean to sound hateful against you, and you have my sincerest apologies if that is the case.

"Life sucks sober!"

When you say that my posts were hateful, do you mean towards your post? I did not mean to sound hateful against you, and you have my sincerest apologies if that is the case.

No, not at me. Just at the world. They were always consisting of you being angry at someone or something and it kinda concerned me.

As far as channeling is concerned, meditation is a form, but I meant artistic channeling. Doing something creative that you are passionate about is the best way to use your emotions as it both relieves stress and is constructive for your mind. Musical instruments tend to be better for this than singing, from what I've seen. Piano and Guitar are probably the two best, but I get by just fine with my Saxophone.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

GAH

WOULD YOU JUST STOP SENDING ME URL AFTER URL AFTER URL BEFORE I LOSE MY TEMPER AND BREAK SOMETHING?

Really, I don't even see the need to respond to 90% of the crap people send me; it's just some random or nonsensical video/image/etc., and if I DO respond, it's almost invariably met by just another URL. Why should I invest the effort to even read your messages when you don't even acknowledge my responses?

No, not at me. Just at the world. They were always consisting of you being angry at someone or something and it kinda concerned me.

As far as channeling is concerned, meditation is a form, but I meant artistic channeling. Doing something creative that you are passionate about is the best way to use your emotions as it both relieves stress and is constructive for your mind. Musical instruments tend to be better for this than singing, from what I've seen. Piano and Guitar are probably the two best, but I get by just fine with my Saxophone.

Instruments you say? I played guitar in like the 6th grade or something, cant say it was fun.

Im not really interested in learning instruments, drums maybe....

I dont know, its gotta be better than punching walls, but I just dont know.

"Life sucks sober!"

Another mass shooting, this time in a public school in I believe, Connecticut. What the hell is going on in our country, seriously? 27 people, mostly kids, were killed. This is ridiculous. And the worst part is we can't even get an answer since the shooter is dead! This is the fourth time I've seen a suicide murder story and it's been pissing me off. What goes on in these people's minds that they decide to kill innocent people, children, and then kill themselves? Why not just kill yourself and be done with it? Why take lives? You can't even rationalize this with these people. I have never seen this many stories like this in a row, but the sad truth is that most likely, this stuff happens all the time and only now are official news stories taking interest.

It just depresses me beyond all belief, but these people don't care. They're dead, already. And that's what makes it worse.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Another mass shooting, this time in a public school in I believe, Connecticut. What the hell is going on in our country, seriously? 27 people, mostly kids, were killed. This is ridiculous. And the worst part is we can't even get an answer since the shooter is dead! This is the fourth time I've seen a suicide murder story and it's been pissing me off. What goes on in these people's minds that they decide to kill innocent people, children, and then kill themselves? Why not just kill yourself and be done with it? Why take lives? You can't even rationalize this with these people. I have never seen this many stories like this in a row, but the sad truth is that most likely, this stuff happens all the time and only now are official news stories taking interest.

It just depresses me beyond all belief, but these people don't care. They're dead, already. And that's what makes it worse.

This is so incredibly tragic and unnecessary. My thoughts go out to the parents and family...

Innocent childrens lives lost for nothing...

"Life sucks sober!"

This is so incredibly tragic and unnecessary. My thoughts go out to the parents and family...

Innocent childrens lives lost for nothing...

I think I read in another article that the shooter killed his parents, too. A truly tragic day. Even worse than a few days ago when that one guy carved a pentagram on his son's back (on 12/12/12, of course). I think people are snapping because of a lot of the "end of the world" nonsense that'll either flop or not no more than a week from now.

You know what pisses me off the most? The fact that the politicians are already using it as an excuse to push their agendas. You've got Democrats calling for more gun control and Republicans (at least one anyway) saying it's because we 'removed god from school' or some shit. Seriously, this is not the fucking time, people. Give people time to mourn without turning it into a political shitstorm. I really hate this country sometimes.

"I aim for the stars, but sometimes I hit London." - Wernher von Braun

Yeah, when I was younger, I loved this country all the time and seldom hated it. In the last 10 years, that flipped flopped and I really can't stand being here for a long list of reasons. I guess either things changed or I suddenly became aware of the company I lived in.

You know what pisses me off the most? The fact that the politicians are already using it as an excuse to push their agendas. You've got Democrats calling for more gun control and Republicans (at least one anyway) saying it's because we 'removed god from school' or some shit. Seriously, this is not the fucking time, people. Give people time to mourn without turning it into a political shitstorm. I really hate this country sometimes.

So, let's wait until the next tragedy to give people a time to mourn so we can wait until the next tragedy to give people a time to mourn so we can wait until the next tragedy to give people a time to mourn so we can wait until the next tragedy...?

I'll just throw this out there; gun control isn't even the answer. Why? Well, last I checked, criminals don't exactly follow the law, so how then will banning guns help anything?

Exactly. If people really really want guns, they're not going to care about the law and will go to any lengths to get them.

It's only going to fuel a black market for guns really.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I'll just throw this out there; gun control isn't even the answer. Why? Well, last I checked, criminals don't exactly follow the law, so how then will banning guns help anything?

Exactly. If people really really want guns, they're not going to care about the law and will go to any lengths to get them.

It's only going to fuel a black market for guns really.

Well, but it would make things a lot more difficult. And really, the ones who do the shootings aren't usually all that criminal, just mentally unstable. And finding the black market for guns isn't something a high school kid could easily do. In other words, yes if they really really want guns they can get them, but I would think a lot of these people didn't really really want them.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"